ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 71
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:16 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
thing is, the part of he and Hitchen's tweets that I found disturbing was the whole, we won a SB, and went to three straight AFC championships, blah, blah, blah and I've got more money than you'll ever have, blah, blah.

That tells me that what I have felt like I've been seeing is exactly, in fact, what I've been seeing. Entitled, spoiled, rich, and loafing.

Wasn't one of the reasons for keeping Hitchens supposed to be his veteran leadership?

I still want Veach on the phone looking for guys that can play defense before the deadline. Sit and bench any player that doesn't want to go all out.
[Reply]
-King- 01:20 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
yippp.

Tyrann needs to stay off Twitter and go take his frustrations out on the opposing teams.

That said, the Chiefs fanbase IS becoming toxic.
What fanbase doesn't have a "toxic" subsection?

The thing is, a lot of what Mathieu seems to reply to isn't even shit he's @'d in which means he specifically searches his name on Twitter to look for negative toxic shit.

Guess what happens when you actively look for negative toxic shit?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:22 PM 10-30-2021
We went from two Superbowls in a row to the worst Defense in history. NO ONE saw that coming, not the fans and not the players.

Everyone is FRUSTRATED. People on social media are the worst people, if I was a player I would avoid it like the plague.

Im sure reading asshole comments from fans hurts and gets under your skin. SO DONT. Thats the only solution.

Tyrann brought an attitude to this Defense that we were sorely missing. He plays with that attitude and we all love it. Im not going to hold his comments against him, he has apologized and thats enough for me.

We need OUR boys to pull together and save this season. I have nothing against Hitchens he just hasnt played very well since joining the team. Im sure he wants to but its time to let Bolton loose. Hitch is clearly smart and can still contribute to the team.

Frank seems focused and isnt making excuses about his play so far. Jones is going to break out this game now that he is healthy. Reed seems to be settling in a bit too.

Its been a rough start to the season but it isnt over yet. This team is capable of amazing things weve been down before and responded.

Lets forget the bullshit, pull together and get to the playoffs!

GO CHIEFS!! WE STILL BELIEVE!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:24 PM 10-30-2021
The thing is...You've got to remember...these are kids. KIDS. They're in their 20's, and find themselves rich and famous.

And most of them have been coddled since they were early teenagers because they could play football.

They have no actual real life experience; their lives have been very different from regular folks.

I know I would've been an insufferable asshole if I'd made the cover of Rolling Stone and had millions in my 20's.

It's disappointing, but inevitable, really that with ultimate success would come ultimate complacency.

Belichick was really smart all those years to not ever pay market value for 'stars' and just churn the roster every year. Nobody but Brady was untouchable, and nobody had a chance to get complacent.

We're going to need to do the same going forward.
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 10-30-2021
The thing is...You've got to remember...these are kids. KIDS. They're in their 20's, and find themselves rich and famous.

And most of them have been coddled since they were early teenagers because they could play football.

They have no actual real life experience; their lives have been very different from regular folks.

I know I would've been an insufferable asshole if I'd made the cover of Rolling Stone and had millions in my 20's.

It's disappointing, but inevitable, really that with ultimate success would come ultimate complacency.

Belichick was really smart all those years to not ever pay market value for 'stars' and just churn the roster every year. Nobody but Brady was untouchable, and nobody had a chance to get complacent.

Here’s the thing

What the pats did will never happen again. Bill fell ass over tea kettle into the Goat and shit just worked out. Without him, he’s a below average evaluator and not winning.

We need to stop expecting the chiefs to do what they do. They won’t. No one will.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:29 PM 10-30-2021

I've made fun of Buffalo before as a contender but you have to give credit to their front office for doing something right.

They don't really have many stars. They overpay tons of grinders and those guys treat every regular season game like its their last.

KC might have more talent to rise in a single game playoff elimination but Buffalo's approach certainly has its merits during the regular season.

We don't have to go all the way to that model but I would like us to start loading up on cheap, hungry players that want to run through a wall.

Our top heavy approach has made us very vulnerable to a few stars coasting, hurt, complacent at the wrong time.
[Reply]
TLO 01:30 PM 10-30-2021
We need Simply Red to DM him on Facebook to get this cleared up.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:31 PM 10-30-2021

That's a lame excuse, and enables entitlement. If I knew I fucked up on social media that age like someone who's an alcoholic you stay away from it and not have social media accounts in general.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:32 PM 10-30-2021
HB sounds like every addict I’ve ever known that apologizes for beating up his wife or doing some other dumb shit while he’s loaded but still has absolutely no intention of not getting loaded again as soon as the heat is off.

“Shit, baby, I know I hurt you, but that wasn’t really me. It was just that I had a few too many losing games last night. You know I love you. I mean, look at the flowers I brought you the last three years.”
[Reply]
BossChief 01:33 PM 10-30-2021
The whole defense going from above average to terrible falls on the lap of its leaders.

Good leadership lifts everyone to play better than they usually can. Bad leadership brings the level of everyone down.

If we’re being honest, the “toxic” part is likely coming from Tyrann himself in the locker room and it stems from not “getting what he wants” in terms of a contract and his actions follow that. He didn’t participate in voluntary offseason work (like LEADERS always do), has failed on the field (has lowest PFF rating of career) and has been exposed since Tom Brady punked him in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:33 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A grown man using the word "toxic" unironically is worse than shitting over an entire fanbase.
Thank you.
[Reply]
TLO 01:36 PM 10-30-2021
Can't wait to watch him throw his hands up in disgust after Mike Jones and a no name group of receivers puts up 400 yards passing on this defense.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:39 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Can't wait to watch him throw his hands up in disgust after Mike Jones and a no name group of receivers puts up 400 yards passing on this defense.
Who?
[Reply]
TLO 01:40 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Who?
Mike Jones!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:40 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Here’s the thing

What the pats did will never happen again. Bill fell ass over tea kettle into the Goat and shit just worked out. Without him, he’s a below average evaluator and not winning.

We need to stop expecting the chiefs to do what they do. They won’t. No one will.
Well, they've got the same record we do, with a rookie QB.

And they're getting better. And their rookie QB is getting better.

No argument that the fact that a 6th round pick became the GOAT and that is a huge reason they won all those rings. But year after year, he let Seymours and Wilforks and whatnot go when they got expensive, and he replaced them with either draft picks or over-the-hill vets like Seau and Harrison, hungry for a ring on the cheap that could still play a role. He didn't keep guys around long enough to get too well paid and too complacent.

I'm not arguing that he's the best drafter. But he's probably the best head coach in history at accountability on the field and within the organization and being flexible in his schemes on both sides of the ball to take advantage of the talent on hand.

I'm not saying we need to mirror anybody, but there are lessons there as to long term organizational success.

We have 3 players that are unique and talented enough to be untouchable; Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce.

Jones would be if he were consistently motivated. But he's not, and that's just the way it is.

Everyone else can walk when they get too expensive or complacent, and we churn on.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 71
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up