ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 335
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
If any Lannisters are secret Targs, I think the incestuous twins, one of whom is going mad and is obsessed with wildfire, are the most likely.
HA! Wouldn't that be amazing?

George RR Martin's final fuck you to his readers. Cersei hops on a goddamn dragon and takes to burning everything down.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:28 PM 06-02-2015
If any Lannisters are secret Targs, I think the incestuous twins, one of whom is going mad and is obsessed with wildfire, are the most likely.
I love the dramatic ironies that would come to pass if this were the case. Jaime would have fulfilled the Mad King's demand to "bring him his father's head", the twins would have continued the tradition of targcest, and a full blooded targ would have assumed the crown with Joffrey's ascension to the throne.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:02 PM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I love the dramatic ironies that would come to pass if this were the case. Jaime would have fulfilled the Mad King's demand to "bring him his father's head", the twins would have continued the tradition of targcest, and a full blooded targ would have assumed the crown with Joffrey's ascension to the throne.
Also, the son Tywin loathed would have been his only actual child.
[Reply]
MagicHef 04:25 PM 06-02-2015
There are a lot of "inconsistencies" in a lot of the backstories that are revealed to the readers, and I think a lot of them will turn out to be significant, especially as GRRM loves to use the unreliable narrator:

-Everyone thinks Jon is Ned's son. This doesn't seem to be the case.

-Dany remembers a lemon tree outside her childhood home, which she has been told was in Braavos. However, we are told by other characters that lemons don't grow in Braavos.

-Jeor tells Jon that Longclaw (Valyrian bastard sword) was a Mormont ancestral weapon that he gave to Jorah, and Jorah left it behind when he fled for Essos. However, Jorah seems to be unaware of this, not even mentioning this when Dany tells him that she will get him a Valyrian sword for his service. Also, it is somewhat odd that such an insignificant house would have such a weapon. Coincidentally, the only other Valyrian bastard sword ever mentioned, Blackfyre (Targaryen ancestral sword) disappeared right around the same time Bloodraven joined the Night's Watch.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:07 PM 06-02-2015
So... one of the patches of cloud/mist/whatever is moving faster than the rest, and looks suspiciously like something large and flying.

http://gfycat.com/UnawareFakeAlpaca
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:00 PM 06-02-2015
So... one of the patches of cloud/mist/whatever is moving faster than the rest, and looks suspiciously like something large and flying.

Ice dragon?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:02 PM 06-02-2015

Looks like a hand to me :-)
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:04 PM 06-02-2015
Ah, I see it. It looks like a dragon inside the far left cloud. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 06:21 PM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ice dragon?
Yeah, and come to think of it, didn't all those wildlings outside the wooden wall die a little... quickly and quietly?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:27 PM 06-02-2015
Yeah, and come to think of it, didn't all those wildlings outside the wooden wall die a little... quickly and quietly?

It did happen pretty quickly. I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a time lapse or what have you.

Ice dragons would make a lot of sense, otherwise the wight army would stand no chance against the dragons.

What's the lore on ice dragons?
[Reply]
eDave 06:34 PM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It did happen pretty quickly. I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be a time lapse or what have you.

Ice dragons would make a lot of sense, otherwise the wight army would stand no chance against the dragons.

What's the lore on ice dragons?
That bit bothered me.

Here is the most lore I could find:

In the A Song of Ice and Fire novels, ice dragons are said to roam the Shivering Sea and the White Waste. They are said to be larger than the dragons of Valyria and made out of living ice, with pale blue crystal eyes, vast translucent wings and very cold breath - which can instantly freeze people and things solid, a mirror opposite of how the breath of regular dragons burn them. There is a constellation of stars to the north called the ice dragon, with blue eyes that point north.

As he does in "The Lost Lords", Jon Snow recalls several times the stories that Old Nan told of ice dragons when he was a child.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 08:19 PM 06-02-2015
In the 80's he put out a book about ice dragons. Could the white walkers also have a dragon?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:16 PM 06-02-2015
It would certainly spice things up.

I've been wondering what the walkers will even do once they get to the Wall. They don't seem like the type to lay siege and apparently there's old magic in the gates preventing them from passing.

They could use a dragon or two to fly over or destroy a section of it.......... Or perhaps they have that horn thingamajig?
[Reply]
Swanman 10:17 PM 06-02-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Wonder if they can, eventually, warg the dragons. No reference at all to it anywhere that I am aware of, or that the Targaryens could ever warg at all.

Meanwhile, it would be kind of epic and hilarious if little Tyrion got DROGON!

I think Dany gets Drogon no matter what. The third rider could also be Bran warging a dragon. Two reasons I say that: 1) he seems to be the most powerful warg in the books and 2) the three eyed crow always tells him that he will never walk again, but he will fly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:34 PM 06-02-2015
What's this I've read about Bran being The Other's champion?
[Reply]
Page 35 of 335
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up