« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Monticore 12:19 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I watched lots of highlights. His route running is demonstrably better than Hardman's has ever been.
Based on the films I watched he also seems track/adjust to the ball better and makes some tough catches , Hardman highlights include sweeps or wide open catches that still look like he’s fighting the ball.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:20 PM 05-03-2022
Is it weird that this pick seems a lot better with the addition of Justyn Ross as an undrafted rookie free agent? I just like having huge upside paired with immediate production. You know you're getting SOMETHING out of your WR additions, and you might get a hell of a lot more than you paid for.
[Reply]
-King- 01:03 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mecole ain’t doing this guys. It’s too easy for Skyy

Yeah those are some nice releases. I'm guessing he starts in the slot and hopefully by the end of the season he can work his way outside.

Maybe reid sees this and finally incorporates some damn slant routes in his offense
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:05 PM 05-03-2022
Skyy wins in the first 5 yards.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:47 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mecole ain’t doing this guys. It’s too easy for Skyy

You can watch this and practically SEE Mahomes getting the ball to him in a way that his QB in college is absolutely not.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:15 PM 05-03-2022
The Chiefs waived receiver Chris Finke on Tuesday. He signed a futures deal with the team in January after spending some time with the team last summer.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:49 PM 05-03-2022
Motherfinker
[Reply]
O.city 07:45 AM 05-04-2022
Be interested to see how Skyy does against press coverage.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:57 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Be interested to see how Skyy does against press coverage.
Pre-draft writeups said he could beat press off the line. I never really understood the CP dislike towards the kid. I get the fact that he's on the short side, but other than that he checks off the boxes.

WIth regard to press coverage, PFF (grain of salt) said: "College football doesn’t use nearly as much press coverage as the NFL, so it can be difficult to look at how players performed against it. But Moore actually saw a reasonable volume of press coverage. He had a top-five PFF receiving grade in this draft class against press coverage in 2021, generating over 3.5 yards per route run on those plays. Generally, receivers that play the X-position have height and length on their side, but that’s because those are tools that typically help defeat press coverage. Quickness, footwork and expertise in releases off the line of scrimmage also help defeat it, and Moore has all of those in abundance. "
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:16 AM 05-04-2022
Maybe Skyy Moore is too close to Sly Morris. Beat down those old fears, because Mahomes!

(don't pick #84)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:35 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Maybe Skyy Moore is too close to Sly Morris. Beat down those old fears, because Mahomes!

(don't pick #84)
Sly was a stud out of the gate.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:50 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Pre-draft writeups said he could beat press off the line. I never really understood the CP dislike towards the kid. I get the fact that he's on the short side, but other than that he checks off the boxes.

WIth regard to press coverage, PFF (grain of salt) said: "College football doesn’t use nearly as much press coverage as the NFL, so it can be difficult to look at how players performed against it. But Moore actually saw a reasonable volume of press coverage. He had a top-five PFF receiving grade in this draft class against press coverage in 2021, generating over 3.5 yards per route run on those plays. Generally, receivers that play the X-position have height and length on their side, but that’s because those are tools that typically help defeat press coverage. Quickness, footwork and expertise in releases off the line of scrimmage also help defeat it, and Moore has all of those in abundance. "
Andy also made a comment about this.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Sly was a stud out of the gate.
I wonder if Morris had come around like 5-10 years later what he could have been.

I can't remember the injury he had, but the dude just wasn't the same at all after his recovery. I know guys DID recover from all kinds of horrific injuries in the late 90s, but it wasn't nearly as systematic and ordinary as it is now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:16 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I wonder if Morris had come around like 5-10 years later what he could have been.

I can't remember the injury he had, but the dude just wasn't the same at all after his recovery. I know guys DID recover from all kinds of horrific injuries in the late 90s, but it wasn't nearly as systematic and ordinary as it is now.
Seems like he was just destined to be a broke dick.

"Morris' career in Kansas City lasted for a single season. He caught 48 passes for 678 receiving yards and three touchdowns in 15 games.

His playing career ended after he tore his right ACL on the last day of Organized Team Activities before his second season. After two years of rehab, Morris tore the labrum in his hip. He then went to a camp with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but he suffered an injury to his left leg in OTAs before deciding to retire.

Morris is still decked out in all Chiefs gear on his social media pages. He attends alumni week every season and still spends time with the former teammates who were drafted the same year as him like Dante Hall.

His Super Bowl viewing experience was a bit different than Anderson's, as he cheered and watched his former team rally to a 31-20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LIV.

"Man, that was awesome," Morris said. "I lost my voice yelling that night."

Morris now does a lot of on-set design work for movies and TV productions. He also coaches at Lusher Charter in New Orleans"
[Reply]
nychief 12:17 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

knee.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 280
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up