ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 80
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:08 PM 03-01-2021
There have been some other signs, like the early commitment of four-star SLUH defensive back Isaac Thompson. But the clearest signal that Drinkwitz not only plans to, but might actually be capable of, recruiting at a level Mizzou fans have never seen came Sunday with the commitment of four-star Georgia quarterback Sam Horn
The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder is ranked as the 6th best pro-style quarterback and the No. 79 overall prospect in the country in the recently updated 2022 Rivals250. He claims SEC offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee and Vandy. He also lists programs such as West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Florida State as having offered.

Horn is, to put it bluntly, the type of prospect that doesn't commit to Missouri. I don't mean he's the type of prospect that rarely commits to Missouri. I mean he is the type that doesn't. Ever. At least nobody like him ever has.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:37 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Nice article on Rivals about Drinkwitz recruiting. Too long to copy and paste, plus some charts that wouldn't carry over well. Here's the link if anyone is interested. I'll post a couple of quotes in a minute.

https://missouri.rivals.com/news/hor...zou-recruiting
That article says Mizzou once signed the #1 QB prospect in the country...who was that?
Oh Gabbert duh.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:43 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by crispystl:
That article says Mizzou once signed the #1 QB prospect in the country...who was that?
Mauk maybe?
[Reply]
kepp 11:45 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Mauk maybe?
It says he was from Missouri, so maybe Lock? Was Lock even a 5 star though? I don't remember.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:59 AM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by kepp:
It says he was from Missouri, so maybe Lock? Was Lock even a 5 star though? I don't remember.
Lock was a 4 *, IIRC. Gabbert was the 5*.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:05 PM 03-02-2021
It's crazy what Drink is doing in the limited time he's been here. Outside of Cuonzo and his lucky ass first recruiting class, I've never been more impressed with a Mizzou coach in recruiting.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:39 AM 05-26-2021
What's with all of the defections from the team lately? Jalen Knox has left the team. Before that, at least 2 corners have transferred out. A couple of defensive linemen went to Arkansas to join Odom. There's been more, but I need to look up the details. And most of them are on defense. I would think that hiring a former NFL head coach as the DC would have had defensive players transferring in not out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:37 AM 05-26-2021
The transfers are a little surprising, but they’re all Odom recruits who are upper class men.

I’d suspect at least a few were facing reduced playing time, and the rest just never felt “wanted” by Drink.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:59 AM 05-26-2021
Maybe so Team was making real progress last season. I just hope all of these transfers don't end up setting them back this season.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:12 AM 06-25-2021
Here is a good article that I found talking about the transfer activity by Mizzou football players this year and the net gains and losses by position. Good read, but long. So, I didn't paste the story, just a link.

https://www.rockmnation.com/2021/6/2...ransfer-portal
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:31 PM 06-25-2021
Drinkwitz is really kicking recruiting up to new notches.

He's selling guys on staying home (Mookie Cooper is in those STL guys' ears about how Ohio State wasn't all it was cracked up to be) and has elite guys like Luther Burden and Kevin Coleman seriously considering Mizzou now.

It's looking really possible he holds the current top 20 recruiting class and like a decent chance for him to even flirt with the top 10.

It's not just in-state success, either. They're selling more effectively to higher profile guys outside MO, too.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:42 PM 06-25-2021
Why is there a gay pride logo on the state of Missouri?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:43 PM 06-25-2021
Pretty pleased with the results overall since we dumped Odom. What a fucking disaster that move was.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:46 PM 06-25-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Pretty pleased with the results overall since we dumped Odom. What a ****ing disaster that move was.
I don't really care about baseball success, but Mack Rhoades also passed on Tony Vitello for Steve Beiser, who has just been OK.

Who's Vitello? Currently the coach at Tennessee and formerly the pitching coach at Mizzou who recruited Max Scherzer, Aaron Crow, and Kyle Gibson (among many others who were really good college players).

Rhoades never gave him an honest shot.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:52 PM 06-25-2021
2021 and 2022 fb recruiting classes are ranked 20th. Drink is in on a lot of kids from STL, the type that never even considered Mizzou under Odom (and for the most part Pinkel).
[Reply]
Page 34 of 80
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up