ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 79
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:02 PM 10-07-2018
Nope
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:09 PM 10-07-2018
The kid doesn't have "it."

"It" is only good enough if you can replicate it at the same level over a period of time.

Deshaun Watson demonstrated he had "it" against fucking chemistry major walk ons. His toughest competition was a team of whom half even get a chance on a 53-man NFL regular season roster. That's a pretty damn good percentage, but that means you're still only able to dominate at that level of competition and prove that you have "it".

If you're not good enough to do it in the pros, guess what happens to all that "it?"

Yep. That means you're worthless. Congratulations! You're mediocre!
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:12 PM 10-07-2018
All the teams picking 1-9 are kicking themselves in the ass for not drafting Mahomes.

He should have gone 1/1 in the draft
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:13 PM 10-07-2018
Mahomes > Andrew Luck
[Reply]
DRM08 09:18 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The kid doesn't have "it."

"It" is only good enough if you can replicate it at the same level over a period of time.

Deshaun Watson demonstrated he had "it" against ****ing chemistry major walk ons. His toughest competition was a team of whom half even get a chance on a 53-man NFL regular season roster. That's a pretty damn good percentage, but that means you're still only able to dominate at that level of competition and prove that you have "it".

If you're not good enough to do it in the pros, guess what happens to all that "it?"

Yep. That means you're worthless. Congratulations! You're mediocre!
Seems too early to make this kind of judgment. My biggest concern with Deshaun is the huge hits he is taking on the field. I think he has potential to be a very good QB, but he has to learn to protect himself out there.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:19 PM 10-07-2018
No but cutie would look good as a chief
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Seems too early to make this kind of judgment. My biggest concern with Deshaun is the huge hits he is taking on the field. I think he has potential to be a very good QB, but he has to learn to protect himself out there.
He can still be a good QB, but I want this narrative that he has "it" to fucking die.

"It" doesn't exist.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:21 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
All the teams picking 1-9 are kicking themselves in the ass for not drafting Mahomes.

Actually 1-10. Buffalo intentionally moved out of that 10 spot when they could have taken him. They got a worse version of Mahomes the next year. Similar arm strength in Josh Allen, but not as accurate and nowhere near the vision downfield.

And yes, Mahomes should have been the #1 pick. 10 teams deliberately chose to not draft a guy who had already shown repeatedly Aaron Rodgers level talent in his college tape and had ZERO baggage off the field.

But luckily for your KC Chiefs, these other teams were too stupid or arrogant to make that decision and now Mahomes is likely using this as motivation to drive him during his career for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
philfree 09:22 PM 10-07-2018
no
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 PM 10-07-2018
Picked off when driving for the game winning FG. On a desperation throw. He could have just played for OT.

Seems like ONE QB is a pick machine who makes hasty decisions and another is a smart QB prepared for reading NFL defenses.

Mahomes is the latter. The good one.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:25 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:

I was thinking about that today. The Jags could’ve taken Mahomes in the first over Fournette then either Kamara or Hunt in the second round.

They’d be legit contenders to go undefeated in that scenario.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:27 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Picked off when driving for the game winning FG. On a desperation throw. He could have just played for OT.

Seems like ONE QB is a pick machine who makes hasty decisions and another is a smart QB prepared for reading NFL defenses.

Mahomes is the latter. The good one.
About twice the arm strength helps. Deshaun panics a bit, probably because he knows he has to make a perfect throw or extremely quick read to pull it off.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:27 PM 10-07-2018
Mahomes and Kamara on the jags?

yep undefeated
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:29 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Mahomes and Kamara on the jags?

yep undefeated
And with all that young talent on defense, you’d have to assume they’d win multiple titles. They’d be the next dynasty.

Instead, they’ll end up just being another really good defense that never had the offense to win it all. Kind of like the Urlacher era Bears.
[Reply]
Coach 09:30 PM 10-07-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I haven't been around that long on CP, but I've seen people mention 'Deberg threads.' Between this and the dome one that he himself bumped earlier, I think I'm starting to understand the reference and its implications.
In other words, don't go full DeBerg.

It's for your own and everyone else's safety.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 79
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up