ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 345 of 383
« First < 245295335341342343344345 346347348349355 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Congrats to you!

Time to pool party soon!
Thanks.

We should land in the desert the first week of May. Just have to find a place to live in the meantime.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:06 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Thanks.

We should land in the desert the first week of May. Just have to find a place to live in the meantime.
We moved to Phoenix the first week of May, 10 years ago this year.

It was 105 the entire first week as we were moving ourselves into our rental and getting stuff around town.

I thought I had made a mistake. :-).
[Reply]
scho63 08:23 PM 03-04-2022
I think it's time for a get together over by Lewdog.

What place?

I'm interested in expanding my beer palate. Sone of these recent beers looks great.

I'll bring the cigars
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:09 PM 03-04-2022
Hide yo Bottle Logic honey holes.

Celebrating a full price cash offer on our house.
Can I borrow $20?

Damn dude, congrats! :-) The market is insane, was just talking to a realtor the other day who said people are bypassing inspections on top of paying cash, so shit's getting done in a matter of like 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck on finding a place... you were saying Scottsdale/Tempe/Mesa-ish, IIRC?
[Reply]
Fish 10:30 PM 03-04-2022
Wasn't sure what to expect. Unique taste. But I didn't really like it.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:45 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wasn't sure what to expect. Unique taste. But I didn't really like it.
I saw a 4 pack today, debated, but didn't grab it (I also have an absurd amount of beer sitting at home, too :-)).

I am curious about this one, given their Magic Drip several months ago....

Pinkies out for this barrel-aged stout 🍷 👌
This limited release is a Double Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout that spent time in whiskey & Ruby Port wine barrels, making it the stout that we've all been dreaming of. Dropping on shelves over the next few weeks. https://t.co/WBgbICbzUh pic.twitter.com/aQGlH52oyp

— Boulevard Brewing Co. (@Boulevard_Beer) February 28, 2022

[Reply]
Fish 11:25 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I saw a 4 pack today, debated, but didn't grab it (I also have an absurd amount of beer sitting at home, too :-)).

I am curious about this one, given their Magic Drip several months ago....

Shameless admission, I've never been a big fan of stouts, especially imperial. I've tried many. Give me a hoppy IPA, and I'm all about it. Don't really like much malt in my beer though. Lately I've been experimenting with more sours than anything else.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:31 AM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Can I borrow $20?

Damn dude, congrats! :-) The market is insane, was just talking to a realtor the other day who said people are bypassing inspections on top of paying cash, so shit's getting done in a matter of like 2 or 3 weeks.

Good luck on finding a place... you were saying Scottsdale/Tempe/Mesa-ish, IIRC?
Its definitely wild on the PHX buy side and I've added several degrees of difficultly by breaking my leg. I can't travel so I'll likely not see the home in person until after we buy it. We have a solid team and strategy in place though so I'm hopeful it will be as seamless as possible.

We're looking in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and even as far southeast as Queen Creek. I love the amenities of a city like Chicago but am ready for the deep suburban life.

I'll definitely miss the beer scene here but am planning to shift my focus to building out a home brewery and outdoor kitchen with the added space I'll have (not that PHX/AZ doesn't have great beer). Plus road trips to San Diego.

Also had my last Half Acre Benthic Extra Dubl last night :sad:

[Reply]
lewdog 08:41 AM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I think it's time for a get together over by Lewdog.

What place?

I'm interested in expanding my beer palate. Sone of these recent beers looks great.

I'll bring the cigars
I don’t drink anymore.
[Reply]
scho63 09:13 AM 03-05-2022
I don’t drink anymore.
What did I miss? :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 AM 03-05-2022
Its definitely wild on the PHX buy side and I've added several degrees of difficultly by breaking my leg. I can't travel so I'll likely not see the home in person until after we buy it. We have a solid team and strategy in place though so I'm hopeful it will be as seamless as possible.

We're looking in Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and even as far southeast as Queen Creek. I love the amenities of a city like Chicago but am ready for the deep suburban life.

I'll definitely miss the beer scene here but am planning to shift my focus to building out a home brewery and outdoor kitchen with the added space I'll have (not that PHX/AZ doesn't have great beer). Plus road trips to San Diego.

Also had my last Half Acre Benthic Extra Dubl last night :sad:
Get a 360 camera and VR... that should be the next big thing, house showings from the couch.

Yeah, being ~5-6 hours from San Diego and LA is pretty great... almost take it for granted, really.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:32 PM 03-12-2022
Another day, another fandango.

[Reply]
KCUnited 02:56 PM 03-18-2022
Congrats to you!

Time to pool party soon!
Bring your trunks and landscaping advice, I just bought a house today.

Side note, I'm allso hearing good things about Caldwell County BBQ in Gilbert if anyone can corroborate. before I get my hopes up.

Riverlands BA Orbital Velocity to celebrate.

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:11 PM 03-18-2022
Bring your trunks and landscaping advice, I just bought a house today.

Side note, I'm allso hearing good things about Caldwell County BBQ in Gilbert if anyone can corroborate. before I get my hopes up.

Riverlands BA Orbital Velocity to celebrate.
Congrats! :-)

We'll have to do a Phoenix meet up when you're settled. Beer looks amazing, too.

Probably best to continue setting the bar low for Arizona BBQ and then potentially be pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
scho63 06:25 PM 03-18-2022
Little Miss BBQ in Phoenix - one of the best in the US !
[Reply]
Page 345 of 383
« First < 245295335341342343344345 346347348349355 > Last »
Up