Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Media Center>Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power
BigRedChief 05:38 PM 04-05-2018
Premieres Sept. 2nd

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:33 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Just imagine how great the reviews of this series would've been had they just not had a Puerto Rican elf :-)
Even if it's a good show it's now ruined.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:43 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Even if it's a good show it's now ruined.
Puerto Rican elves just ruin everything.

[Reply]

Bowser 04:44 PM 10-05-2022
Well, is he wrong?

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:47 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Well, is he wrong?
Yes.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:51 PM 10-05-2022
Yes.
YOU DIDN'T WATCH IT FANBOI
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:08 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
YOU DIDN'T WATCH IT FANBOI
I watched parts of it yesterday. I was going to post it in an effort to make fun of JPB. A lot of that video is rehashed by the way. Pretty sure this dude made this same video back in episode 1 or so.

It's yet another example of a guy who made up his mind a long time ago because of Puerto Rican Elves and Black Dwarves and who now nitpicks everything in order to prove he was right all along.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:09 PM 10-05-2022
Im no LOTR fanboi. I just finished episode 6 last night.

But i understand what it is and im not going to hold the fact that it's not GOT against it.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:22 PM 10-05-2022
Im no LOTR fanboi. I just finished episode 6 last night.

But i understand what it is and im not going to hold the fact that it's not GOT against it.
I won't lie, I've enjoyed it. Galadriel is a distraction; her character in this is a completely different person than the one in Peter Jackson's movies. And the fact that old baby Gandalf just got sent to Middle Earth with no idea who he is, how to use his powers, or even how to communicate throws me off as well. But other than that, I just enjoy the show and try not to think of it as some Tolkien story and I get by well enough. I've watched way WAY worse fantasy shows.

Drinker's criticisms are very warranted, though. And you're right, he did put out a vid about this before the show launched and he says a ton of the same stuff in that latest one, but it doesn't make him wrong. If I were a Tolkien purist I'd probably hate this show.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:57 PM 10-05-2022
I watched parts of it yesterday. I was going to post it in an effort to make fun of JPB. A lot of that video is rehashed by the way. Pretty sure this dude made this same video back in episode 1 or so.

It's yet another example of a guy who made up his mind a long time ago because of Puerto Rican Elves and Black Dwarves and who now nitpicks everything in order to prove he was right all along.
Nah, this is just a cop out at this point.

HOTD did similar things with race swapping characters, but nobody gives a fuck anymore because they actually made a great show.

And you seem to not understand why GOT/HOTD and TROP are directly compared, and it's not just because they're both fantasy series and aired around the same time.

It's literally what Amazon was going for. They admittedly were trying to make this their GOT. That's why they did things like turning the violence/gore up a notch.

And I'm sorry, but the problem is absolutely not that the show isn't GOT. LOTR isn't GOT either. The problem is that the writing, castings, character development, etc. are objectively shit.

If you like the show, that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the consensus is that it's shit. And that's not because people are being unfair or biased. I WANT to love this show. That's how I feel about every movie/show that I invest my time into. I'd love nothing more than them to right the ship and make this a great show.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:20 PM 10-05-2022
Don't get me wrong, I do think it's fair to say that some people were never going to give this show a fair shot, but I don't think it changes the fact that it's not good.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:21 PM 10-05-2022
He doesn’t do that though. We have a very recent example with Predator. He made a video before it came out predicting certain things, one of those being it would suck and suffer from many of the issues many shows have, but in his review he was pleasantly surprised and generally reviewed it pretty positively.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 06:22 PM 10-05-2022
Haven’t seen a minute of a single episode but genuinely curious how the O.R.C. Army is doing?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:24 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
He doesn’t do that though. We have a very recent example with Predator. He made a video before it came out predicting certain things, one of those being it would suck and suffer from many of the issues many shows have, but in his review he was pleasantly surprised and generally reviewed it pretty positively.
Yup, he even references that in this video.

And I felt the same about Prey. I had my concerns too, but it turned out to be a damn good installment in the franchise.

Most people have no problem admitting when they're wrong about shows/movies, because people want to be wrong if they're going to invest their time into them. I don't think the majority of people will purposely waste their time watching something that they've already decided they're going to hate.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:12 PM 10-05-2022
Heh. You know what episode 6 didn’t have a single second of? Harfoots.

Episode 6 worked for me. Virtually everything it was going for landed. All the stuff with the neumenorians (sp?), the southlanders, the dark elf and Gilandriel, all of it worked and was compelling. And the detonation of mount doom felt epic.

But man. 6 episodes is a LONG time to hang with a show before it turns it on. It’s a good goddamned thing it was absolutely gorgeous.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:54 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
I think he's referring to this scene:
Oh, yes. Both are great but I think this is my favorite of the LOTR trilogy.

Generally, I was a big fan of the "cavalry is here" scenes. The franchise abused the hell out of them, but I loved them nonetheless. Gandalf at Helm's Deep, the Riders of the Rohirim at Minas Tirith, the undead army (seriously, though, why didn't Aragorn just ask for one more assist from them at the Black Gates?), the ents at Isengard, etc.

Even the most ridiculous one of all in The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies, when the Elves jump over the perfectly good Dwarf shield-wall to assist against the orcs lol ridiculous but so fun, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up