ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 185
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The best pass-rusher in the NFL is Aaron Donald and he is so effective because he uses power and technique to run through people.

Not saying Karlaftis is Donald but agree it is stupid to discount how he wins as a way to get to the QB.

The 1st round is littered with guys that could run around the edge who did nothing in the NFL.
Aaron Donald plays inside. That's a completely different skillset.

He doesn't need to bend. Winning as a DE going thru a T works fine. It's not all bend. But you've gotta have some bend at some point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Aaron Donald plays inside. That's a completely different skillset.

He doesn't need to bend. Winning as a DE going thru a T works fine. It's not all bend. But you've gotta have some bend at some point.
He's got moves and counters. You guys are acting like we drafted Mike Danna at#30. The bend thing is much more important for the speed rusher trying to get around the OT on the outside. There are plenty of effective pass rushers that use strength, leverage, heavy hands, and drive to get it done. You're not getting Derrick Thomas at #30. Just wait and see. Kid's going to be a good player.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's got moves and counters. You guys are acting like we drafted Mike Danna at#30. The bend thing is much more important for the speed rusher trying to get around the OT on the outside. There are plenty of effective pass rushers that use strength, leverage, heavy hands, and drive to get it done. You're not getting Derrick Thomas at #30. Just wait and see. Kid's going to be a good player.
He's a good pick.

He'll be a good solid high floor player, which is exactly what you want in the late first.

But at some point they'll need to take some risk on a high upside guy that can play with power AND speed. Those guys go early in the draft and are expensive in free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:19 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And for all of the talk about speed rushers....people get super pissed all the time when those types of DEs get taken out of the play because the OT just let's them run around the back of the QB.

They're nice to have but they can't be your entire defensive line.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And for all of the talk about speed rushers....people get super pissed all the time when those types of DEs get taken out of the play because the OT just let's them run around the back of the QB.

They're nice to have but they can't be your entire defensive line.
Everyone wants a guy that can do both.

You know, your Nick Bosa's. Cause those guys go at 30 alot.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:22 AM 05-02-2022
He's a good pick.

He'll be a good solid high floor player, which is exactly what you want in the late first.

But at some point they'll need to take some risk on a high upside guy that can play with power AND speed. Those guys go early in the draft and are expensive in free agency.
Not with a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 05-02-2022
Everyone wants a guy that can do both.

You know, your Nick Bosa's. Cause those guys go at 30 alot.
Exactly why people needed to temper their expectations with who we were going to get.

I would have loved to draft Jermaine Johnson but Karlaftis is 3 years younger and seems to not have any attitude issues. Not saying that it's confirmed that he does....but he fell down for a reason.
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 AM 05-02-2022
Not with a 1st round pick.
They'll have to trade up or trade for that guy likely.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:25 AM 05-02-2022
They'll have to trade up or trade for that guy likely.
We don't have to do anything. If we add a Dunlap or another vet pass-rusher our Dline is set.

Of course I would like a Thibodeaux. But neither the Bills or Bengals had one either last year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 05-02-2022
We don't have to do anything. If we add a Dunlap or another vet pass-rusher our Dline is set.

Of course I would like a Thibodeaux. But neither the Bills or Bengals had one either last year.
The Bills also lost because they didn't have that guy. The Bengals were an outlier that got lucky.

Eventually, you'll have to find that guy.

I'm not talking about this year. They can patch it up together this year. But if they keep winning like they are, to get that guy, theoretically, you have to pay a shit load.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:51 AM 05-02-2022
The Bills also lost because they didn't have that guy. The Bengals were an outlier that got lucky.

Eventually, you'll have to find that guy.

I'm not talking about this year. They can patch it up together this year. But if they keep winning like they are, to get that guy, theoretically, you have to pay a shit load.

You're assuming a lot.

Number one WR is a far bigger need than elite DE. We just spent 1st round pick on a good prospect and you're already writing him off for dumb reasons.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:56 AM 05-02-2022
Listen to Spags in this, it should make you feel a lot better about the pick, if you were having any reservations.

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 05-02-2022
You're assuming a lot.

Number one WR is a far bigger need than elite DE. We just spent 1st round pick on a good prospect and you're already writing him off for dumb reasons.
I'm not writing him off. I think it was a good pick. He'll be a good player.

We just spent a 2nd on a WR as well, so yeah, I don't think that's coming up soon again.

If you want an elite DE that can bend and play with power, you're trading up for one or trading for one.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:25 AM 05-02-2022
I'm not writing him off. I think it was a good pick. He'll be a good player.

We just spent a 2nd on a WR as well, so yeah, I don't think that's coming up soon again.

If you want an elite DE that can bend and play with power, you're trading up for one or trading for one.
We have an elite pass rusher. His name is Chris Jones. We don't have an elite WR.

Last year's Superbowl featured a team with Ja'marr Chase against a team with Cooper Kupp and OBJ.

We need to add a top WR to maximize Mahomes. It might not happen this year but next year that's more important than finding another top pass-rusher.

BTW, if you want a DE that can run around the edge , Jerry Hughes is still out there. We can offer him a few million a year and there you go.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:27 AM 05-02-2022
Bills lost because Mahomes did GOAT things. Nothing the Bills could do to stop it.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 185
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up