View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 35 of 343
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:29 PM 06-02-2022
Dieter Sir Gehrig Athletes
[Reply]
Nightfyre 05:37 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Brown is an average LT. You cannot pay him like he’s a top 3 LT.
Maybe, maybe not. I am all about trying to get the best deal for the team, but top 10 guys get top 5 money all the time - because they are locked in for five years and by the end of the deal, it is no longer top 5 money. There's a certain calculus that has to go into the numbers to arrive at what "todays" and "tomorrows" money is compared to last year's.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:59 PM 06-02-2022
#Chiefs LT Orlando Brown has signed with an agent, Michael Portner of @DSGathletes, as he and the team work toward a long-term contract before the July 15 deadline to do so. Brown and Portner found common ground on a personal level as detailed in the press release below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityC...wn_has_signed/
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:18 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Maybe, maybe not. I am all about trying to get the best deal for the team, but top 10 guys get top 5 money all the time - because they are locked in for five years and by the end of the deal, it is no longer top 5 money. There's a certain calculus that has to go into the numbers to arrive at what "todays" and "tomorrows" money is compared to last year's.
This. Exactly this. When a guy like Cam Robinson gets $18M year in a similar situation, Brown - a guy you can make an easy case is a top 10 LT in the NFL - is going to outstrip that by a decent amount.

The best guy at a position is rarely the highest paid guy at his position in AAV or "total contract." That's almost always the most recent top 10 type who had his contract come up. Just how it works.

Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He's below average, wanted to come here and wanted to play LT after the Ravens fired his ass and made hine play guard so I hope he doesn't 23-25. He's far from worth it.
Literally everything about this post is wrong.

He's not a below-average LT. The Ravens didn't convert him to G and would not have converted him to G. He wanted to play LT, they had signed Ronnie Stanley to the biggest LT contract, so they moved on.

You should sit out a few plays.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:56 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This. Exactly this. When a guy like Cam Robinson gets $18M year in a similar situation, Brown - a guy you can make an easy case is a top 10 LT in the NFL - is going to outstrip that by a decent amount.

The best guy at a position is rarely the highest paid guy at his position in AAV or "total contract." That's almost always the most recent top 10 type who had his contract come up. Just how it works.

Literally everything about this post is wrong.

He's not a below-average LT. The Ravens didn't convert him to G and would not have converted him to G. He wanted to play LT, they had signed Ronnie Stanley to the biggest LT contract, so they moved on.

You should sit out a few plays.
He did play LT for many games and was so great they got an expensive one and traded him. Moved on because he sucked at LT. If he wasn't below coverage he wouldn't be ranked below average. He's a convert that now wants to be highest paid. Is there any media outlet that thinks he better than half the LTs? Nope.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:03 PM 06-02-2022
He did play LT for a year and was so great they got an expensive one and traded him. Moved on because he sucked at LT. If he wasn't below coverage he wouldn't be ranked below average.

That’s not remotely how it played out. They extended Stanley, making him the highest paid guy at the position.

Season started. Stanley got hurt. They moved Brown to LT. He played well.

He asked for a trade in the off-season if they planned to go back to Stanley at LT. They granted the trade.

And he isn’t ranked below average, you unbelievable ignoramus. The ranking you keep referring to as gospel includes RT as well at LT.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:39 PM 06-02-2022
What’s going to be numbers that the player and the new agent looking to make his mark will accept?

Seth was saying 22 per over 5 years with ability to get out after 3-4. $30 million signing bonus. Orlando will want 4 years so he can cash in again at 29 years old.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:58 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What’s going to be numbers that the player and the new agent looking to make his mark will accept?

Seth was saying 22 per over 5 years with ability to get out after 3-4. $30 million signing bonus. Orlando will want 4 years so he can cash in again at 29 years old.

4yrs/$100 million
$50 million guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:07 PM 06-02-2022
Seems like a good case for 6 years, with the last two years exitable nonsense that he can use to claim he's the highest paid.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:33 PM 06-02-2022
OBJ making the pro bowl last year was a gift from God
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:10 PM 06-03-2022
He did play LT for many games and was so great they got an expensive one and traded him. Moved on because he sucked at LT. If he wasn't below coverage he wouldn't be ranked below average. He's a convert that now wants to be highest paid. Is there any media outlet that thinks he better than half the LTs? Nope.

Bro I know I’m always on your case and it seems like I’m following you around stalking you, but I’m not. You just post a lot of really stupid shit, that’s all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:25 PM 06-03-2022
He's below average, wanted to come here and wanted to play LT after the Ravens fired his ass and made hine play guard so I hope he doesn't 23-25. He's far from worth it.
In a sea of bad football takes, you are a tsunami. An apocalyptic sized tidal wave of incomprehensible nonsense based on anything BUT facts or solid analytical thought. It's breathtaking really.
[Reply]
TEX 10:12 AM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
In a sea of bad football takes, you are a tsunami. An apocalyptic sized tidal wave of incomprehensible nonsense based on anything BUT facts or solid analytical thought. It's breathtaking really.
17. ORLANDO BROWN JR., KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Originally Posted by :
After a dreadful offensive line performance cost Kansas City a shot at winning Super Bowl 55, the team made a power play for Orlando Brown Jr., trading away its 2021 first-round pick, among others. The Chiefs will eventually have to pay Brown handsomely, as he is still on a rookie contract. Was the juice really worth the squeeze for the Chiefs? Not really, but it does solve the problem to an extent, as Brown is a reliable and quality tackle.

Brown demanded a trade from the Ravens after filling in for Ronnie Stanley at left tackle and expressing his desire to stay there. Brown did have the best season of his short three-year NFL career in 2020. His grade at left tackle ranked 16th among those with at least 350 snaps at the position. He was consistent week after week throughout the season. In fact, Brown was the only tackle overall in 2020 to start all 16 games and not once record a single-game PFF grade below 60.0. Yet, he also never cracked a single-game PFF grade above 80.0.
Pretty much spot on IMO. He's ascending and consistent but not special (yet). He's not in the discussion for one of the top LT's in the NFL, unless you count being in the top 1/3 as being "top." Can he get top 3 - 5? The Chiefs seem to think so.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:22 AM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Bro I know I’m always on your case and it seems like I’m following you around stalking you, but I’m not. You just post a lot of really stupid shit, that’s all.
He's an all-time butt fucking moron.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:38 AM 06-04-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
17. ORLANDO BROWN JR., KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Pretty much spot on IMO. He's ascending and consistent but not special (yet). He's not in the discussion for one of the top LT's in the NFL, unless you count being in the top 1/3 as being "top." Can he get top 3 - 5? The Chiefs seem to think so.
That’s from last year.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 343
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up