« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:19 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Maybe Skyy Moore is too close to Sly Morris. Beat down those old fears, because Mahomes!

(don't pick #84)
Good thing that Skyy won’t be playing with Elvis Grbac as his QB and Jimmy Raye as his OC.
[Reply]
nychief 12:28 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Good thing that Skyy won’t be playing with Elvis Grbac as his QB and Jimmy Raye as his OC.

then there is Snoop Minnis, of course.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:31 PM 05-04-2022
He must not have went hunting with Grbac. Then Elvis threw him into a knee injury
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:31 AM 05-05-2022
Ranking the top 10 instant impact rookies for the 2022 NFL season: Skyy Moore, Logan Hall head of the class

1. Skyy Moore, WR, Chiefs
This was a pairing decided by the football cosmos. It will become a "well, it's the rest of the NFL's fault for letting Moore land in Kansas City" type situation. He was the sixth wideout picked in the second round! How in tarnation did that happen? Moore's film was riveting, he tested like a high-caliber athlete and doesn't turn 22 until September. Sure, there's Travis Kelce, Mecole Hardman, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and JuJu Smith-Schuster in Kansas City. Moore will, sooner than later, stand out as a Patrick Mahomes -- and Andy Reid -- favorite in the Chiefs' already dynamic offense. Do other receivers have a more clear-cut path to targets? Sure. But Moore will make the greatest impact among all rookies in 2022.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-of-the-class/
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:45 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wonder if Morris had come around like 5-10 years later what he could have been.

I can't remember the injury he had, but the dude just wasn't the same at all after his recovery. I know guys DID recover from all kinds of horrific injuries in the late 90s, but it wasn't nearly as systematic and ordinary as it is now.
It was a knee injury of some sort I think.

Sly is often used as a 'bust' example, but the reality is he caught 48 balls as a rookie and then blew a knee out.

He was kind of knocked kneed, remember? Might have had something to do with it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:48 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Maybe Skyy Moore is too close to Sly Morris. Beat down those old fears, because Mahomes!

(don't pick #84)
If it's a Sly Mo comp you want, look no further than Justyn Ross.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:49 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It was a knee injury of some sort I think.

Sly is often used as a 'bust' example, but the reality is he caught 48 balls as a rookie and then blew a knee out.

He was kind of knocked kneed, remember? Might have had something to do with it.
I thought it was a spinal injury that did him. For some reason i recall something about a back injury in TC.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:50 AM 05-05-2022
Meh nevermind. Google says repeated knee injuries.

Originally Posted by :
Morris was lost for 2001 and missed all of 2002 after suffering a setback. In 2003, Morris landed on IR with a hip injury before he was eventually waived. He staged a comeback with the Bucs in 2004, but tore his ACL while running untouched across the field during a practice that summer. He'd retire with just 15 NFL games to his credit.

[Reply]
crispystl 11:56 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Seems like he was just destined to be a broke dick.

"Morris' career in Kansas City lasted for a single season. He caught 48 passes for 678 receiving yards and three touchdowns in 15 games.

His playing career ended after he tore his right ACL on the last day of Organized Team Activities before his second season. After two years of rehab, Morris tore the labrum in his hip. He then went to a camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but he suffered an injury to his left leg in OTAs before deciding to retire.

Morris is still decked out in all Chiefs gear on his social media pages. He attends alumni week every season and still spends time with the former teammates who were drafted the same year as him like Dante Hall.

His Super Bowl viewing experience was a bit different than Anderson's, as he cheered and watched his former team rally to a 31-20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LIV.

"Man, that was awesome," Morris said. "I lost my voice yelling that night."

Morris now does a lot of on-set design work for movies and TV productions. He also coaches at Lusher Charter in New Orleans"

Ohhhh he tore the labrum in his hip. I didn’t realize that. I just thought he wasnt ever able to fully recover from the ACL. I had the same labrum injury and I can’t imagine ever coming back 100% from that. Percy Harvin came back after his and actually returned a punt or a kick for a TD but he was never the same. I was amazed he was able to play as well as he was post op though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mabbott 12:28 PM 05-05-2022
The Jaguars report on his press coverage ability was this:

A classic slot receiver with less than ideal height and length but plenty of muscle and the type of foot quickness that makes him hard for defenders to track down in space, it isn't hard to project a role for Moore. Moore's quick-twitch ability is most evident after the catch, where Moore produced missed and broken tackles at a high rate. Moore is stronger than he looks and can bounce defenders off his lower body, while also getting separation out of breaks when defenders have their hands on his frame.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:03 PM 05-05-2022
traded down from 50 t0 54. Pickens, Thornton and Pierce went in those slots
Seems to me that Pickens or Moore were a wash at that point
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:17 PM 05-05-2022
If Pickens and Moore are a wash I'll take the guy who catches everything and doesn't start shit on the sidelines
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:18 PM 05-05-2022
Really excited about this guy. Listening to his coach right now. Was going to be a CB, but a WR left and he was the X as a true freshmen. Never played wideout before college and became the top WR for them as a true freshmen. Started off bad at getting off the line and breaking the press and now he's elite at that.

The guy is gonna be good.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:18 PM 05-05-2022
If Kinnard and Moore are as good as some think they are, then what a fucking trade.

I’m really warming up to Moore as I read and see more about him.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:20 PM 05-05-2022
He's smart as hell too. Ex QB and he never went through an actual college weight training off season. This guy can put on a bunch of muscle.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 280
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up