ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 45
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:29 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I went the "root for the team my family hates" route, heh... my dad's side of the family is originally from St Louis, so several MU grads, Cards fans. Started rooting for KU back in the Danny Manning days and my dad actually flipped to being a KU fan because of me. :-)
I would have been kicked out of my home if I ever rooted for KU . . . . . . .

Survival instincts kicked in.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:31 AM 12-12-2022
The truth is the reason I never flipped was because KU used to choke in the tourney a lot and I was like “Well that doesn’t look much better.” So I stuck with MU. Of course you guys had to go on and win a couple National Championships and screw it up.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:32 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
It's my lot in life. Grandfather taught there. Dad went there. I was born into it.

Not my fault.
You poor bastard. I guess I consider myself fortunate my dad only cared about the Chiefs and nothing else.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:16 AM 12-12-2022
Tell you what: I'll stay out of this thread after today if you Beaker trash stay out of the Mizzou football thread.

Deal?
As a KU fan, I have never felt the need to go into the MU thread. Well, other than the occasional point and laugh. But not to post.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:20 AM 12-12-2022
Well, Leipold was your coach last year too, no?

I wouldn't call losing 6 of your last 7, mostly by double digits, trending up, but if you do then by all means . . . . . .

Don't let little ol me spoil things for you.
This just shows how dumb your arguments are. Liepold was signed late last year. He didn't even have a chance to recruit. And take into account what a dumpster fire Beatty and previous coaches left and you get a good idea of how this year has been amazing, bordering on a miracle. Other KU fans have pointed out to you how losing our starting QB has been the main cause of a lot of those losses. Hell, they had a chance at the end to beat TCU. But you choose to ignore those factors like a typical dumb ass hater.
Most KU fans didn't expect KU to be this good this fast because we knew what state the program was in when Liepold was hired. He is ahead of schedule.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:21 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A lot of the "WSU" fans here in Wichita from when Gregggggg had that lucky stretch where unranked guys turned out to be drastically under recruited have already pivoted back to KU pretending they never left.
Bwahahaha.....pitiful.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:23 AM 12-12-2022
Well, Leipold was your coach last year too, no?

I wouldn't call losing 6 of your last 7, mostly by double digits, trending up, but if you do then by all means . . . . . .

Don't let little ol me spoil things for you.
:-)

I can't tell if you really don't get it, or you just don't have the balls to admit it. Either way, it's sad.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:28 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A lot of the "WSU" fans here in Wichita from when Gregggggg had that lucky stretch where unranked guys turned out to be drastically under recruited have already pivoted back to KU pretending they never left.
Although it turns out he's a psycho, Marshall was a damn good coach. Self is a good coach but it's not like he's making chicken salad out of chicken shit.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:35 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

I can't tell if you really don't get it, or you just don't have the balls to admit it. Either way, it's sad.
Have you heard, the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.

Wasn't sure if you had heard the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits, so just wanted to tell you the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits in case no one had mentioned in this thread that the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.

Just don't bring up the minor point about losing their starting QB for several games as that's just an excuse for why the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits. Just stick to the facts, the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:01 PM 12-12-2022
Have you heard, the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.

Wasn't sure if you had heard the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits, so just wanted to tell you the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits in case no one had mentioned in this thread that the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.

Just don't bring up the minor point about losing their starting QB for several games as that's just an excuse for why the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits. Just stick to the facts, the Jayhawks lost 6 our of 7 and some of those games they lost by double digits.
Injuries are not excuses, there something every team deals with. Be better.

But thanks for driving the point home, Bearcat. Much obliged.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:03 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Sad like losing 6 of your last 7 sad?
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:18 PM 12-12-2022
Injuries are not excuses, there something every team deals with. Be better.

But thanks for driving the point home, Bearcat. Much obliged.
Seems like a miserable experience as a fan if you really have those expectations, especially for any team that goes several years between anything resembling success, such as both KU and MU football.

Guess I should have shouted at clouds for two months, demanding a backup QB to "just be better" and thrown shit at the TV, instead of saying "shit, well it was fun while it lasted" and found other things to do on Saturdays.

I obviously have a lot to learn, but will try to be more miserable next season.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:20 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
KU drops two spots from #6 to #8 in the AP Poll after winning by 28 at Mizzou. :-)

Why do we play these losers again?
Seems like a miserable experience as a fan if you really have those expectations, especially for any team that goes several years between anything resembling success, such as both KU and MU football.

Guess I should have shouted at clouds for two months, demanding a backup QB to "just be better" and thrown shit at the TV, instead of saying "shit, well it was fun while it lasted" and found other things to do on Saturdays.

I obviously have a lot to learn, but will try to be more miserable next season.
Talk about miserable. Would have been better off playing Hays State
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:30 PM 12-12-2022
Sad like losing 6 of your last 7 sad?
Bardnt doesn’t care about Kansas, dammit!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:49 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Bardnt doesn’t care about Kansas, dammit!
He cares so little that he has the 3rd most posts in this thread!
[Reply]
Page 35 of 45
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up