ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 55
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:37 AM 05-13-2023
I had a feeling it was in after watching it a few times (angles they didn't ever really show after the play), but went with if you don't know 100%, then it's not a goal.

Aaaand, looks like that's a goal.

Who knows what happens from that point though, can't automatically assume the Leafs score again, as it's more likely they turtle and go to OT anyway.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:47 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I had a feeling it was in after watching it a few times (angles they didn't ever really show after the play), but went with if you don't know 100%, then it's not a goal.

Who knows what happens from that point though, can't automatically assume the Leafs score again, as it's more likely they turtle and go to OT anyway.
They showed it was in , it was not called a goal because they said the whistle blew the played dead just before it crossed the line .
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:52 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They showed it was in , it was not called a goal because they said the whistle blew the played dead just before it crossed the line .
They kept showing the part where Bob was getting up, and I don't think that really counts... seems long after it was frozen and at that point the puck just falls out of his equipment.

IMO, the source of truth is on the initial shot near the post and whether it crossed the line there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:28 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

I think Reilly knew he scored immediately based on his reaction. The puck was then likely sitting under his pad past the goal line for the entire time unviewable on any camera.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:30 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Whistle never blew at all actually. What they ruled was that they should have blown the whistle and that therefore the play was dead.

Also, the puck pretty clearly crossed the line before that happened. They just didn't have an angle to verify it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:26 PM 05-14-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
We're going all the way.
I'm going to quote this again given how you hounded me for the past year.

Anyways, this Edmonton-Vegas game is wild.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:26 PM 05-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'm going to quote this again given how you hounded me for the past year.

Anyways, this Edmonton-Vegas game is wild.
I mean, I think it's pretty clear that there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in that post. :-)

There was no reason to think the Leafs were going all the way, they didn't even play well in that Lightning series.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:31 PM 05-14-2023
I mean, I think it's pretty clear that there was a healthy dose of sarcasm in that post. :-)

There was no reason to think the Leafs were going all the way, they didn't even play well in that Lightning series.
I know it was probably sarcastic, just liked shooting the shit with ya. :-)

Very curious to see what happens with Dubas. I think they need to move a part of their core before firing him at least.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:32 PM 05-14-2023
I know it was probably sarcastic, just liked shooting the shit with ya. :-)

Very curious to see what happens with Dubas. I think they need to move a part of their core before firing him at least.
They're probably going to move a part of their core at least (and they probably have to in order to progress further), but it's kind of silly that a big reason for doing so is that the league refuses to enforce its own rules in the playoffs as compared to the regular season.

Just imagine if the NFL stopped calling penalties in the 4th quarter of playoff games. Mahomes certainly wouldn't have a 2nd SB right now.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:34 PM 05-14-2023
They're probably going to move a part of their core at least (and they probably have to in order to progress further), but it's kind of silly that a big reason for doing so is that the league refuses to enforce its own rules in the playoffs as compared to the regular season.

Just imagine if the NFL stopped calling penalties in the 4th quarter of playoff games. Mahomes certainly wouldn't have a 2nd SB right now.
I'm fine with swallowing the whistle, but if it's going to be swallowed, has to be applied evenly for both teams.

Same with basketball and fouls.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:36 PM 05-14-2023
I'm fine with swallowing the whistle, but if it's going to be swallowed, has to be applied evenly for both teams.

Same with basketball and fouls.

i enjoy the panel talking about all the penalties connor mcdavid has to deal with this game already — and then just a shrug that it’s playoff hockey 🫡

— dom 📈 (@domluszczyszyn) May 15, 2023

It's never going to be even when you have players who are vastly more talented like McDavid capable of drawing way more penalties than others. We all know the NHL refs "manage" games to keep the penalty totals close despite what may actually be going on on the ice.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:40 PM 05-14-2023

It's never going to be even when you have players who are vastly more talented like McDavid capable of drawing way more penalties than others. We all know the NHL refs "manage" games to keep the penalty totals close despite what may actually be going on on the ice.
Could you imagine if every single penalty was called in hockey, though? It'd be unwatchable to the extent of like the last 2 minutes in a college basketball game.

I also think the league's been more lenient the past few years to encourage more scoring (part of that's also been due to goalie pad sizes, but the average save % for a goalie has also decreased every year).
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:48 PM 05-14-2023
Could you imagine if every single penalty was called in hockey, though? It'd be unwatchable to the extent of like the last 2 minutes in a college basketball game.

I also think the league's been more lenient the past few years to encourage more scoring (part of that's also been due to goalie pad sizes, but the average save % for a goalie has also decreased every year).
My guess is that if the refs actually called penalties penalties (instead of letting them get away with basically anything for the final 20 minutes), the players would adjust soon enough. If they don't, they'd be hurting their teams.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:29 AM 05-15-2023
Fuckin' Oilers. Not bothering to watch it, but assume the 3 penalties all game benefits the goonies.

If Dallas wins, I think the furthest team north will be Vegas.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:55 AM 05-15-2023
Ha... need that 10pm EDT 10:45pm EDT start.

👏🏼 ESPN. Missed three goals in the opening three minutes of an elimination NHL playoff game because we had to finish out a 9-1 MLB blowout. #GrowTheGame

— Troy Stecher (@troystecher) May 15, 2023

[Reply]
Page 35 of 55
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up