ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 120
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:34 PM 05-09-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Can’t trade those Faberge eggs. Can’t play them either. Just no room in the outfield or infield. And now DH spot either.

We could have survived the loss of nootbar and Donovan. I don’t know much about that pitcher except he’s supposedly our 2nd best pitching prospect. I know we need pitching really bad. Still, in my fan mind, we should have made that trade.
That means Carlson can get exposed even more vs right handed pitchers, Burleson gets more playing time when he shouldn’t be getting much, playing Walker in a position he’s still learning which impacts the defense in the near-term while he projects to be a 1B long-term, or moving Edman to the OF (which takes away a huge positive of his game with his performance at 2B/SS) while still being susceptible to O’Neil being injured.

Realistically, moving Winn or Edman (who I really like) as well as sending DeJong to Pluto for free would be the path of least resistance to upgrading other positions and reducing a log-jam.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 PM 05-09-2023
That’s 3 in a row. Coincidental to Mo publicly throwing Contreras under the bus?

Watched the game, they are taking the extra base, diving for balls in the outfield. Everyone’s smiling in the dugout. Now just repeat that another 80 times.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 PM 05-09-2023
The rehabilitation of images starts…..

“We love the guy. It’s hard, man. I’ve seen it. I feel like everybody that’s come over here, from (Marcell) Ozuna to (Paul) Goldschmidt, (Nolan) Arenado, if you look at their first years coming over and getting comfortable or trying to do too much, you could see them go through the ups and downs of struggles. I don’t really feel that out of him (too much), but we do want him to know that we got him.

I feel a responsibility to be there for our guys, no matter who that is. In talking to (Contreras), I was like, ‘We haven’t pitched well, regardless of who’s back (behind the plate). That’s not a “you” thing. We just need you to be Willson.’"

- St. Louis Cardinals Jack Flaherty on Willson Contreras
[Reply]
jd1020 01:49 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
That’s 3 in a row. Coincidental to Mo publicly throwing Contreras under the bus?

Watched the game, they are taking the extra base, diving for balls in the outfield. Everyone’s smiling in the dugout. Now just repeat that another 80 times.
The only coincidence is that the Cardinals are playing the Cubs right now. The Cubs are pretty much a clone of the Cardinals organization right now with less talent on the MLB roster.

Owner not spending - check

PoBO signing mediocre players to his largest investments in FA - check

Manager completely unfit for the job - check

The Cubs have been having pretty shit luck on BABIP this series and the Cardinals are blooping shit over the 1B for doubles, but Ross is actually playing Eric Hosmer and batting him 6th in the lineup. The guy has a 1.6 degree launch angle and comes up in the 1st inning with the bases loaded and Flaherty doing his best to lose the game in the 1st inning but Hosmer came to the rescue with the inevitable lazy ground ball double play. We have been given the DH and Ross chooses to keep the pitcher hitting and put him in the middle of the lineup. Then the 9th comes and its a tie game, so of course you still have the guy who's pitched 5 innings already still out there and NO ONE warming up in the pen for when he throws a meatball hanging slider that goes for 420 feet, then a hanging changeup that bounces off the CF wall for a triple, followed by a double, and only after he strikeouts the next batter is he relieved. So while the Cubs are out there trying to break a record for GIDP, the construction and management of this roster was always going to be a completely shit team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:51 AM 05-10-2023
Jordan Montgomery, St. Louis Cardinals – Five years, $91 million

Assuming it’s not near bedtime when you read this, close your eyes and think of the Cardinals’ rotation this year. Now imagine it without Montgomery, apparently the only starting pitcher on the team who is able to get major league batters out without Yadier Molina catching. Montgomery isn’t likely to get ace money; he’s more Sain than Spahn, but certainly better than praying for rain. And while I may be the biggest fan of Matthew Liberatore remaining, even in the best-case scenario, the Cardinals likely need to replace 300 innings worth of Adam Wainwright and Jack Flaherty this winter, and Liberatore can hardly cover that. Give Cards fans something to be happy about now and, for heaven’s sake, don’t move Monty to another position a month into his extension.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/whose-co...-with-urgency/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 05-10-2023
If you're Montgomery, why would you ever sign a deal with a lower AAV than Miles !@#$ing Mikolas? Especially when you're a pending UFA.

Oh, and the organization is a shitshow.

Nah - he'd never sign that deal and he'd be foolish to even consider it at this point.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
In his last start he yelled at Nootbaar for not catching a ball that statcast said had an 87% hit probability.

You could hear him on the broadcast. "God Dammit, Noot - catch the damn ball!"

Flaherty's such a ****stick. If I'm Contreras and that asshole shows up trying to tell me anything, I'm shutting down. And yeah, that's petty, but Jack Flaherty hasn't earned the right to question anyone's work ethic or value as a teammate.
Did you catch his meltdown after the game last night refusing to talk about his FSFB velocity and saying he would decide how hard to throw it according to the game plan? He threw something like 6 90MPH or slower FSFB in the 3rd inning I think.

Well dipshit did the game plan call for a 90MPH meatball down the pipe in the 3rd inning? The guy is such a clueless douchebag its unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The only coincidence is that the Cardinals are playing the Cubs right now. The Cubs are pretty much a clone of the Cardinals organization right now with less talent on the MLB roster.

Owner not spending - check

PoBO signing mediocre players to his largest investments in FA - check

Manager completely unfit for the job - check

The Cubs have been having pretty shit luck on BABIP this series and the Cardinals are blooping shit over the 1B for doubles, but Ross is actually playing Eric Hosmer and batting him 6th in the lineup. The guy has a 1.6 degree launch angle and comes up in the 1st inning with the bases loaded and Flaherty doing his best to lose the game in the 1st inning but Hosmer came to the rescue with the inevitable lazy ground ball double play. We have been given the DH and Ross chooses to keep the pitcher hitting and put him in the middle of the lineup. Then the 9th comes and its a tie game, so of course you still have the guy who's pitched 5 innings already still out there and NO ONE warming up in the pen for when he throws a meatball hanging slider that goes for 420 feet, then a hanging changeup that bounces off the CF wall for a triple, followed by a double, and only after he strikeouts the next batter is he relieved. So while the Cubs are out there trying to break a record for GIDP, the construction and management of this roster was always going to be a completely shit team.
You fucking guys have left, what, 20+ baserunners on the last two games?

The only thing that's won these games for the Cardinals is unfortunate sequencing by the Cubs. By and large, RISP performance is blind dumb luck. With any kind of reasonable batted ball luck in those situations, the Cubs are up 2-0.

But you're right in one aspect - this is a Toilet Bowl of sorts. These teams are both ass and that's even WITH Chicago getting fringe MVP level play out of Cody Bellinger. Damn he's been good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Did you catch his meltdown after the game last night refusing to talk about his FSFB velocity and saying he would decide how hard to throw it according to the game plan? He threw something like 6 90MPH or lower FSFB in the 3rd inning I think.

Well dipshit did the game plan call for a 90MPH meatball down the pipe in the 3rd inning? The guy is such a clueless douchebag its unreal.
Heard about it; haven't seen it yet.

Yeah - he's a fucking joy to have around...
[Reply]
George Liquor 10:02 AM 05-10-2023
Flaherty is a kuck

Also, sweeping the Cubs is probably going to cool the talk of firing anyone, isnt it?
[Reply]
jd1020 10:06 AM 05-10-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Flaherty is a kuck

Also, sweeping the Cubs is probably going to cool the talk of firing anyone, isnt it?

[Reply]
George Liquor 10:07 AM 05-10-2023
At least it's keeping my Cubs fan friends quiet :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 07:19 PM 05-10-2023
Who is that in LF for you guys? That dude should be forever benched for that "effort" on Gomes' bloop. Dude was jogging for like 10 steps and it drops like 5 feet in front of him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:26 PM 05-10-2023
Just lose baby!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:29 PM 05-10-2023
Who is that in LF for you guys? That dude should be forever benched for that "effort" on Gomes' bloop. Dude was jogging for like 10 steps and it drops like 5 feet in front of him.
That's Juan Yepez. It's as fast as he goes. He's yet another DH only player we have to put in the field because we signed a catcher who can't catch.

Somehow it's Tyler O'Neill's fault.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 120
« First < 253132333435 363738394585 > Last »
Up