ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:51 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So we're a $80k sports car with a 4 cylinder engine then.
:-)

Saw that on an episode of Scrubs/Baby L
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:53 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
:-)

Saw that on an episode of Scrubs/Baby L
Jesus, just fuck off PGM.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:54 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
with Alex, the Chiefs have a stock Honda Civic.
nothing wrong with that. Consistent, reliable, comfortable. You might win against other Civics, and Cobalts, but when you get to race the real cars, you don't have a chance.

yes, it could be worse. you could have a Pontiac Aztek at QB.
Funny cause he's beaten RW, Peyton, Brees, Matt Ryan, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Carr since he's been here. So there's that.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:56 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Funny cause he's beaten RW, Peyton, Brees, Matt Ryan, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Carr since he's been here. So there's that.
Dont forget to add Brian Hoyer in the playoffs...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:57 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Jesus, just fuck off PGM.
Lil Creatuy hath your soul
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:00 PM 04-05-2017
Lil Creatuy hath your soul
You're such a toady. Dive bombing shit on people who aren't even talking to you, . . . with the repurposed tired schtick created by others.

Have you ever had an independent thought or non-asshole conversation?

Your entire persona here, in an image.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:02 PM 04-05-2017
You're such a toady. Dive bombing shit on people who aren't even talking to you, . . . with the repurposed tired schtick created by others.

Have you ever had an independent thought or non-asshole conversation?
I have been posting in this thread all morning. If you are butthurt over a friendly jab, that's on you.

The scrubs was also a double entendre towards Alex that was too juicy to pass up.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:03 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So we're a $80k sports car with a 4 cylinder engine then.
A 30k hybrid with a 4 cylinder.

average QB
average Oline
average RB
stud TE (crappy depth)
above-average starting wr (crappy depth)
average Dline
an average group of LBs (worse when Houston is injured)
decent secondary (Berry,Peters + Jags)

The only thing about the Chiefs that is distinguishable is that 'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:03 PM 04-05-2017
I have been posting in this thread all morning. If you are butthurt over a friendly jab, that's on you.
You wanna point me to the remark I directed at you that inspired you to go JV Cosmo?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:06 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
A 30k hybrid with a 4 cylinder.

average QB
average Oline
average RB
stud TE (crappy depth)
above-average starting wr (crappy depth)
average Dline
an average group of LBs (worse when Houston is injured)
decent secondary (Berry,Peters + Jags)

The only thing about the Chiefs that is distinguishable is that 'The whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.
I'd say a decent Golf TDI with a glitchy clutch. Not a lot of power, but good balance and handling. Able to zing through a road course, but susceptible to poor driving skills. And they aren't gonna smoke a supercar unless they get a holeshot.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:08 PM 04-05-2017
I'd say a decent Golf TDI with a glitchy clutch. Not a lot of power, but good balance and handling, but they aren't gonna smoke a supercar unless they get a holeshot.

Not gonna be easy with that mediocre clutch assembly... Drop in a McLeod and we might be on to something...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:09 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Not gonna be easy with that mediocre clutch assembly... Drop in a McLeod and we might be on to something...
I've been saying forever our solution is astonishingly simple. Draft the next Brady or trade for him. Heck, Reid wouldn't even need to OC.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:12 PM 04-05-2017
I've been saying forever our solution is astonishingly simple. Draft the next Brady or trade for him. Heck, Reid wouldn't even need to OC.
At some point you have to try... Until then, riding the clutch and replacing it with another Autozone Exedy special isnt going to keep you in the race, let alone beat anyone.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:14 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
At some point you have to try... Until then, riding the clutch and replacing it with another Autozone Exedy special isnt going to keep you in the race, let alone beat anyone.
I've never opposed them trying, and will be on board when they do.

I'm just not obsessed with the notion that this is the one thing that must happen or all is doomed.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:17 PM 04-05-2017
You wanna point me to the remark I directed at you that inspired you to go BV Cosmo?
I've made those cracks long before Cosmo. He's just obsessed with it.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 44
« First < 253132333435 36373839 > Last »
Up