ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 79
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 12:12 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If they get Peters, it will be as insurance/swingtackle/super sub.

He MIGHT be a replacement for Remmers, but not for Fisher.
1-year $1.3 million and a carton of smokes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:13 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
There are examples in their header image. Some are possibly lucky guesses, others are calls.

I'm not saying they are Rap or Schefter, but it's a worthwhile follow (look at who follows them and then number of followers).
Some of those that they called were obvious shit that was going to happen.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:14 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He was fringe top 10 but our record with him vs without him speaks for itself. Were still 4 mil over the cap hard to see us upgrading unless it's in the draft.

We arent getting Williams.
They are already talking to Tyrann and are going to extend him in the coming weeks. Bank on that. That will clear 10-12m or more on this years cap.

Mahomes has a 21.7m roster bonus will be converted to a signing bonus and that will clear up a huge amount of cap space. Maybe the whole 21.7m.

Travis Kelce has a similar roster bonus in place at 7.75m.

Trent Williams first year cap hit will be around 7m if we sign him.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:14 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I never said it was “for sure” and based the opinion that there was a chance at signing him on his comments about wanting to win a ring on a team with a good quarterback.

To be honest, even when/if we sign Silverback I think there’s still a chance we sign Von Miller if the Broncos release him (as they are expected to).
Originally Posted by BossChief:
When we sign him, do t freak out right after the initial numbers come out.

Wait to see the structure.
I don't really care as nobody is perfect, but save your stuck up comments for when you didn't take a swing and miss on something that most ppl saw as something that wasn't gonna ever happen. We were never in the hunt for Watt, as I told you right after you made this or another similar comment.

Von Miller would be a great add, but he'll need to take a paycut and he already has a ring (and super bowl MVP). So we're basing that on him wanting to fuck up the Donks 2x a year.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:15 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Some of those that they called were obvious shit that was going to happen.
Yes, you just repeated what I wrote in my first sentence of that quote post.

Like, I'm not saying they are the go-to source.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 03-11-2021
If we sign Peters then you can go ahead and lock in LT at 31 (or through a trade up).

That’s the only way that makes some sense, and even the I don’t buy it.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:17 PM 03-11-2021
They clearly have a long term plan for the LT position, and that is definitely not Jason Peters.

However, cutting Fisher and Schwartz probably actually increases the chances that Peters is on this team in some capacity. With the sheer number of bodies we have to add, a guy like him being one of them is pretty likely. You have him compete against Niang for the RT spot and possibly start at RG, or provide depth at both positions.

But yeah, no chance he's coming near the LT position anymore.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:17 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
There are examples in their header image. Some are possibly lucky guesses, others are calls.

I'm not saying they are Rap or Schefter, but it's a worthwhile follow (look at who follows them and then number of followers).
Dude.

I could probably start a bs Twitter like that and have just as many or more hits based on educated guesses.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:18 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If we sign Peters then you can go ahead and lock in LT at 31 (or through a trade up).

That’s the only way that makes some sense, and even the I don’t buy it.
I don't see Veach and Reid risking a SB season on two rookie OT's. I just don't see it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't see Veach and Reid risking a SB season on two rookie OT's. I just don't see it.
I don’t either.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
They clearly have a long term plan for the LT position, and that is definitely not Jason Peters.

However, cutting Fisher and Schwartz probably actually increases the chances that Peters is on this team in some capacity. With the sheer number of bodies we have to add, a guy like him being one of them is pretty likely. You have him compete against Niang for the RT spot and possibly start at RG, or provide depth at both positions.

But yeah, no chance he's coming near the LT position anymore.
Yeah. As Remmers' replacement basically I could see it. Not as your intended starting LT. No way.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:19 PM 03-11-2021
There’s already been reports that the Chiefs could be interested in Peters, which made sense with Fisher on the roster.

They could just be piggybacking off of that too.
[Reply]
In58men 12:20 PM 03-11-2021
Did Bert Verch sign anyone yet?!?

It’s getting boring again!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 03-11-2021
watch them sign Peters first, and then Chiefsplanet implodes...and then a couple of days later, they announce the Trent Williams signing.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 03-11-2021
There is zero chance they cut Fisher to roll with Peters at LT. Thats fucking crazy talk and would be an awful move.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 79
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up