ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 43
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:55 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Isn't that on him? Just because you're running to the outside doesn't mean you blindly run directly to the sideline. He has to be ready to cut in any time.
:-)
Rewatch the clip; the play is designed for him to run in that direction, and the weakness is that it's run from the shotgun instead of from say single back where he'd have a much steeper angle to the LOS. And the RB has to run fast enough to bait the defenders to flow (and hopefully over pursue) to the right; crow-hopping to the right isn't going to cut it.

Again, this isn't Madden, it's RL players that have actual physical weight and therefore inertia - basically they are required to obey the laws of physics. It's a bad design and was well defended.

We need to run more from traditional formations more often. The RPO is just not that great when you really want to run.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
But why are his shoulders square to the sideline? I think that’s his poor decision from the get go. They don’t start square to the sideline and Mahomes is holding the ball at 45 degrees. It’s not like Mahomes is holding the ball out directly in front of himself forcing CEH to run to the sideline. CEH can easily choose to take the ball and run up field more and facing the LOS but instead he chooses the longest possible route which he is absolutely not fast enough to get through. I think this just shows his lack of vision and anticipation.
Because his alignment with Mahomes is parallel to the LOS. He literally has to run that direction because that's where the ball is.

It's a terrible play design.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:11 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Saquon hits the market then Veach needs to be calling. Obviously push for a fair contract and if it’s overpay then pass, but that needs to be down next Spring.
In no way should we be trading and then giving a contract to a RB. It's a complete waste of resources.
[Reply]
-King- 02:12 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
Rewatch the clip; the play is designed for him to run in that direction, and the weakness is that it's run from the shotgun instead of from say single back where he'd have a much steeper angle to the LOS. And the RB has to run fast enough to bait the defenders to flow (and hopefully over pursue) to the right; crow-hopping to the right isn't going to cut it.

Again, this isn't Madden, it's RL players that have actual physical weight and therefore inertia - basically they are required to obey the laws of physics. It's a bad design and was well defended.

We need to run more from traditional formations more often. The RPO is just not that great when you really want to run.
This must be an alien then. Just defying physics.

His 2nd step he's already started cutting in. He planted his foot and started going upfield. He didn't stop and start chopping his feet like CEH did.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 09-29-2022

His 2nd step he's already started cutting in. He didn't stop and start chopping his feet like CEH did.
Different gaps. A good 2 yards or more different.
[Reply]
-King- 02:15 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Different gaps. A good 2 yards or more different.
Same physics. The gap we see in the CEH is still open on his 2nd step. If he plants his foot and starts cutting in, he can still get through for a minimum positive gain. Instead he stopped.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 09-29-2022
Same physics. The gap we see in the CEH is still open on his 2nd step. If he plants his foot and starts cutting in, he can still get through for a minimum positive gain. Instead he stopped.
Because he overshot the gap.

Look, I'm not saying it's not CEH's fault. But they're not putting him, or anybody else, in a position to succeed running that right now. Look at the BLOCKING on that GIF you posted. Our blocking looks NOTHING like that right now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:16 PM 09-29-2022

His 2nd step he's already started cutting in. He planted his foot and started going upfield. He didn't stop and start chopping his feet like CEH did.
That’s not even close to the same play
[Reply]
-King- 02:19 PM 09-29-2022
Why not? Because he went through a different gap? It's still an outside zone RPO. You said that physics wouldn't allow CEH to cut back. Yet here's a back that cut back on his 2nd step as soon as he saw the hole.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 09-29-2022
Yep, it's off-tackle. It's an outside run.

Notice that when the RB is at the A gap, like CEH was, his shoulders are still square to the boundary, not to the LOS. If a hole opened up in the A gap, like it did for CEH, the SF RB isn't hitting that hole either because he's not even facing forward.

Not even remotely the same type of play.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:20 PM 09-29-2022
rel="Lightbox"?attachmentid=125034&thumb=1&d=1664482585" class="thumbnail" border="0" alt="Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2579.jpg Views: 22 Size: 25.4 KB ID: 125034" style="margin: 2px" />
This is the moment before the handoff. I will listen to it not being optimal play design but I won’t listen to the argument only the best of the best RBs can cut this right up the middle. Every NFL RB should be able to do this. He has taken two steps. If he can’t change his direction from this point it’s just more evidence he isn’t it.

And like I mentioned Mahomes isn’t forcing him to to the sideline with his ball position. I’m fact he seems to be guiding him more towards the line. And I will trust that him being visibly frustrated by CEH bouncing it down the line and pointing that Mahomes knows better and CEH made a mistake.
Attached:
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:20 PM 09-29-2022
Why not? Because he went through a different gap? It's still an outside zone RPO. You said that physics wouldn't allow CEH to cut back. Yet here's a back that cut back on his 2nd step as soon as he saw the hole.
That's not a cutback. It's a designed run. He went straight to the hole like he was supposed to.
[Reply]
-King- 02:21 PM 09-29-2022
Because he overshot the gap.

Look, I'm not saying it's not CEH's fault. But they're not putting him, or anybody else, in a position to succeed running that right now. Look at the BLOCKING on that GIF you posted. Our blocking looks NOTHING like that right now.
I mean on that play the TE completely whiffed on his block. So it's not like it was perfect. The biggest difference was the recognition of where the hole is and the agility and speed to cut into it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 09-29-2022
I mean on that play the TE completely whiffed on his block. So it's not like it was perfect. The biggest difference was the recognition of where the hole is and the agility and speed to cut into it.
The "hole" is 2 fucking yards from the "hole" CEH was supposed to run to.

Again, I'm not absolving CEH.

But those two plays aren't comparable at all.
[Reply]
-King- 02:31 PM 09-29-2022
The "hole" is 2 fucking yards from the "hole" CEH was supposed to run to.

Again, I'm not absolving CEH.

But those two plays aren't comparable at all.
So he covered 2 more yards in the same number of steps as CEH?

Again, it's not about where the hole is. It's about recognizing when there is one and being able to get to it. By their 2nd step both players had a hole they could get to. One did it, the other didn't.

Mahomes wasn't pointing out the hole for no reason. He knew Clyde should have seen it and cut into it.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 43
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up