ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 91
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And now you see why we didn't spend a 1st on a CB.

We don't need to.

We have a top 5 defense and might just have our top 5 offense back...
Never expected us to. DeJean was the only one I thought might get some attention and I don't really see him as a pure CB anyway.

He's just a hybrid DB and it would be THAT ability that intrigued the Chiefs - not some idea that he's gonna go outside and replace Sneed by bodying dudes into the core of the earth.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:19 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Im not typically the type to be a dick and bring up past posts because mine are pretty self incriminating, but did any of this happen? Lol.

Also, has your opinion changed at all now that its actually happened?

I was talking to my friend that was a packer fan on speaker with the tv on and sound off.

We both thought our respective teams got something useful but not a home run.

A corner would have annoyed me more than Worthy.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:21 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is gonna sound silly - maybe it is.

But he doesn't look to play 'record setting' fast to me.

Don't get me wrong, he's !@#$ing fast. He plays like a fast player. But he plays like guys who are in the 4.3ish range to my eyes.

Watch Hill and he looks like he's at 1.5x speed and everyone else is at 1. Worthy looks like he's at 1, but just faster than those guys. I didn't expect that. I figured when you see 4.2 speed that this guy is DUSTING dudes and not just pulling a half a stride on them on a vert route.

So I do kinda wonder if the rumors that he cut a bunch of weight to speed up his 40 time have some legs to them. He plays a little more like a 4.3/165-170 lb player to my eyes.

Now what I do really like about him is his footwork. He does some of the footfires and such but they're all with purpose. And he does a real REAL nice job of using his upper body to sell routes and gain/lose momentum. I mean there's some real textbook arm action stuff he does on occasion to help him sluff off speed and make a sharp cut. And then he'll do the same sort of thing but use it as a deke.

He's pretty polished as a route runner. And it's not in those silly flashy ways that got people hot and bothered about Moore - it's in the real ways that actually help dudes get open. The subtle hip fakes to get a DB to turn just a little before you go the other way on him and find a little space and time.

I do kinda feel like the Flowers comps might be pretty legit. He may not have the pure physicality of Flowers (relative to their size, of course), but he doesn't shy away from contact.

I like him. He's a fun player. I'm not sure if he'll be the 'best' player to be taken from this block of guys but I think he'll be productive. I hope we have some plans to really use some 11 personnel and get nasty out there rather than just use him as a rotational piece designed to supplant Brown next season (i.e. the FAU model). I feel like he's polished enough and has that stand-out speed that we almost certainly can/will do so.
From my limited knowledge, it seems to me that since he worked out with Mahomes in Texas for 2 weeks, Mahomes got a read on the guy. No way Mahomes spent 2 weeks throwing balls to the guy that he didn't sign off on drafting Worthy. One thing I can see is benefiting us this year is the deep ball. Worthy is famous for tracking deep balls. Mahomes see the help coming over from one direction, he throws the ball away from that threat. Worthy can adjust and go get that ball. We havent had anyone that can do that since Hill.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:22 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I was talking to my friend that was a packer fan on speaker with the tv on and sound off.

I hear ya. Im alot higher on worthy than you, but i really liked Legette. Ultimately i dont think legette ends up as productive as worthy now though because he has been banished to the panthers.

I definitely wasnt as high on AD mitchell as you though.

Im hyped about this offense overhaul this offseason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rausch 09:23 AM 04-26-2024
Never expected us to. DeJean was the only one I thought might get some attention and I don't really see him as a pure CB anyway.

He's just a hybrid DB and it would be THAT ability that intrigued the Chiefs - not some idea that he's gonna go outside and replace Sneed by bodying dudes into the core of the earth.
People don't understand yet just how good the depth is at CB. I mean, really damned good. We need to come away with a LT or pass rusher in rounds 2 and 3. Not both, but at least one of them. Nail one of those two holes.

Of course, nailing both holes is always the goal but...
[Reply]
wazu 09:24 AM 04-26-2024

I mean, if the Chiefs take a corner that's the most sure-fire, no-need-to-second-guess pick in the entire NFL draft. You just stand and applaud.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:24 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
I hear ya. Im alot higher on worthy than you, but i really liked Legette. Ultimately i dont think legette ends up as productive as worthy now though because he has been banished to the panthers.

I definitely wasnt as high on AD mitchell as you though.

Im hyped about this offense overhaul this offseason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legette gives me some Leviska Shenault vibes. Fun to get him in space but watching him try to run routes… yuck.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:26 AM 04-26-2024
Legette gives me some Leviska Shenault vibes. Fun to get him in space but watching him try to run routes… yuck.
It's still possible we could draft everyone's favorite white kid allowing us to push Sky and Toney both out the door...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd still add another RB. Not a "bruising back" like some want, they need a guy that can separate and run away from people.

Is the RB from Tennessee good enough to take in the 2nd?
We kinda suck on 3rd and short. We definitely need a bruising back.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:28 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
No one is pressing KC next year. It's back to full zone coverage and safeties being 30 yards deep.
The guy who will benefit the most from this is Rashee Rice. The guy is going to destroy the middle of the field from 10-20 yards over and over and over again bc DB’s are forced to defend the deep pass
[Reply]
In58men 09:30 AM 04-26-2024
Can’t believe the Bills gave us Mahomes and Worthy.

I’m starting to like the Bills, they really helped us be successful lol
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:31 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The 'back isn't the reason we suck on 3rd and short. And won't be the reason we improve.

We struggled with the blocking on short yardage running plays. And that's unlikely to change. We just don't have maulers in Creed or Thuney on the interior. And frankly the OTs aren't great at preventing guys from knifing inside on them either.

Short yardage running is an OL issue on this team.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The best rb is the one that avoids contact and makes guys miss.

Not the one who "seeks out contact and runs over people"
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:33 AM 04-26-2024
This is gonna sound silly - maybe it is.

But he doesn't look to play 'record setting' fast to me.

Don't get me wrong, he's !@#$ing fast. He plays like a fast player. But he plays like guys who are in the 4.3ish range to my eyes.

Watch Hill and he looks like he's at 1.5x speed and everyone else is at 1. Worthy looks like he's at 1, but just faster than those guys. I didn't expect that. I figured when you see 4.2 speed that this guy is DUSTING dudes and not just pulling a half a stride on them on a vert route.

So I do kinda wonder if the rumors that he cut a bunch of weight to speed up his 40 time have some legs to them. He plays a little more like a 4.3/165-170 lb player to my eyes.
That's probably accurate. He probably plays more at a high 4.2's, low 4.3's.

The Tyreek comparisons are just unfair though. There's NO ONE like Tyreek. I think what you're seeing, regarding the difference between Tyreek and someone like Worthy, is much more about Tyreek.

IMO, what you may be seeing is Tyreek's ability to not lose speed when the pads come on and the game wears late. Tyreek is 4.2 all the fucking time, every snap.

With guys like Worthy or Waddle etc....i think it's fair to assume that as the pads go on and the physicality of the game wears them down from getting roughed up while running go routes all game, that the speed diminishes.

That's not an indictment on them, but a reminder of the super genetic freak that is Tyreek Hill.

We should be viewing Worthy like a DeSean Jackson or Jaylen Waddle. He's just not built like Tyreek. No one is, really.

Also, i do think there are some plays in there that really exhibit his "stupid" speed. That play against Wyoming where he took a 1 yard checkdown and housed it.....ooooof. He just broke those poor kids angles. Just blew some good angles wide open. I thought that was a great exhibit of his speed in action.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:34 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
jesus christ :-)

Good lord. Looks like Wasp and Corn Dog are on the menu for all games in any situation, now.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 91
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up