ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 125
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
dtrain 11:48 AM 08-08-2022
I've watched the videos multiple times and not sure where people are worried about vision and breaking tackles. Some of the cuts he made 1-2 yards in the backfield because the line was being pushed back and finds an opening. Don't get it nope don't get. With the Chiefs line in front of him lookout. Just give him the damn ball Andy! Please :-)
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 08-08-2022
Taylor is great. Sure, wish he was a Chief.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:49 AM 08-08-2022
It's odd to see a guy who is that fast but has no smoothness to his strides, even in the open field. Not that it matters. Whatever works for him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
When in the Patrick Mahomes era have they not had a capable RB?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:51 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't even care about "elite RB". I don't think there's a huge value difference in a good one and an elite one, especially in this offense.

It's just so easy to find them year in year out, I'd prefer to take risks and chances on DE's or CB's or whatever early in the draft.
Well, you're wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:52 AM 08-08-2022
If you had a DE and a RB with the same rating, I agree with taking the pass-rusher.

That said, Jonathan Taylor running against light boxes would be unfair.

:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:54 AM 08-08-2022
When in the Patrick Mahomes era have they not had a capable RB?
Define capable.

There's a reason we're hyping a 7th round draft pick. This team has been RBBC since Kareem left.

We spent all last season bitching about the yardage our RB's left on the field.

You're simply overstating your position. Yes, backs can be found all over the draft. That doesn't mean an excellent back wouldn't add to this offense.

Throwing guys at the wall and just going, "The scheme and Mahomes will take care of it" simply taking what we have for granted.

Reminds me of the WR conversations. Sure, Mahomes can make average receivers look good. But great receivers will make Mahomes look a lot better too.

We don't need to keep adding to their plate by putting average players around Mahomes and Reid and then just expecting them to make up for it.
[Reply]
O.city 11:54 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Well, you're wrong.
Whats the difference in value?
[Reply]
O.city 11:58 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Define capable.

There's a reason we're hyping a 7th round draft pick. This team has been RBBC since Kareem left.

We spent all last season bitching about the yardage our RB's left on the field.

You're simply overstating your position. Yes, backs can be found all over the draft. That doesn't mean an excellent back wouldn't add to this offense.

Throwing guys at the wall and just going, "The scheme and Mahomes will take care of it" simply taking what we have for granted.

Reminds me of the WR conversations. Sure, Mahomes can make average receivers look good. But great receivers will make Mahomes look a lot better too.

We don't need to keep adding to their plate by putting average players around Mahomes and Reid and then just expecting them to make up for it.
You wanna get the biggest contract? Thems the breaks.

At some point, yeah, you've gotta elevate guys around you. I can't go spending first round picks on RB's because that takes away a DE or CB I could have theoretically had in the first round.

It's a shell game. There are only so many picks and dollars to go around. At some point, I've gotta go cheap somewhere. Running back is the easiest place to do it, because it's the easiest spot to fill.

We've spent alot of money and resources on the OL. Spent alot at TE. Could say we've put numbers at WR this year.

At what point is enough enough?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:58 AM 08-08-2022
O City is making two arguments, and they need to be debated separately.

1. There is no point in drafting a RB in the first round, as good RBs are consistently available later.

2. There is no value in trying to find an elite RB in this offense.

the first point is totally open for debate. The second is silly.
[Reply]
O.city 12:00 PM 08-08-2022
I have no problem saying an elite RB would add to the offense. Absolutely, duh elite players are elite and great to have.

Don't go looking for an elite RB early in the draft is my original position. You can find good ones that can play really well in teh mid late rounds. All the time, every year.

You can't say the same about DE's DT's. So look for those early.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:02 PM 08-08-2022
KC doesn't even need a great RB, they just need a RB defenses won't laugh at and disregard completely.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:05 PM 08-08-2022
Whats the difference in value?
1. When you only need ten yards for a first down, the difference of a yard per carry fucking matters a ton.

2. Running backs don't just run the ball. They also catch the ball, something our last three elite RBs did astonishingly better than the adequate-to-good RBs we've had since. The Kareem Hunt wheel route was deadly. The Jamaal Charles screen was unstoppable. Priest Holmes was in scoring position from 19 yards out.

3. The ability to turn a negative play into a positive play and not get behind schedule.

4. The ability to turn a moderate gain into a long touchdown.

5. The above four things making a defense respect the run therefore opening up passing lanes.

6. pass blocking.

The idea that there is a massive difference between RBs and WRs is erroneous. RBs are as consistent as a position group as WRs are. And when you bring up SPECIFICALLY IN THIS OFFENSE, all of these become 10x more true, because you have the QB. If you have Marcus Mariota... then I don't give a shit who your RB is. When you have Drew Brees, having Alvin Kamara makes a fucking massive difference.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:09 PM 08-08-2022
I have no problem saying an elite RB would add to the offense. Absolutely, duh elite players are elite and great to have.

Don't go looking for an elite RB early in the draft is my original position. You can find good ones that can play really well in teh mid late rounds. All the time, every year.

You can't say the same about DE's DT's. So look for those early.
You CAN, however, say the same thing about WRs and yet no one balks at taking that top ten.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
1. When you only need ten yards for a first down, the difference of a yard per carry ****ing matters a ton.

2. Running backs don't just run the ball. They also catch the ball, something our last three elite RBs did astonishingly better than the adequate-to-good RBs we've had since. The Kareem Hunt wheel route was deadly. The Jamaal Charles screen was unstoppable. Priest Holmes was in scoring position from 19 yards out.

3. The ability to turn a negative play into a positive play and not get behind schedule.

4. The ability to turn a moderate gain into a long touchdown.

5. The above four things making a defense respect the run therefore opening up passing lanes.

6. pass blocking.

The idea that there is a massive difference between RBs and WRs is erroneous. RBs are as consistent as a position group as WRs are. And when you bring up SPECIFICALLY IN THIS OFFENSE, all of these become 10x more true, because you have the QB. If you have Marcus Mariota... then I don't give a shit who your RB is. When you have Drew Brees, having Alvin Kamara makes a ****ing massive difference.
Elijah Mitchell averaged almost 5 yards per carry. Is he elite?

Kareem Hunt was a really good RB here. Elite is strong, but Jamall sure. It just didn't equate to wins. The RB position has been shown to be reliant on the OL so much more than vice versa, so I don't really care to much about the "Long run positive play" stuff, we have an ELite OL.

You're completely backwards. If running the ball is easier when you have a great QB, you don't need a great RB. When you have Tannehill, having Henry matters.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 125
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up