ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 200
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
bricks 09:34 PM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Trash is a little harsh but hey it is your team :-)

I still think you guys will win this series just need a better effort from Lowry and the bench. They aslo should shorten up their rotation and Kawhi should play 40 minutes.
Okay I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, he does a lot of things well for a point guard like rebound, steal, play pretty good defense, passes the ball well, draws charges etc...but, he is not a CONSISTENT efficient scorer. Some nights he is on shooting the ball and when he is off, he is flat out terrible.

He lacks composure as well. The guy gets too excited and antsy lots of times and as a result rushes his shots or makes bad shot selections in general. He needs to work on slowing the game down but at this point in his career he hasn’t learned that effectively and Im convinced he never will.

OMG the bench ****ing sucks balls. I blame Nick Nurse. He should shake it up a little. Vanvleet has been balls this series and so has Ibaka. If the bench keeps playing like this; they’ll lose no doubt about it.

The thing that kills me is the Raptors have depth and so why not mix it up? If it ain’t working, fix it. They have Lin, McCaw, Meeks why not play them? I don’t get it. I also think losing Anunoby hurts this team.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:36 PM 05-02-2019
76ers are my squad now that OKC is bounced. I'll have to root for Embiid, always liked how Butler plays the game. Tobias Harris has made himself into some kind of player. Every year gets better.

Every game they get a little bit better, play with a little bit more chemistry. With a little bit of luck, they could win it all.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:11 PM 05-02-2019
I guess Lebron had 2 fake championships as well. What a dumb post by KCC
You'll have to remind me when LeBron joined the 73 win team that he choked to in the following year because I don't recall it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:14 PM 05-02-2019
I wonder when the playoffs start if Lowry's brain just locks up or something because he seems to play his worst during this time of year.
He's definitely got a mental block in the playoffs. Becomes a completely different player. He bricks a shot or two and he's hesitant to even shoot the rest of the game (which limits the entire's team offense as it did tonight).

The Raptors are still better than the Sixers at their best but they certainly haven't been at their best the last two games. Kawhi is out there on an island right now like LeBron was last year with those scrub Cavs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:28 PM 05-02-2019

The Warriors "dynasty":

2015: Beat a horribly injured Cavs team

2016: Committed biggest choke in NBA history

2017: Cried to KD in the parking lot to guarantee a worthless title

2018: re-signed KD again to guarantee another worthless title

2019: same as 2018#Frauds

— Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkBarry) May 1, 2019

[Reply]
bricks 12:08 AM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's definitely got a mental block in the playoffs. Becomes a completely different player. He bricks a shot or two and he's hesitant to even shoot the rest of the game (which limits the entire's team offense as it did tonight).

The Raptors are still better than the Sixers at their best but they certainly haven't been at their best the last two games. Kawhi is out there on an island right now like LeBron was last year with those scrub Cavs.
I hate Lowry. I don’t think the Raptors will win with that piece of trash ever.

Everything you’re saying relates to him cracking under pressure. In my opinion, thats because he gets nervous and antsy under pressure that he rushes plays and like you said “hesitant” to shoot which to me means his poor play leads to a lack of belief or confidence in himself that he can’t overcome it.

He definately doesn’t have the mental makeup that leads to elite play in the post season and never will.

I honestly wish the Grizzlies did the Raptors a favour by packaging Conley with Gasol in a trade and the Raps shipped Lowry there. But no team would be stupid to take on a $33 million dollar player with an injury prone history and that has a bad reputation for being a poor performer in the playoffs. Plus the Grizzlies are rebuilding and so taking on Lowry wouldn’t have made sense for them.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:02 AM 05-03-2019
You'll have to remind me when LeBron joined the 73 win team that he choked to in the following year because I don't recall it.
Seems like we have had this convo a million times before and don't feel like rehashing the same tired arguments. But it is obvious KD made the right decision because he was never going to win in OKC with the stat padder loser Westbrook by his side. And as a good as GSW was prior to Durant he has been the best player on that team from day one and has been MJ esque in the playoffs and Finals.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:45 AM 05-03-2019

Who is this McCock guy?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:50 AM 05-03-2019

So the only reason LeBron got his 3rd of 3 titles is because the other team committed the biggest choke in NBA history?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:58 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
They would be the best team in the east if Lowry consistently played well. When his shot isn't falling they could use a better effort from VanVleet off the bench. Combined they only had 8 points tonight.
I still don't understand why they gave Lowry that contract.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:42 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So the only reason LeBron got his 3rd of 3 titles is because the other team committed the biggest choke in NBA history?
LeBron having the greatest comeback in NBA history and the Warriors having the greatest choke in NBA history (it was 3-1 :-)) aren't mutually exclusive concepts.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:43 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Who is this McCock guy?
You wouldn't like him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:53 PM 05-03-2019
Greatest comeback in history? When the other team choked, as you put it? Alright then.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 02:56 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Greatest comeback in history? When the other team choked, as you put it? Alright then.
LeBronies.. Man they are annoying..
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:00 PM 05-03-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
LeBronies.. Man they are annoying..
:-) It's just fun to poke at them. LeBron is easily top 2 all time. Just a damn shame his ego and desire to run the entire team his way will define his legacy instead of just being the best ballplayer of our generation.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 200
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up