ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 295
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:09 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Heh. Watch his games against Arkansas or Texas A&M. I was ****ing giddy like a school girl watching that shit.

For those of you who are reminded of Barry Sanders when you watch CEH, you have to watch those games. He does his best Barry Sanders impersonations there.

And btw, when asked who he modeled himself after, his answer was Barry Sanders.
there's a lot of that in his change of direction and elusiveness.

But he'll just drop his shoulder and plow for the extra yards too, and that's kind of what makes me think of Payton.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:09 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It should be noted that the corpse of Lesean McCoy averaged 4.6YPC behind this line last year.

CEH will be fine.
Shady began the season averaging over 5.4 yards/carry. His average dropped to under 5 yards/carry after he tweaked his ankle against the Colts.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:10 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Spell.....literally.

Lol
We have so many RBs now we won't have to keep calling CJ Speller. Or Tori Spilling. Or anyone else for that matter.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:10 PM 04-24-2020
It's a very real possibility they don't see OL as a big need. They seem to be banking on LDT returning to form and might be high on Rankins. They'll add an OL if it's BPA no doubt, but might not be in such a hurry to do so.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:12 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It's a very real possibility they don't see OL as a big need. They seem to be banking on LDT returning to form and might be high on Rankins. They'll add an OL if it's BPA no doubt, but might not be in such a hurry to do so.
I think you're right.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 04-24-2020
Veach said the OL has value well into the 4th.

I’d expect us to take one in rounds 3-5.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:14 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Except you forget about the value of the fifth year option. If this kid is as good as most believe he will be then we will all be glad for that fifth year option.
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:15 PM 04-24-2020
3 of Belichick's 18 First round draft picks have been RB's. The only other position he's drafted MORE of in the first round is Defensive Tackle.

It's not all about the First round. Like others have said in this thread, it's about where in the First round. When you're at the end, you have your choice of elite RB's.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:15 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
CEH will take pressure off of the pass rush. He's great insurance for when/if Damien Williams isn't 100%.
So, all 19 games
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:16 PM 04-24-2020
I think they view IOL as something they can plug-n-play off the scrap heap. They've been treating IOL that way since Reid has been here.

And i think Veach is a "rare, uncoachable trait" kind of guy when it comes to the draft. You don't find many "rare uncoachable traits" when looking at IOL in general.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:16 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Hope they do. Can never have enough OL prospects.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 04-24-2020
I'm all about positional value but some people act like you can't draft Barry Sanders in round 1, Arizona played that game taking a LT over Adrian Peterson, they'd have a SB title had they taken Peterson.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:17 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

That would be my assumption as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 04-24-2020
Hope they do. Can never have enough OL prospects.
Keep your eye out for Nick Harris.

I called CEH being the best fit for this offense, let’s see if I can go 2 for 2.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:17 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yes but none of you people have bothered to read the new CBA.

If any first rounder reaches two Pro Bowls in his first three seasons, his 5th year option then equals the Franchise Tag number.

So if CEH lives up to his potential, he'll likely be with the Chiefs for only 4 years but the Chiefs should get a high Comp Pick in return.
If he lives up to his potential I doubt they cut him loose.

They'll just pay the man for another couple years.

He'd only be 26. The way we'd most likely use him? He'd still be in his prime.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 295
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up