ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 40
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 05:30 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He isn't. And they aren't looking for 'someone better'.

They wanted someone compliant. And if Marmol ever finds his voice, they'll fire him as well.

Nothing will change with Mozeliak in charge and Mozeliak will be in charge as long as DeWitt owns this team.
Sadly, truth.
Mo was talking about how he decides on a bench coach. The dude is such a puppet that he doesn’t even get to pick his own bench coach.
:-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:15 PM 10-25-2021
He isn't. And they aren't looking for 'someone better'.

They wanted someone compliant. And if Marmol ever finds his voice, they'll fire him as well.

Nothing will change with Mozeliak in charge and Mozeliak will be in charge as long as DeWitt owns this team.
You well know I have been critical of Schildt but even I can see just pulling the next guy up to take his place makes zero sense.

If you aren't trying to make a major move then no it makes no sense to fire Schildt unless like you said he just wouldn't play their game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:04 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You well know I have been critical of Schildt but even I can see just pulling the next guy up to take his place makes zero sense.

If you aren't trying to make a major move then no it makes no sense to fire Schildt unless like you said he just wouldn't play their game.
That was my point. And it was why I called the Marmol hire the day Shildt's firing was announced.

You were looking for baseball reasons why the organization fired him. And I don't know why anyone bothered. Those reasons, IMO, are incredibly thin but ultimately they just didn't matter.

Baseball had absolutely nothing to do with this decision. This was an ego and consolidation of power thing. Nothing less.

Marmol was the obvious means to that end and was from the very beginning.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:48 PM 10-25-2021
What a piece of shit hire...wow. Mo put all the blame on Shildt to hire someone somehow even less qualified....WOW
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:49 PM 10-25-2021
I mean this is infuriating that Shildt is the fall guy for Mos failures
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:03 PM 10-25-2021
I’m just gonna hope this is an ‘emperor has no clothes’ moment for the massive segment of the fanbase that thinks Mozeliak is anything but a back-biting opportunist.

The guy is a conniving snake. He’s been in the game damn near 30 years and is no better at building a team than he was when he was first hired. He’s not a championship caliber executive. He’s just a politically savvy manipulator who’s charmed a billionaire.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 10-25-2021
I’m just gonna hope this is an ‘emperor has no clothes’ moment for the massive segment of the fanbase that thinks Mozeliak is anything but a back-biting opportunist.

The guy is a conniving snake. He’s been in the game damn near 30 years and is no better at building a team than he was when he was first hired. He’s not a championship caliber executive. He’s just a politically savvy manipulator who’s charmed a billionaire.
Dewitt looks really old in the new videos. Maybe he’ll croak of natural causes and Junior will send Mo packing?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:12 PM 10-25-2021
He's a coffee fetcher who has been exposed by Peter principle
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:18 PM 10-25-2021
I’d rather JakeF assume control of the team than Mo
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:49 PM 10-30-2021
https://www.ky3.com/2021/10/28/sprin...bY9T9feA8kOE40

A curious black bear roamed below a hunter sitting in a deer stand. It only took seconds for it to climb the tree he was in and have a taste.

Dalton Roach pitched for the Springfield Cardinals in 2021.

“It’s not totally uncommon for a bear to go into a tree with a hunter,” said Dalton Roach, adding he caught the whole encounter on camera. “But the fact he actually started gnawing on me and stuff, like that was a little abnormal.”

The nearly 300-pound black bear bit the 25-year-old hunter in the back. With a paw in his lap and fresh puncture wounds, Roach realized he couldn’t panic.

“I kind of pulled myself out and then stood around and turned, kind of in one motion to then face the bear and then just started yelling and hollering,” Roach explained.

The bear lingered below the deer stand for another half hour before wandering off. Roach said he laughed about what happened with a friend on the quarter-mile trek back to his truck.

“It’s one of those situations that obviously doesn’t happen every day,” Roach said.

He went to the emergency room for treatment and a rabies vaccine, which he says hurt worse than the bite itself. Doctors doubt Roach will have a scar, but he certainly will have quite the story to tell.

“I think it makes it a little less believable because I think people are under the impression if a bear bites you, you’re missing something,” Roach said. “So, it’s, along with it being a cool story, it can be an educational tool too.”
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:35 PM 11-07-2021

Paul Goldschmidt is the 4th different @Cardinal 1B to win the Gold Glove.

Albert Pujols (2)
Keith Hernandez (5)
Bill White (6) pic.twitter.com/RiapIO3jFb

— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:36 PM 11-07-2021

Tommy Edman is a #GoldGlove winner for the first time. #STLCards pic.twitter.com/rSNn51Ie4a

— Bally Sports Midwest (@BallySportsMW) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:39 PM 11-07-2021

Wow! The @Cardinals just won three of the four Gold Gloves in the NL infield:

Paul Goldschmidt, 1B
Tommy Edman, 2B
Nolan Arenado, 3B#stlcards

— Tom Ackerman (@Ackerman1120) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:41 PM 11-07-2021
And?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:59 PM 11-07-2021

Two #GoldGlove Awards in a row for Tyler O’Neill. #STLCards pic.twitter.com/iGfe2N6z6S

— Bally Sports Midwest (@BallySportsMW) November 8, 2021

[Reply]
Page 35 of 40
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up