« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 03:13 PM 02-26-2024
Bout that time fellas. Post all things combine related
[Reply]
Monticore 10:02 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
They will after the Sneed trade...
We need depth as well I would keep all our pick we had so many rookie starts last few years we are going to lose a bunch of guys. NExt few years
[Reply]
RunKC 10:19 AM 03-04-2024
This is a really good article about why the 40 yard dash should not be the standard at the combine. It doesn’t tell the whole story..

Originally Posted by :
Last year, the receiver who ran the 35th-fastest 40-yard dash of his position group also registered the top speed during the gauntlet drill -- a drill in which players are asked to catch passes while running at full speed across the width of the football field.

The Los Angeles Rams decided a player's performance in a more football specific drill was more important than what he ran in the 40-yard dash and spent a fifth-round pick on him.

With 1,486 yards and 105 catches in his rookie season, Puka Nacua proved them right. The NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year ran a 4.57-second 40-yard dash but hit a top speed of 20.06 miles per hour over the first 40 yards of the gauntlet drill, according to Next Gen Stats. No other prospect registered a speed faster than 19.65.
Cooper Kupp and Kyle Hamilton also guys that ran poor 40 yard dash but had really good play speed via GPS. Kupp got a 20 mph on the gun and Hamilton got 21.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oming-obsolete
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-04-2024
The thing with LT is that it's just not likely a guy without holes is gonna fall. LT is one spot, similar to DE, that the league has figured out for the most part what to look for.

So you're just gonna have to keep cobbling things together best you can.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:23 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is a really good article about why the 40 yard dash should not be the standard at the combine. It doesn’t tell the whole story..

Cooper Kupp and Kyle Hamilton also guys that ran poor 40 yard dash but had really good play speed via GPS. Kupp got a 20 mph on the gun and Hamilton got 21.

This is a Keon Coleman post :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-04-2024
Keon Coleman does nothing for me. No thanks.
[Reply]
kepp 10:28 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Declare it in advance? That sucks.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:28 AM 03-04-2024
Troy Franklin too. Guys aren’t running go routes all game. He may be a build up speed guy but he still clocked 20 mph.

He should absolutely be in play here
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 03-04-2024
Guys that build up speed just aren't what Andy and company (right or wrong) look for in WR's.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Keon Coleman does nothing for me. No thanks.
All the more reason to draft him!
[Reply]
RunKC 10:37 AM 03-04-2024
Yup. They need to put this in the combine tracking results

Player tracking data unlocks the ability to move beyond the forty yard dash and better approximate game speed.

Puka Nacua reached the fastest speed of any wide receiver during last combine's gauntlet drill at 20.06 mph.#NFLCombine x @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/BRu8rjo4eA

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) March 2, 2024

[Reply]
kepp 10:42 AM 03-04-2024

I think Tesla acceleration, not Lamborghini top speed, is more valuable. Especially in our offense.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 AM 03-04-2024
Why is Bo Nix so far down on QB draft boards? Think he's better than JJ McCarthy. I know this because I've watched about 2 or 3 quarters all year of Michigan and Oregon football and I looked at his ESPN player card online. Expert at this I tell you.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 03-04-2024
Yup. They need to put this in the combine tracking results

And who was this year's fastest?

Keon fucking Coleman.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:50 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by kepp:
I think Tesla acceleration, not Lamborghini top speed, is more valuable. Especially in our offense.
I think that's the wrong way to look at things.

Instead, look at it as, "What thing does this player do that's SPECIAL, how special is it, and how can we utilize that special thing?"

I think that's how the Chiefs view things, rather than "we dont like this kind of guy or won't draft that kind of guy etc" .
[Reply]
BWillie 10:51 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And who was this year's fastest?

Keon fucking Coleman.
Yeah I like this gauntlet drill. I'd put those results way way way ahead of the 40 yard dash. It's a better predictor of football speed.

If Keon is the top of that, he would be towards the top of my list.

I want football players. As the great Kenny Powers said, I play real sports, not trying to be the best at working out.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up