ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 324
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Monticore 08:44 AM 05-27-2023
I think we will be fine without him but it would give us some breathing room over the rest of the league during what could be Pats prime and could be one of our better defences in a while and the whining from the rest of the league would be glorious.
[Reply]
Basileus777 08:46 AM 05-27-2023
Hopkins as a one year stop gap before the young receivers are ready to carry the load would be amazing. We'll see if it's in the cards.
[Reply]
wazu 08:48 AM 05-27-2023
I have given this consideration and I don't want Hopkins. I really want to see what these young WRs can do, and spend that money elsewhere. If Hopkins signs it will dry up any wiggle room we have cap-wise, and he'll come in as the "alpha" rather than Moore and others being pushed to step up. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but just not my favorite option.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 08:50 AM 05-27-2023
Maybe somebody who is knowledgable about NFL contracts can help me out here so that I understand the Cardinals.

I understand why they are taking the total salary hit this year. They want to start off on a clean slate next year .this year they want to tank and the salary cap hit is irrelevant.

But I also understood that the reason nobody wanted to trade with them was twofold. First, nobody wanted to give up the second round draft pick they apparently wanted. Second, nobody wanted to have to inherit his contract.

Here is the part I don’t understand.

Given that they are willing to eat all of his contract presumably, they could’ve done that so the contract with no longer have been an obstacle in someone treating for him. Or is there some NFL rule limiting how much of the contract they could’ve absorbed.

Once Arizona had removed the contract obstacle surely they could’ve gotten some thing for him. And if it was part of their Tank strategy, they could’ve gotten something in next year’s draft. With Arizona absorbing most of his contract surely any other team would have given them at least a number three in next year‘s draft.

I don’t understand why it didn’t happen this way. Could someone please explain.

And please don’t just say it’s because the Arizona management is stupid. They were smart enough to completely fleece Houston in the draft and then to move back up to get the player they actually wanted.

I really hope somebody will offer a useful explanation.

Thanks
[Reply]
Monticore 08:52 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Maybe somebody who is knowledgable about NFL contracts can help me out here so that I understand the Cardinals.

I understand why they are taking the total salary hit this year. They want to start off on a clean slate next year .this year they want to tank and the salary cap hit is irrelevant.

But I also understood that the reason nobody wanted to trade with them was twofold. First, nobody wanted to give up the second round draft pick they apparently wanted. Second, nobody wanted to have to inherit his contract.

Here is the part I don’t understand.

Given that they are willing to eat all of his contract presumably, they could’ve done that so the contract with no longer have been an obstacle in someone treating for him. Or is there some NFL rule limiting how much of the contract they could’ve absorbed.

Once Arizona had removed the contract obstacle surely they could’ve gotten some thing for him. And if it was part of their Tank strategy, they could’ve gotten something in next year’s draft. With Arizona absorbing most of his contract surely any other team would have given them at least a number three in next year‘s draft.

I don’t understand why it didn’t happen this way. Could someone please explain.

And please don’t just say it’s because the Arizona management is stupid. They were smart enough to completely fleece Houston in the draft and then to move back up to get the player they actually wanted.

Thanks
They still save like 8 million this year doing this way , might be another reason . I think his total hit would have been close to 30 this year if they kept him .
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:59 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:

Thanks
Just because you tricked an equally stupid or more front office into a bad deal, doesn't make you smart.

They were smart enough to fleece Houston? The team that has made some of the most legendary poor decisions in managing their team?

The Cardinals front office is a bunch if butt fucking morons.

They extended their coach just to pay him to not be there. They extended a quarterback that blatantly did not put the work in with a ridiculous contract, and appear to be tanking for his replacement as well.

And NOW, Dhop is released outright, for nothing, and this perplexes you?

Stupid is as stupid does. No need to try to look deeper and try to find some deeper reason for this.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:02 AM 05-27-2023
Hes going to sign here..... Its so obvious. No one got the script yet?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:06 AM 05-27-2023
NFL wants to recreate the 2007 Patriots...... But this time they want it to be the Chiefs. Tearing teams apart with mad effiancy on one hand, and fucking breaking the game with a WR to QB combo.

Nagy back as OC.... Mahomes with three teir one skill position players (Toney/Kelce/Hopkins) add in THAT running back everyone missed on.

Oh yeah.... And defense also has tons of young pieces and has a chance at being special.

The NFL wrote this script in 2007 but Brady failed...Mahomes wont... Yes boys and girls.. Its time for a perfect season followed by a undefeated record and another Mahomes MVP season....

His stats will be so mountainous that they will be blantantly disregaurded talking about states in the future (Think Wilt C.)
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:07 AM 05-27-2023
Brady got Lombardis with no names
[Reply]
JPH83 09:08 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I have given this consideration and I don't want Hopkins. I really want to see what these young WRs can do, and spend that money elsewhere. If Hopkins signs it will dry up any wiggle room we have cap-wise, and he'll come in as the "alpha" rather than Moore and others being pushed to step up. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but just not my favorite option.
I think this is kinda where I'm at. Id take the flexibility and just see what we've got. I'd love Hopkins, don't get me wrong, but I could absolutely see a) diminishing returns from him from this point and b) him stifling opportunities for the young guns. Admittedly if Toney is broken and Moore and Rice don't look ready I might regret saying this. But I think we roll with what we've got...unless, I mean, he is SUPER cheap. Then f*** developing guys, count me in.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:21 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:

You don't want Hopkins because of Skyy Moore?

:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:28 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
So has Patrick.

Patriots also brought Randy Moss in to play with Brady for 3 seasons, so it’s not like he played his entire tenure in NE without a marquee WR.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:50 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Exactly what we just did. No need to pay that much.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:52 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
You don't want Hopkins because of Skyy Moore?

:-)
What is the point of spending high picks on players that don't play? Getting Hopkins sets back guys we drafted.
[Reply]
TEX 09:59 AM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think this is kinda where I'm at. Id take the flexibility and just see what we've got. I'd love Hopkins, don't get me wrong, but I could absolutely see a) diminishing returns from him from this point and b) him stifling opportunities for the young guns. Admittedly if Toney is broken and Moore and Rice don't look ready I might regret saying this. But I think we roll with what we've got...unless, I mean, he is SUPER cheap. Then f*** developing guys, count me in.
Im in on Hopkins even if he is not super cheap. Id love to sign him to an incentive deal where he can make good $$$ if he performs. I just dont want to give him an expensive guaranteed deal. Im confidemt Veach wont break the bank to sign him, so no worries there.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 324
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up