ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 351 of 384
« First < 251301341347348349350351 352353354355361 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:09 PM 08-10-2022
Hmm, wonder if that's Boulevard's first smoothie sour, they're getting out of their comfort zone lately, which is nice.

I had a key lime pie IPA a while back from New Glory in Sacramento called Mindshaker... and holy crap was it good. Not sure I've ever had a Left Hand sour, but might have to check it out!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The Key Lime Pie Nitro sounds real interesting.
Yeah I love their Nitro beers but I hadn't seen this before.

Originally Posted by scho63:
Left Hand Milk Nitro is one of my Top Ten beers.
All their stuff is usually really good.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hmm, wonder if that's Boulevard's first smoothie sour, they're getting out of their comfort zone lately, which is nice.

I had a key lime pie IPA a while back from New Glory in Sacramento called Mindshaker... and holy crap was it good. Not sure I've ever had a Left Hand sour, but might have to check it out!
No sure on the Boulevard although reviews don't really label it a true smoothie beer. That's all new to me so I probably won't know either. lol.

These were both in the seasonal section at Total Wine, near the bottom. I really like nitro offerings so this should be fantastic.

I need to find their other nitro selections such as their cherry chocolate stout. That just sounds fucking awesome.

https://lefthandbrewing.com/beers/black-forest-nitro
[Reply]
lewdog 02:58 PM 08-13-2022
Wow. This is really outstanding. It pours just like a beer, not one of those traditional smoothie beers that I've seen can be thicker. I am not a strawberry banana fan but this is really good.

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:44 PM 08-13-2022
Southern Tier has a dessert beer lineup and they nitro'd most of them in recent years... and I'm not as big of a fan.... and maybe it's a difference with those being relatively heavy stouts versus other styles, but I think the nitro versions lack a little of the flavor and heaviness.

I'll look for those though... even if the Blvd isn't a Drekker style smoothie pour, if nothing else I like a plain old sour.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:46 PM 08-13-2022
Well the Lime Nitro leaves me disappointed. Very faint lime taste on this one. Really faint flavors all around and can't really describe the taste. Not bad but nothing distinguishable. The nitro texture and lactose pouring into the glass was neat though.

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:56 PM 08-13-2022
Thanks for your thoughts on both, won't worry about the Left Hand.... always sucks when it doesn't deliver.

PPLD is always cool about grabbing one off a 4 or 6 pack, which has saved me some money a few times.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:03 PM 08-13-2022
Thanks for your thoughts on both, won't worry about the Left Hand.... always sucks when it doesn't deliver.

PPLD is always cool about grabbing one off a 4 or 6 pack, which has saved me some money a few times.
One way above expectations and one below. The boulevard one was really outstanding. I could drink that all day.

My buddy goes to Montana all summer and for taking care of his house he brings me back beer of my choice at this cost. I sent him over a list today of Montana beers I can't get down here that he's going to get for me. Always a fun time and well worth checking on his house for this!
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:15 PM 08-13-2022
PHX has to be the pastry sour distribution capital of the US.

I'm a bit fatigued on the style so maybe I'm noticing them more, but there are just so many and from out of market breweries that are known for other styles.

I'll see a drop from like Great Notion in Portland, get excited but see its like 4 different pastry sours. Weldwerks in CO will send us like 1 IPA and 6 different pastry sours.

Makes me wonder if there's that big of a market here for them or if they're sending stuff they can't move in their local markets.

If you're into the style though, PHX is where its at.

"We packed this tart ale with heaps blueberry puree, buckets of maple syrup, milk sugar, and a whole lot of whole bean coffee. Some days you want a balanced breakfast and some days you need this!"

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:17 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
PHX has to be the pastry sour distribution capital of the US.

I'm a bit fatigued on the style so maybe I'm noticing them more, but there are just so many and from out of market breweries that are known for other styles.

I'll see a drop from like Great Notion in Portland, get excited but see its like 4 different pastry sours. Weldwerks in CO will send us like 1 IPA and 6 different pastry sours.

Makes me wonder if there's that big of a market here for them or if they're sending stuff they can't move in their local markets.

If you're into the style though, PHX is where its at.

"We packed this tart ale with heaps blueberry puree, buckets of maple syrup, milk sugar, and a whole lot of whole bean coffee. Some days you want a balanced breakfast and some days you need this!"
Shit, you've seen Weldwerks?! :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:18 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
One way above expectations and one below. The boulevard one was really outstanding. I could drink that all day.

My buddy goes to Montana all summer and for taking care of his house he brings me back beer of my choice at this cost. I sent him over a list today of Montana beers I can't get down here that he's going to get for me. Always a fun time and well worth checking on his house for this!
Mountains Walking is one from Montana that's around Phoenix... they do the crazy thick sours, too.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:24 PM 08-13-2022
Shit, you've seen Weldwerks?! :-)
Weldwerks and Wiley Roots fruited sours sit around pretty regularly in the east valley.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:27 PM 08-13-2022
Damn, Craft Beer Quick Stop has several from Weldwerks... I tried a blueberry cobbler sour (IIRC) that was phenomenal when I was in Fort Collins months ago, and already knew they made great stouts and had a couple that were world class.

There was a craft beer bar (Tap & Handle) with a lot of really great beer and a bourbon bar with a huge bourbon list that were almost across the street from each other... I'd go broke if I lived close by.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:28 PM 08-13-2022
Mountains Walking is one from Montana that's around Phoenix... they do the crazy thick sours, too.
Oh yeah? Didn't know there. Where do you find their stuff?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:29 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Weldwerks and Wiley Roots fruited sours sit around pretty regularly in the east valley.
Don't think I've had Wiley Roots... I'd kind of love to move to Colorado though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:31 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Oh yeah? Didn't know there. Where do you find their stuff?
Craft Beer Quick Stop on the north side of town.

Are you both planning on going to the Cards/Chiefs? I'm still monitoring ticket prices... not a fan of paying $200+/ticket for a non-playoff game (and one so early in the season), but would like to see the place.
[Reply]
Page 351 of 384
« First < 251301341347348349350351 352353354355361 > Last »
Up