ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 71
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
tredadda 01:43 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The thing is...You've got to remember...these are kids. KIDS. They're in their 20's, and find themselves rich and famous.

And most of them have been coddled since they were early teenagers because they could play football.

They have no actual real life experience; their lives have been very different from regular folks.

I know I would've been an insufferable asshole if I'd made the cover of Rolling Stone and had millions in my 20's.

It's disappointing, but inevitable, really that with ultimate success would come ultimate complacency.

Belichick was really smart all those years to not ever pay market value for 'stars' and just churn the roster every year. Nobody but Brady was untouchable, and nobody had a chance to get complacent.

We're going to need to do the same going forward.
Belichick got away with it on offense because he had Brady. He got away with it on defense because he's one of the most brilliant defensive minds of all time. I don't think Spags is as bad as our defense has been this year, but he can't hold a candle to Belichick. He will always need better players than Bill. He won't be able to get by with the Van Noys, and Ninkovichs and Collins of the world.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:45 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Honey Bitcher
Anthony Bitchens
Honey Blather

anthony bitchens is good tho lol
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:45 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That's a lame excuse, and enables entitlement. If I knew I ****ed up on social media that age like someone who's an alcoholic you stay away from it and not have social media accounts in general.
I'm not enabling anything, I'm just saying we shouldn't be surprised.

lotsa pearl clutching going on.

I'm saying the mistake the organization has made is keeping these guys on too long. This is the price we have to pay now for 'run it back'.

Well, really, the Clark, Hitchens, Mathieu deals were structured in such a way that we couldn't get out until next year. But this is the price for SB54 and we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm excusing nothing. It's unacceptable. I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise, and is something the organization should learn from moving forward.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:50 PM 10-30-2021
He said some dumb shit on a dumb platform and apologized for it. Move on.

Just laugh at Hitchens for thinking he has room to speak.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:50 PM 10-30-2021
Also not an excuse but...

Imagine in your much lower paid job, you had five people come up to you and shit on your company and you day after day.

How long before you'd tell someone off?

Now take those five people and multiply it by hundreds of anonymous faceless Twitter accounts.

People don't need to be @ Mathieu. But they know they're protected so they do. I don't mind criticizing players on a message board or even venting on Twitter but tagging them is just asking for retaliation.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:51 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
A team would give up something for Tyrann, don't kid yourselves. As for Hitchens, I doubt it but maybe a late pick.

Hopefully, Veach was shopping both yesterday.

They wouldn't be enormous losses. Slide Sneed into Mathieu's spot and play Fenton outside with Hughes on the slot. We saw how much better Bolton is than Hitchens already.
Hitchens has 15 tackles for loss in 3.5 years here. Bolton has 9 in only 7 games.

Bolton isn’t just better, he’s a significant upgrade
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:52 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, they've got the same record we do, with a rookie QB.

And they're getting better. And their rookie QB is getting better.

No argument that the fact that a 6th round pick became the GOAT and that is a huge reason they won all those rings. But year after year, he let Seymours and Wilforks and whatnot go when they got expensive, and he replaced them with either draft picks or over-the-hill vets like Seau and Harrison, hungry for a ring on the cheap that could still play a role. He didn't keep guys around long enough to get too well paid and too complacent.

I'm not arguing that he's the best drafter. But he's probably the best head coach in history at accountability on the field and within the organization and being flexible in his schemes on both sides of the ball to take advantage of the talent on hand.

I'm not saying we need to mirror anybody, but there are lessons there as to long term organizational success.

We have 3 players that are unique and talented enough to be untouchable; Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce.

Jones would be if he were consistently motivated. But he's not, and that's just the way it is.

Everyone else can walk when they get too expensive or complacent, and we churn on.
That’s exactly it. BB is a hardass, he doesn’t take shit from the players, and he’s not afraid to cut or bench guys who aren’t performing to expectations. Players have to be reserved and playing at the highest level. Gronk hated playing for him (but surely loved the rings), hell Tom is not just a machine when he talks in press conferences and stuff anymore. As much as I hate to admit it, I like the Tom Brady that has surfaced in TB, vs the one he had to be under BB. He’s a lot more personable, and human than I ever saw in NE.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:53 PM 10-30-2021
So HB has apologized. Now where is the one from Hitchens?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:54 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Belichick got away with it on offense because he had Brady. He got away with it on defense because he's one of the most brilliant defensive minds of all time. I don't think Spags is as bad as our defense has been this year, but he can't hold a candle to Belichick. He will always need better players than Bill. He won't be able to get by with the Van Noys, and Ninkovichs and Collins of the world.
see, everybody keeps saying Belichick is one of the most briliant defensive minds of all time...

Okay. show me. What's his list of great innovations? What's the hallmark of a Belichick defense? Is it great pressure? Exotic blitz packages?

To me, and I remember Belichick as Parcells' DC-

It's just understanding what the players on hand can do, and putting them in situations to do that. Not fitting square pegs into round holes, but drilling out the fucking hole so it fits.

He's run a 4-3, he's run 3-4's. he's played tight man. He's played zone. He's had massive run stopping lines, and smaller, quick, penetrating lines. It's like every spring he walks out on the field and looks around and says-"Well, I figure we can do THIS with this bunch". And then gets it done.

And he's done it offensively too. Randy Moss is available? cool, let's chuck it. No WR's? How about two dominant TE's instead? One of them is a murderer? Well, let's throw to these midgets in the slot and the RB's.

He just figures out what the guys he's got on hand can do, and does it.

so I think it's FLEXIBILITY that is his real genius.

And he lets them walk before they get too big for their britches. That's smart, too.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:57 PM 10-30-2021
HB should take a look at all the ridiculous bashing Mahomes gets on Twitter, and then take a look at how Mahomes handles it and himself. I get mad reading all the people shitting on Mahomes on there, but he doesn’t take the bait.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:59 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
HB should take a look at all the ridiculous bashing Mahomes gets on Twitter, and then take a look at how Mahomes handles it and himself. I get mad reading all the people shitting on Mahomes on there, but he doesn’t take the bait.
Mahomes was quite literally born and bred for this.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:00 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
Cant believe how quick y'all really turning on Tyrann..

I mean being pissed off after a game and saying he sucks etc,., is one thing but people really dont want him to be a Chief for life?. .

Dude has given everything he has to this team..has stayed healthy and played well. .

hes a bit easy to fly off the handle on twitte rbut he also does that on the football field. . overall seems like a really good dude
The dude needs to stay off Twitter. If he's angry at fans, buy some old plates from Goodwill and bash them against a wall shouting expletives as you go. But stop rage-tweeting. It doesn't work. Ever.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:04 PM 10-30-2021
Meanwhile is Chris Jones back from his vaginal rejuvenation… or “personal reasons” yet?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 02:06 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
The dude needs to stay off Twitter. If he's angry at fans, buy some old plates from Goodwill and bash them against a wall shouting expletives as you go. But stop rage-tweeting. It doesn't work. Ever.
Eh, Twittafingaz Mathieu has always been a barker. Sometimes that involves barking up the wrong tree. It all right though. We all sometimes lose focus.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:08 PM 10-30-2021
I would imagine Clark would be the one heated about the fans comment. Him and his dad would meet fans in the parking lot before games. I also imagine it's the families,mostly. Packing tales of things said on SM. They Really need to stay away from commenting.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 71
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up