ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 131
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:17 PM 04-11-2022
The Lakers won a title during the bubble. That's already a big accomplishment. They were never winning more with aging Lebron and brokedick Davis. Especially in a tougher Western Conference.

Plus, unlike other bottom-feeders, they'll be fine. Because they're in Los Angeles, free agents will be drawn to that organization. Heck, even the Clippers are drawing free agents and that was always considered Siberia despite being in Los Angeles. Other markets aren't so lucky.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:27 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
LeBron's phone probably ran out of battery or something.

Vogel is a fine coach. Not a great one, but he's adequate. Most of the complaints centered around his rotations, etc... are the same thing you hear tossed out there for EVERY coach that is losing game and have little novelty or basis in reality.

Bottom line is that LeBron insisted on a squad that simply was not going to win games regardless of who coached it. He cut Vogel's throat.

But whatever - he's pretty fungible. They'll find someone mediocre or better to replace him. I won't cry over spilt re-treads.

But this team is in a world of hurt for the next several years.

It still blows my mind that anyone thought Russell Westbrook was a good idea. This is why you don't let players be the GM - they're kinda stupid.
Hield made so much sense for that team. I still don't get it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:30 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
https://theathletic.com/3243084/2022...shared_article

Nurse, who led the Raptors to a championship in 2019, signed a multiyear contract extension in 2020 and has two years left on his deal. It’s unclear whether he will be attainable or whether he would have interest, but the Lakers are hoping the former Coach of the Year is an option with the allure of coaching James and Davis and the appeal of the Los Angeles market. To acquire Nurse, the Lakers would need to receive permission from the Raptors and likely engage them on a prospective trade. Over the next several weeks, expect several other candidates to emerge, including University of Michigan coach Juwan Howard, who interviewed for the opening in 2019.
What Nurse (UNI Alum) is doing THIS year in Toronto is amazing. "Wait, most of our good players are power forwards?!? Seriously, in this day and age? Ok, we'll make it work."
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah the bottom end of the west playoffs looks rough. Amazing the Lakers can't beat that.

I know they'll do the trade every time because championship but it's amazing that NO, the ****fest they've been since Chris Paul, beat out the Lakers for the 10 seed.
Wolves, somehow again, get hosed when they actually make the playoffs. ****ing 7 seed.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:57 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wolves, somehow again, get hosed when they actually make the playoffs. ****ing 7 seed.

One game separating Wolves from the 6 seed.

Like fucking 10 games or something separating them from the 8 seed.

8 teams was already too much. The NBA is seriously cool with like a 25-win team getting lucky and going to the playoffs?

The play in is fucking stupid
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:05 PM 04-11-2022
Hong Kong LeBron should go play in China.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:05 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
One game separating Wolves from the 6 seed.

Like fucking 10 games or something separating them from the 8 seed.

8 teams was already too much. The NBA is seriously cool with like a 25-win team getting lucky and going to the playoffs?

The play in is fucking stupid
Eh. Isn't it something like only 10 times a 7 or 8 even advanced past the first round since they expanded? It's kind of amusing to watch these bumpkin teams fight for the right to get their shit pushed in by the top seeds.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:48 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Miles:
The finger pointing this summer should be entertaining. How long until Lebron and Klutch try to throw management under the bus and distance themselves from getting Westbrook in the first place?
It's already started. I listened to the Bill Simmons Podcast that was released on Sunday, and Simmons said (I think it was) Klutch put out a statement that said Westbrook misled (:-)) LeBron about the way he would play.

Of course Simmons and Russillo roasted LeBron - like Westbrook is EVER going to change anything about the way he plays.

But yeah. About 10 minutes after the last game.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:54 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Hong Kong LeBron should go play in China.
It is crazy to think about how long he’s been in the league now. Especially when you realize he played his first NBA game the same year the Raiders won their last playoff game. Are you blaming him for the Raiders complete ineptitude or something?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:44 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It is crazy to think about how long he’s been in the league now. Especially when you realize he played his first NBA game the same year the Raiders won their last playoff game. Are you blaming him for the Raiders complete ineptitude or something?
I blame everyone and everything. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:21 PM 04-11-2022
It's already started. I listened to the Bill Simmons Podcast that was released on Sunday, and Simmons said (I think it was) Klutch put out a statement that said Westbrook misled (:-)) LeBron about the way he would play.

Of course Simmons and Russillo roasted LeBron - like Westbrook is EVER going to change anything about the way he plays.

It isn't even about the way Westbrook plays (although that doesn't help). Westbrook was absolutely terrible last year and was showing signs of steep decline in his game when they traded for him.

It was a ridiculous trade.
[Reply]
Miles 08:08 PM 04-11-2022

:-) Didn’t realize it had already started.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:15 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It isn't even about the way Westbrook plays (although that doesn't help). Westbrook was absolutely terrible last year and was showing signs of steep decline in his game when they traded for him.

Even if he was in his prime, it was still a terrible trade, just by the way he played. They needed about 8 3 and D guys to go with LeBron and whatever the fuck happened to Davis.

What they got was a guy teams were daring to shoot 3's and is every bit as ball dominant as Hardin.

And all that is before he's been in massive decline since what - 2017?

That might be in the discussion for worst trade of all time.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:17 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Miles:
:-) Didn’t realize it had already started.
If they let a news vacuum develop, a narrative might form. And we can't have that.
[Reply]
Miles 08:18 PM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Yep. I’m not sure there is really much left if he were to finally change how he plays. To no surprise to anyone his athleticism hid a lot.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 131
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up