ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 54
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:40 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So sick of reading this crap.

Do you think Jake the Snake Plummer was expected to carry on the playoff success of Elway's Broncos?

Then why the f*** does Mahomes have the same expectations of previous QBs? Who the hell cares what happened in 1995 or 2003 or even 2013?
This is 99 % of why people are scared because of those past games and the Chiefs overall playoff history.

It's different this year, we have the MVP and we are not scoring just fields goals or not scoring at all in the second half.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:21 PM 01-07-2019
Also this hasn’t been discussed. But James Harrison isn’t lining up and playing for the colts.

The franchise won’t have to face another game of getting owned in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Best22 01:30 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Also this hasn’t been discussed. But James Harrison isn’t lining up and playing for the colts.

When have the Colts ever needed James Harrison to beat the Chiefs? They’re 4-0 without him

That being said, the past is irrelevant
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:52 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:

This game doesn’t involve Harrison or anyone from the past at all, but I will say this:

2016 Steelers >>> 2018 Colts

2018 Chiefs >>> 2016 Chiefs

Chiefs lost by 2 and didn’t give up a TD. Not that it means anything for this week but I think it’s something to look at. Plus... Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:01 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This game doesn’t involve Harrison or anyone from the past at all, but I will say this:

2016 Steelers >>> 2018 Colts

2018 Chiefs >>> 2016 Chiefs

Chiefs lost by 2 and didn’t give up a TD. Not that it means anything for this week but I think it’s something to look at. Plus... Mahomes.
This game absolutely involves the past. This isn’t debateable.

Every single year but one under Andy this defense bottoms out and struggles. And in that one game (Steelers) we still couldn’t stop the run. Then we got run over again against the Titans.

The entire offseason Veach told us the focus would be stopping the run and playing tougher. It hasn’t happened at all.

This game comes down to the Colts OL vs our front 7. If the Colts run the ball at will like they did last weekend on the number 1 ranked rush defense, they will keep Mahomes on the sidelines. That’s been the plan opponents have had against us ever since the Ravens game.

We have to man up, limit their rush attack and put them in 3rd and long or we’ll lose.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:05 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Blake Bortles: 320 yards, 2 TD/0 INT

Derek Carr: 244 yards, 3 TD/0 INT

Deshaun Watson: 375 yards, 2 TD/1 INT

There is no reason Mahomes won't destroy this defense.
As long as we don't get our usual 2-3 concussions by the end of the first half, I agree.
[Reply]
deadman 02:08 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This game absolutely involves the past. This isn’t debateable.

Every single year but one under Andy this defense bottoms out and struggles. And in that one game (Steelers) we still couldn’t stop the run. Then we got run over again against the Titans.

The entire offseason Veach told us the focus would be stopping the run and playing tougher. It hasn’t happened at all.

This game comes down to the Colts OL vs our front 7. If the Colts run the ball at will like they did last weekend on the number 1 ranked rush defense, they will keep Mahomes on the sidelines. That’s been the plan opponents have had against us ever since the Ravens game.

We have to man up, limit their rush attack and put them in 3rd and long or we’ll lose.
I hate to sound like a troll here but that will be the Colts plan. Run, run, quick pass, run. 3rd down is the Colts specialty, ranked just slightly better than the Chiefs. The kryptonite for this Colts team has been tipped/dropped balls. If your d-line can get their hands up and DBs can be physical, that's the recipe for success.

Two hot teams playing playoff football. This is will be great.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
I hate to sound like a troll here but that will be the Colts plan. Run, run, quick pass, run. 3rd down is the Colts specialty, ranked just slightly better than the Chiefs. The kryptonite for this Colts team has been tipped/dropped balls. If your d-line can get their hands up and DBs can be physical, that's the recipe for success.

I think it will come down to which of the two outstanding late game qbs can be more perfect in the 4th quarter. I have a feeling this will be a 4th quarter fireworks show. The Colts may use the run early. But I'd bet that ball is in Luck's hands toward the end and he's been plenty good in that role. I'd predict the Chiefs get an early lead then have to rely on their defense to hang on for dear life, while expecting mahomes to be almost flawless in the end. It's going to be one hell of a show.
[Reply]
deadman 02:30 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That would be a bad, bad idea.

Not that there are really any good ideas against KC, but they don’t have the horses to play man coverage against them whatsoever. And that is why IND has played zone coverage 73% of the time this season.

They’ll keep playing zone and cross their fingers.
Agreed. Colts play very minimal man. Expect to see CB Kenny Moore blitzing from the Nickel with a two-deep zone and both A gaps being attacked by the d tackles.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:34 PM 01-07-2019
Agreed. Colts play very minimal man. Expect to see CB Kenny Moore blitzing from the Nickel with a two-deep zone and both A gaps being attacked by the d tackles.
Travis Kelce just grinned.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 01-07-2019
I’m sure your staff already knows this from film review, but I wouldn’t do this.

The Steelers tried doing this the entire game in week 2 and Mahomes read them like a book. He killed them when they blitzed.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:37 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
So sick of reading this crap.

Do you think Jake the Snake Plummer was expected to carry on the playoff success of Elway's Broncos?

Then why the f*** does Mahomes have the same expectations of previous QBs? Who the hell cares what happened in 1995 or 2003 or even 2013?
Ask the fans.... Ask CP??? Ask the National media folks....

Ask Fat Andy...
[Reply]
EyePod 02:38 PM 01-07-2019
So I'm not going to read through the whole thread, but Watson definitely moves around the pocket like Mahomes but dude CANNOT connect on the throws after. I've never been this optimistic going into a game before. I'm stoked.

This zone defense should give us tons of openings.
[Reply]
EyePod 02:40 PM 01-07-2019

Chris Jones is like 12 ft tall with his arms. I agree this should be a good team, but I still wasn't super impressed with how your D played against Watson. He read so many open WRs and just threw over/in front/behind a lot. Mahomes is way more accurate.
[Reply]
deadman 02:40 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Travis Kelce just grinned.
He should be smiling. The Colts have struggled against TEs. The Giants hurt us bad with the same thing. We were missing a starting ILB Anthony Walker which possibly had an impact.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 54
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up