ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 73
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
penguinz 08:54 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:
That is because Dan Snyder (along with the Davis family, too, surprise surprise) is a member of a privileged tribe that also happens to control the media itself.
You are exactly what is wrong with society today.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:56 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
There are no reports of any of these emails being sent when Gruden was an employee of the Raiders, the reports I have read specifically say "before he was hired by the Raiders." It is in fact possible for him to send an email dated 2018 before he was hired. Theres a reason why the league was handcuffed and needed the Raiders to get rid of him.
Originally Posted by :
In the additional emails covering a nearly seven-year period and ending in 2018, Gruden described NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in homophobic and derogatory terms and criticized the league for the way it handled player protests during the national anthem.
So you really think the emails stopped Jan 7th 2018? Maybe I guess.

Originally Posted by :
On Jan. 8, 2018, Gruden signed a 10-year, $100 million contract to return to the helm in Oakland. That's the richest contract for a head coach in NFL history, though Gruden is third in the NFL in AAV behind Patriots HC Bill Belichick ($12.5 million) and Seattle's Pete Carroll ($11 million).

[Reply]
jd1020 08:57 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So you really think the emails stopped Jan 7th 2018? Maybe I guess.
I have no reason to believe thats not the case. Why else would the NFL need to blackmail the Raiders to fire someone for them?

Maybe Gruden, like the rest of us, understands you dont send these emails through your work email.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 10-12-2021
I have no reason to believe thats not the case. Why else would the NFL need to blackmail the Raiders to fire someone for them?
There is no actual evidence this is what happened, you know that right?

The truth is the NFL didn't want to have to get involved, its way easier to let the team do it because if the NFL sets precedent here then it gets way more complicated long term.
[Reply]
notorious 10-12-2021, 09:00 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
jd1020 09:02 AM 10-12-2021
The truth is the NFL didn't want to have to get involved, its way easier to let the team do it because if the NFL sets precedent here then it gets way more complicated long term.
What? If the NFL fires someone for what any employer would fire an employee over makes things complicated? Interesting.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:06 AM 10-12-2021
What? If the NFL fires someone for what any employer would fire an employee over makes things complicated? Interesting.
Help me out here, what authority does the NFL have over coaches? They don't work for the NFL they work for the team. They aren't part of the NFPA so they aren't collectively bargained etc...

I think the idea the NFL can fire a coach is completely wrong, the team has to do it.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:07 AM 10-12-2021
Help me out here, what authority does the NFL have over coaches? They don't work for the NFL they work for the team. They aren't part of the NFPA so they aren't collectively bargained etc...

I think the idea the NFL can fire a coach is completely wrong, the team has to do it.
They can absolutely suspend whoever the fuck they want. Under certain circumstances they can even force an owner to sell his/her team.

They have already handed out 2 indefinite suspensions to coaches.

You need to rethink your thought.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:10 AM 10-12-2021
Ughhhh now the Raiders might become competent again :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 09:34 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Ughhhh now the Raiders might become competent again :-)
Just remember that Mark Davis and mayock still run things.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
As the creator of one of the most popular threads on here ranking and objectifying women, I'd say my non- PC credentials are solid. But this is a internet forum.

He's an idiot putting that shit in an email. Never in a million years would I think to send something like that through work email.

Ordering people under you to pose topless, write something racist or homophobic in an email. That's definitely a fireable offense for being so stupid.
Guys! Guys! Were you aware that I created the girly thread!?! LOOK AT ME!!!!
[Reply]
NEOM 10:01 AM 10-12-2021
Jeezz…prepare yourselves for day long discussions about white people running things and being racists.
[Reply]
jettio 10:06 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Mayock may prove to be a better GM without Gruden around insisting on drafting Gruden Grinder types.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:13 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Mayock will likely be much better without Gruden around.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:14 AM 10-12-2021
So much for privacy and the first amendment! Someone had it out for him to go digging thru emails a decade ago. It’s a beautiful world we live in! For you, for you, for you…….not me-Devolution is real! I think Tom Cable should be the HC. He should have never been replaced
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:18 AM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You are exactly what is wrong with society today.
You don't think it's just a little strange that with all that's breaking on this story, Snyder is the back of the story? There's an owner privilege thing at play here where they operate above the rules after decades of bragging about "the shield" . Like when Jim irsay and Snyder slide under the radar while everyone underneath them gets thrown under a bus.

But it sure seems like the nfl is trying to sweep something under the rug here, doesn't it? I mean, after suspending players over tiny offenses, Snyder and Watson go completely untouched. Almost as if there's fear that acknowledging the problem will open up pandoras box.

Until Snyder gets implicated, there's something that feels really fishy in all of this.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 73
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up