ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 145
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 08:36 AM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No one in the house drinks milk, so I'm not sure.

But a quart, which I'll get from time to time for baking, is normally around $1.79.
For a fucking quart? California milk isn't that great. :-)

The boring Ohio stuff is typically under $4/gal.

I drink it everyday.
[Reply]
007 10:29 AM 01-24-2016
I love filling up for less than 60 cents
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:24 AM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
I love filling up for less than 60 cents
Pocket rocket? Moped?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
Meh. Gasoline can be had in the area for $2.65/gallon.
I went to Costco Burbank yesterday and it was $2.55. But all of the local Hollywood stations are well over $3 dollars a gallon.

Arco is often less expensive but it's cash or debit card only and they charge a fee for debit card use, so it's more than it appears.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:01 PM 01-24-2016
I went to Costco Burbank yesterday and it was $2.55. But all of the local Hollywood stations are well over $3 dollars a gallon.

Arco is often less expensive but it's cash or debit card only and they charge a fee for debit card use, so it's more than it appears.
I'm going to start charging a fee for credit/debit card use. I'm a small shop and it cost me over a thousand dollars last month alone just to take them... And this is the slower time of the year.
[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 01-24-2016

Shell
8020 Santa Monica Blvd & Laurel Ave

West Hollywood

57m ago
jimmingin
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:05 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:

Shell
8020 Santa Monica Blvd & Laurel Ave

West Hollywood

57m ago
jimmingin
That's probably a 20 minute drive for me. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:07 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'm going to start charging a fee for credit/debit card use. I'm a small shop and it cost me over a thousand dollars last month alone just to take them... And this is the slower time of the year.
I don't blame you. Those fees quickly add up for small businesses.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:11 PM 01-24-2016
I don't blame you. Those fees quickly add up for small businesses.
It It sucks. Really. And I hate to charge it but I feel like it's getting to be a necessity. Or they could just hit an atm and pay cash
[Reply]
lewdog 01:12 PM 01-24-2016
I think that sends a bad message for those who like to use them, like myself, for the rewards. You could offer a 5% discount to those paying with something like cash though. I think it always looks better to offer a small discount for those paying in cash, then to add an extra fee for those not. You can easily make your bottom-line the same structuring it this way. It's just the terminology that's frustrating when you hear that someone charges you an extra fee to use a CC. If you offered a discount for cash, I could consider if the hassle of getting cash is worth my time or if I'll still just charge it. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:22 PM 01-24-2016
It's a shitty deal
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 PM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I think that sends a bad message for those who like to use them, like myself, for the rewards. You could offer a 5% discount to those paying with something like cash though. I think it always looks better to offer a small discount for those paying in cash, then to add an extra fee for those not. You can easily make your bottom-line the same structuring it this way. It's just the terminology that's frustrating when you hear that someone charges you an extra fee to use a CC. If you offered a discount for cash, I could consider if the hassle of getting cash is worth my time or if I'll still just charge it. :-)
I never carry cash. Seriously, I have like $3 dollars in my wallet because going to the nearest WF, underground parking, validation, waiting for an ATM, etc. is SUCH a gigantic hassle.

Plus, pretty much everyone takes a card, whether it's debit or credit.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:25 PM 01-24-2016
And shit when I put in an engine and it's 6 grand that is quite a bit of profit I'm losing and most normal people aren't carrying that kind of money around.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:50 PM 01-24-2016
I never carry cash. Seriously, I have like $3 dollars in my wallet because going to the nearest WF, underground parking, validation, waiting for an ATM, etc. is SUCH a gigantic hassle.

Plus, pretty much everyone takes a card, whether it's debit or credit.
I have exactly $1 in my wallet and it's been there for months. :-)

I don't carry debit either though. It does me no good because I don't get rewards and I don't like the risk of someone having direct access to withdrawing my money. With a CC I've had fraud charges before. I simply call up and say that's not mine. Within a week I have a new card, with a new number and I am out nothing.

We had over $600 of CC rewards this past year. That's tax free income as well. Winning.

And shit when I put in an engine and it's 6 grand that is quite a bit of profit I'm losing and most normal people aren't carrying that kind of money around.
So charge 5% more for your services. Those paying with CC pay that rate, which will cover your CC fees. Those paying in cash will get a 5% discount and feel like you're a great fucking dude and scoring a deal.

It's a win-win. Don't ever state the terminology about charging more for someone using a CC. I give those places less of my business, and I try to avoid them all together if I can even though I understand the reasoning. But since I have a choice to go to other places that don't charge that fee, I do it.
[Reply]
Coach 01:52 PM 01-24-2016
Do you take checks? Does that help or hurt you?
[Reply]
Page 36 of 145
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up