ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 131
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:02 PM 04-10-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Lol Milwaukee really dipped out of the 2 seed just to avoid the Nets.
I'd rather play the Bulls too tbh

Although I think the Nets won't beat the Celtics anyway, they don't guard and Simmons seems to be faking a back injury now to win his salary grievance case against Philly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 PM 04-10-2022
The Matisse Thybulle heel turn has been amazing too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:16 PM 04-10-2022
The Matisse Thybulle heel turn has been amazing too.
I just read he got one dose of the vaccine but now refuses to get another dose and now can't get into Canada for the road playoff games vs. the Raptors?

I don't know why these countries still have vaccine entry requirements at this point (and the US is included in that) but it's hard to grasp any kind of rationale on that one from his perspective.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:51 AM 04-11-2022

Frank Vogel on reports of him being fired:

“I haven’t been told shit. I’m going to enjoy tonight’s game… we’ll deal with tomorrow tomorrow."

— Daniel Starkand (@DStarkand) April 11, 2022

The Lakers drama never ends.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:30 AM 04-11-2022
Lol Milwaukee really dipped out of the 2 seed just to avoid the Nets.
Bucks are 16-1 against the Bulls since 2018. Bulls are 2-20 against the top 8 NBA teams this season.

They feast on sub .500 teams that they can outscore while playing zero defense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:34 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
The West sucks and Hong Kong LeBron still couldn't make it.
Yeah the bottom end of the west playoffs looks rough. Amazing the Lakers can't beat that.

I know they'll do the trade every time because championship but it's amazing that NO, the fuckfest they've been since Chris Paul, beat out the Lakers for the 10 seed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:44 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

The Lakers drama never ends.
LeBron's phone probably ran out of battery or something.

Vogel is a fine coach. Not a great one, but he's adequate. Most of the complaints centered around his rotations, etc... are the same thing you hear tossed out there for EVERY coach that is losing game and have little novelty or basis in reality.

Bottom line is that LeBron insisted on a squad that simply was not going to win games regardless of who coached it. He cut Vogel's throat.

But whatever - he's pretty fungible. They'll find someone mediocre or better to replace him. I won't cry over spilt re-treads.

But this team is in a world of hurt for the next several years.

It still blows my mind that anyone thought Russell Westbrook was a good idea. This is why you don't let players be the GM - they're kinda stupid.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:50 AM 04-11-2022
[trades almost entire championship team away for a nursing home, and goes 33-49]

“You’re a bad coach”
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 07:55 AM 04-11-2022
Bad timing for Luka to get that calf injury. I’m psyched the playoffs are finally here.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:06 AM 04-11-2022
If Curry comes back healthy the Warriors are winning it all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:24 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
LeBron's phone probably ran out of battery or something.

Vogel is a fine coach. Not a great one, but he's adequate. Most of the complaints centered around his rotations, etc... are the same thing you hear tossed out there for EVERY coach that is losing game and have little novelty or basis in reality.

Bottom line is that LeBron insisted on a squad that simply was not going to win games regardless of who coached it. He cut Vogel's throat.

But whatever - he's pretty fungible. They'll find someone mediocre or better to replace him. I won't cry over spilt re-treads.

But this team is in a world of hurt for the next several years.

It still blows my mind that anyone thought Russell Westbrook was a good idea. This is why you don't let players be the GM - they're kinda stupid.
I don't think anyone outside of the lakers building thought that was a good idea.

It wasn't
[Reply]
Miles 09:58 AM 04-11-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don't think anyone outside of the lakers building thought that was a good idea.

It wasn't
The finger pointing this summer should be entertaining. How long until Lebron and Klutch try to throw management under the bus and distance themselves from getting Westbrook in the first place?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:10 AM 04-11-2022
https://theathletic.com/3243084/2022...shared_article

Nurse, who led the Raptors to a championship in 2019, signed a multiyear contract extension in 2020 and has two years left on his deal. It’s unclear whether he will be attainable or whether he would have interest, but the Lakers are hoping the former Coach of the Year is an option with the allure of coaching James and Davis and the appeal of the Los Angeles market. To acquire Nurse, the Lakers would need to receive permission from the Raptors and likely engage them on a prospective trade. Over the next several weeks, expect several other candidates to emerge, including University of Michigan coach Juwan Howard, who interviewed for the opening in 2019.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:56 AM 04-11-2022
If the Lakers were smart they would trade AD and Lebron and start over.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:51 AM 04-11-2022
https://theathletic.com/3243084/2022...shared_article

Nurse, who led the Raptors to a championship in 2019, signed a multiyear contract extension in 2020 and has two years left on his deal. It’s unclear whether he will be attainable or whether he would have interest, but the Lakers are hoping the former Coach of the Year is an option with the allure of coaching James and Davis and the appeal of the Los Angeles market. To acquire Nurse, the Lakers would need to receive permission from the Raptors and likely engage them on a prospective trade. Over the next several weeks, expect several other candidates to emerge, including University of Michigan coach Juwan Howard, who interviewed for the opening in 2019.
Nurse is a Klutch sports client, so this is clearly being put out by LeBron and Rich Paul.

Some problems, though: #1. Why would any respective coach go to the Lakers right now given their situation? They have one of the worst rosters in the league (and no obvious way to improve) and LeBron's history with coaches speaks for itself. Vogel is just the latest of a series of guys who have been thrown under the bus repeatedly/turfed unceremoniously. Money is a reason but MLSE (the Raptors' owner) is certainly not short of that. So would it just be the Lakers' history and mystique? That probably won't be enough given that any coach knows they are going to be trashed in the media by anonymous sources within weeks if it starts going south (and with that roster, it will).

#2. Prospective trade? The Lakers literally have traded all of their 1st round picks for the next five years. What the hell are they going to trade for any coach and why would they even do that from a roster building/franchise management anyway given how LeBron throws coaches away just as quickly as getting them?

What a hilarious mess. Coaching isn't the problem, it's the league-worst roster they've built around two aging, injury prone superstars. Again, LeBron would be best served getting out of it rather than sticking around to fix the unfixable.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 131
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up