ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>****OFFICIAL 2022 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread****
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 03-18-2022
Jets are gonna make a bit of a luxury pick here:

The Jets select Calvin Austin III, WR - Memphis

While Elijah Moore is a natural fit in the slot for them and when in the high 2nd last year, Corey Davis is still around and Jahan Dotson was selected by the Jets earlier in the draft, Calvin Austin III is just really goddamn fast.

And while he's only 5'9'' he played almost exclusively out wide at Memphis. He's extremely physical and he's tough as nails. His size presents a problem out wide only to the extent that his catch radius is smaller, but he can find space with his wheels and shouldn't have a problem getting a clean release due to the cushion his speed necessarily requires.

There are definitely defensible picks at positions of greater need for the Jets here, but there's nobody that presents the kind of massive big-play upside that Austin does. He's a threat to take it the distance on any given play and provides Wilson another weapon while also giving the Jets more confidence that if Wilson can't succeed, it's ultimately on him and not his weapons.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:50 PM 03-18-2022
NY Giants select Kerby Joseph, Safety, Illinois.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 PM 03-18-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
NY Giants select Kerby Joseph, Safety, Illinois.
Damn - figured he’d fall to my next pick. Really a fan of his.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:58 PM 03-18-2022
If I had known about Wentz before the draft started than my first round pick would have been Stingley. But since Washington fucked me and wasted my first round pick on the bench for a year…I’ll give them a CB here.

The Washington Commanders select Alontae Taylor, CB, Tennessee
[Reply]
BossChief 09:26 PM 03-18-2022
The Atlanta Falcons select James Cook, RB, Georgia
[Reply]
kccrow 09:57 PM 03-18-2022
After much cursing of the GM known as the "The Franchise..."

The Denver Broncos select Ewioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State

and then select Jalyn Armour-Davis, CB, Alabama

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 PM 03-18-2022
The Jets select Darrian Beavers, LB - Cincinnati

Phone posting or id babble more. Bottom line is he’s just a fascinating prospect. Was a DB in high school, moved to DE for a tick on college and then to LB.

And he kinda does all that stuff now. Can cover a bit, really a strong rusher especially for a LB and does a great job playing downhill against the run.

Would be a fascinating experiment at SAM in a 4-3 or as a sort of Buck linebacker in a 3-4 who can line up inside to blitz or in a 7 or 9 technique with his hand on the ground. You can do a LOT with this kid.

If I’m a smart DC I’d love to get my hands on this guy just to see what I can do with him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 PM 03-18-2022
And by the way, the Jets have absolutely slaughtered this draft.

Edit:
And in updating my board I see I almost pulled a Billay. I was down to him or Alonte Taylor who it appears Pest took and I flat overlooked.

Nice pick there. Would’ve been my preferred approach if the Chiefs went with CB with the comp 3rd.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 11:41 PM 03-18-2022
The Browns curse as the top ranks of their board was taken between picks 107 and 118. Time to roll the dice on a high risk high reward prospect with great measurables and good performance against lesser competition.

The Cleveland Browns select Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
The Browns curse as the top ranks of their board was taken between picks 107 and 118. Time to roll the dice on a high risk high reward prospect with great measurables and good performance against lesser competition.

The Cleveland Browns select Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
It was between Taylor and Williams for my pick. I’d like Williams if I was the Chiefs and could get him at the end of the 4th.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 01:02 PM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It was between Taylor and Williams for my pick. I’d like Williams if I was the Chiefs and could get him at the end of the 4th.
I'd have taken Taylor over Williams myself as Taylor has a higher floor (IMO). But I do really like Williams potential.

Williams is hard for me to nail down... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some team falls in love and takes him as high as the mid 2nd, but I can also see hesitancy and him falling to mid day 3. More so than any other CB barring the 1st rounders and maybe Woolen, I think Williams has the highest ceiling.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:44 PM 03-19-2022
The Indianapolis Colts select Braxton Jones, OT, Southern Utah
[Reply]
BossChief 02:47 PM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
The Miami Dolphins select Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson
That speed scared me off. 4.63 at his pro day after not running at the combine (foot injury) was a critical red flag. I almost took him this round, with the though he ran so slow because the foot isn’t healed yet.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:09 AM 03-19-2022
Baltimore native and recognizable football commentator Mel Kiper, Jr., comes out to the stage.

"So I'm going to talk about the 100 best prospects remaining on my board and how they fit in with the Ravens."

Three hours later, the four people remaining in the auditorium hear Mel say, "And this is why I'm going to announce that..."

The Baltimore Ravens select Tyler Badie, RB, Missouri.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:15 AM 03-19-2022
The New Orleans Saints select Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama
[Reply]
Page 36 of 59
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up