Page 35 of 54
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:28 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I’ve gotten through episode three so far. It’s not great but I think it’s not quite as bad as I thought based on a lot of comments. Reva isn’t a great actress but it’s not that bothersome. The most annoying thing was Obi-Wan giving away who they were to the Storm Troopers. It was already a tense enough situation. No need to hit us over the head with it at the expense of him being an idiot saying her real name.
And there you have my biggest issue with the show, and why I stopped watching. I was under the impression that this would be the Obi Wan kicking ass show, and instead it is the Obi Wan fucking up constantly show and generally being useless.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
And there you have my biggest issue with the show, and why I stopped watching. I was under the impression that this would be the Obi Wan kicking ass show, and instead it is the Obi Wan fucking up constantly show and generally being useless.
uhhhh...you should keep watching

anyway, you have no idea about how to write an effective character, it seems - you see, they need to have a thing called an ARC
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:54 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come on man.... The worst casting decision by Lucas ever. Not even close.
Nope. Lots of worse decisions, like Jake Lloyd.

Hayden is a solid actor and has shown those chops in this series.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:56 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come on man.... The worst casting decision by Lucas ever. Not even close.

They could have had Brad Pitt, who was interested. He'd been a great Anakin/Vader but Lucas had to have an unknown actor.
Dane said DiCaprio was interested too

The worst decision Lucas made was making Anakin a whiney child instead of an Indiana Jones/John McClain character who suffered PTSD.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:57 AM 06-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
uhhhh...you should keep watching

anyway, you have no idea about how to write an effective character, it seems - you see, they need to have a thing called an ARC
No thanks. Based on what I've read here, it got worse, not better.

The promise of the first episode, character arc begins, was not fulfilled.

Fanboi all you want.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:03 PM 06-19-2022
No thanks. Based on what I've read here, it got worse, not better.

The promise of the first episode, character arc begins, was not fulfilled.

Fanboi all you want.
Obi-Wan is a much different character in episode 5 than 1.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:11 PM 06-19-2022
What gave you that impression? Honestly baffled where you could've gleaned that given the premise of the show is Obi Wan is in hiding watching out for Luke and is still broken 10 years after the fact.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM 06-19-2022
Also, after episode 3 which is his lowest point he's been doing nothing but kicking ass and being sass for the most part.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 06-19-2022
lawrence throwing a fit and passing up some of the best vader shit ever :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:17 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lawrence throwing a fit and passing up some of the best vader shit ever :-)
Best Vader shit ever?

Obvious troll is obvious. This show is a fucking unmitigated abomination. It should not exist. It is 1,000% garbage.

Love the 45 year old Anakin posing as a teenager for the flashback.

Vader easily rips down a dummy transport and tears it apart, but then can't be bothered to do that to the real one?

Doesn't confirm the kill on youngling Reva, only to do the exact same dumb shit again?

Claims to have known all along that Reva was a youngling...so why go along with this shit?

So she would help him find Obi Wan with a master plan that involves hiring some dumbasses to fail at kidnapping a girl she should have ZERO knowledge of, for them lose her, so she could accidentally run into her and capture her later, fail miserably at interrogating a 10 year old, but plant a tracker on her little Droid?

Who fucking wrote this shit? It's absolute trash. It would be hilarious if it wasn't real.

Also loving the back and forth of "OH I'm disconnected from the force too long, I can barely move this little piece of shit" to " OH the glass is broken and the ocean is about to pour in, lemme just hold that off with my Jedi Master force ability, while deflecting blaster bolts"

Lmmfgdao this is a dumpster fire. Holy shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:45 AM 06-20-2022
Man, y'all need to do what I do and just look at my phone when Reva is the focal point. Bothers me much less that way.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:54 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dane said DiCaprio was interested too

The worst decision Lucas made was making Anakin a whiney child instead of an Indiana Jones character who suffered PTSD.
Just think of the depth of acting Pitt could have brought to the Anakin/Vader role as he grabbles with the Dark side, his feelings for his family, being tempted for that thirst for power. Finally embracing the hatred flowing towards his mentor, displacement of anger against Oni-Wan etc. Those prequel's would have been legendary.

You need a top actor to pull that off. Hayden cant even find work as an actor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:07 AM 06-20-2022
wallcrawler throwing a fit about some of the best star wars shit we've ever seen :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 06-20-2022
hmmmm

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:51 AM 06-20-2022
Yep. That checks out with what I've read.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 54
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up