ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 119
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:21 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
1-7 from 3 isn’t going to work. Keep shooting the 3 and trust your shooters.
The problem is when you can't hit the 3 ball an and you are shooting 15 -20%.

If you can not guard, get the ball inside with any success, you end up getting you ass clobbered by 20 to 30 pts.

But that's OK, shoot a 100 3's per game, that 50-60 pts a game might win you a few games vs JuCo teams, but not Div. 1 opponents.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:25 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
If you can not guard, get the ball inside with any success, you end up getting you ass clobbered by 20 to 30 pts.
Who on this team is going to "get the ball inside with any success?" Have you watched this team play?

This KU is going to live and die with the three. And if they take mostly 2s, they'll simply lose anyway.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:26 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He plays soft way too often. Not very confident in what he's doing a lot of the time.
He’s such a momentum based player. When he starts off well he can be a 25 point scorer. But when he starts by missing a few shots he might as well just sit the bench the rest of the game because he never snaps out of it. Today is a great example with plenty of open looks here in the second half and it’s brick after brick.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:29 PM 01-02-2021
Agbaji with 2 straight airballs JFC...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:29 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
He’s such a momentum based player. When he starts off well he can be a 25 point scorer. But when he starts by missing a few shots he might as well just sit the bench the rest of the game because he never snaps out of it. Today is a great example with plenty of open looks here in the second half and it’s brick after brick.
They don't have a lot of choice unfortunately. On this team, he's gotta play and he's gotta hit shots or we're going to lose some games.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:32 PM 01-02-2021
Braun is fucking useless
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:34 PM 01-02-2021
It should be noted Texas is 4th in KenPom in defense this year in the country. They've been very good.
I haven't watched them much, but defensively they lose dudes everywhere. If we could get by a dude, or even be strong with the dribble and make someone move dudes would be open everywhere.

You're right. It's over. And it's embarrassing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:37 PM 01-02-2021
They're not going to hit shots at this rate every game, but Texas is legitimately a top 4 team in the country. They've completely shut us down today in a way that I think only a few teams possibly could.
[Reply]
PHOG 12:38 PM 01-02-2021
Ugly, ugly, ugly. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:39 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven't watched them much, but defensively they lose dudes everywhere. If we could get by a dude, or even be strong with the dribble and make someone move dudes would be open everywhere.

You're right. It's over. And it's embarrassing.
I haven't watched them at all before today and have been very impressed. They've taken KU out of everything they've tried to do offensively and forced long 2s all the game from the perimeter (which they have contested well due to their length). They are a serious force this year.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:40 PM 01-02-2021
Who on this team is going to "get the ball inside with any success?" Have you watched this team play?

This KU is going to live and die with the three. And if they take mostly 2s, they'll simply lose anyway.
I have and as I've said before, this team is built for failure. When you can not take it inside consistently to open up your 3 ball, you are set up for failure far too often relying on a 1 dimension style of play.

Yep, live by the 3, die by the 3.

I can not watch today's game for whatever reasons may be, but I have no doubt we look like shit. All of the early games this year( first 9 ) the warning signs were there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:42 PM 01-02-2021
I have and as I've said before, this team is built for failure. When you can not take it inside consistently to open up your 3 ball, you are set up for failure far too often relying on a 1 dimension style of play.

Yep, live by the 3, die by the 3.

I can not watch today's game for whatever reasons may be, but I have no doubt we look like shit. All of the early games this year( first 9 ) the warning signs were there.
You've never said any of this before. And I suspect it's mostly just an emotional reaction to one bad game.

KU is and will be completely fine this year and have been very impressive on the whole prior to this game this season.
[Reply]
ROYC75 12:43 PM 01-02-2021
I'm watching the 1st half of Baylor vs ISU. Baylor is having a hard time putting the ball in the hoop today, yet their defense has been excellent.

So they are in the game and will likely slug out a win on the road.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:47 PM 01-02-2021
I'm watching the 1st half of Baylor vs ISU. Baylor is having a hard time putting the ball in the hoop today, yet their defense has been excellent.

So they are in the game and will likely slug out a win on the road.
KU was 7th defensively in the country before this game. Defense is not an issue for the team. It's actually their strength.
[Reply]
sedated 12:49 PM 01-02-2021
KU's 2 losses weren't just losses, they were "Im turning off this blowout" with 5 mins left type losses.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 119
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up