Page 34 of 142
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
WhamBlock 04:02 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
The Ravens game is a poor example. We had just cut Kareem Hunt, Watkins was out, we had our O-line banged up badly, Tyreek hurt his heel early in the game and was hobble for this game and the Chargers game...we still scored 27. We are fully healthy on O now...
Watkins is still banged up, but either way, was held to just 18 yards by Gilmore in week 6 anyways. You still don't have Hunt. Tyreek Hill "hurt" his knee in the Colts game, which will probably have the same effect that it did in the Ravens game - i.e. none.

You scored 24 in regulation.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 04:02 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
JC's speed is going to pay dividends against Hill. He will obviously have safety help over the top, but he will matchup against Hill much better than JMac did.
Its Hills crossing routes that concern me. JC got bit on those a few times vs LA but he still did fine. What a godsend hes been.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 04:05 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Its Hills crossing routes that concern me. JC got bit on those a few times vs LA but he still did fine. What a godsend hes been.
We will probably do what we did last time to combat those crossing routes in the first half. Clog the middle of the field in C1/C3 to limit those crossing routes and drags.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:14 PM 01-15-2019
The Ravens game is a poor example. We had just cut Kareem Hunt, Watkins was out, we had our O-line banged up badly, Tyreek hurt his heel early in the game and was hobble for this game and the Chargers game...we still scored 27. We are fully healthy on O now...
Not only that, but Baltimore also has a considerably better defense. That is by far the best we'll see when it comes to that look.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:16 PM 01-15-2019
Watkins is still banged up, but either way, was held to just 18 yards by Gilmore in week 6 anyways. You still don't have Hunt. Tyreek Hill "hurt" his knee in the Colts game, which will probably have the same effect that it did in the Ravens game - i.e. none.

You scored 24 in regulation.
Watkins was effective Saturday against the colts... Yea, you held him to 18 yards in Week 6 and we scored 31 in the second half. We are in way better shape this week mentally and physically in our running attack than on 12/9 vs. the Ravens with the shocking news of Kareem being cut and our O-line being riddled with injuries. Tyreek's knee is fine, his heel caused him a lot of issues in the Ravens and Chargers game. Maybe you should watch S
Saturday's game again...:-)

Oh, and you ain't the Ravens D... They actually rush the passer and can stop the run...
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:23 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
You're the kind of guy that was in here 2 decades ago and couldn't answer a simple question about an H back.

via GIPHY

Haha this gif always weirds me out since sapho and I are friends with Jillian Bell.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 04:28 PM 01-15-2019
We will probably do what we did last time to combat those crossing routes in the first half. Clog the middle of the field in C1/C3 to limit those crossing routes and drags.
Thats what i'm thinking too.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 04:29 PM 01-15-2019

[Reply]
WhamBlock 04:35 PM 01-15-2019
Watkins was effective Saturday against the colts... Yea, you held him to 18 yards in Week 6 and we scored 31 in the second half. We are in way better shape this week mentally and physically in our running attack than on 12/9 vs. the Ravens with the shocking news of Kareem being cut and our O-line being riddled with injuries. Tyreek's knee is fine, his heel caused him a lot of issues in the Ravens and Chargers game. Maybe you should watch S
Saturday's game again...:-)

Oh, and you ain't the Ravens D... They actually rush the passer and can stop the run...
You did put up 31 in the 2nd half in week 6. Don't expect to see that much Cover 2 again. however. Your offense did virtually nothing in week 6 in the 1st half when we ran our usual C1/C3 defense and disguised our fronts.

The Ravens had a much better run defense than we did this season, so yes, their defense was better overall. However, we have a better secondary than they do, and our pass rush has been more productive. 3rd in the NFL in overall pressures per snap, and top 10 in 4 man pass rush.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 04:43 PM 01-15-2019
The Ravens had a much better run defense than we did this season, so yes, their defense was better overall. However, we have a better secondary than they do, and our pass rush has been more productive. 3rd in the NFL in overall pressures per snap, and top 10 in 4 man pass rush.
You're such a fucking homer. Baltimore is top 10 in total sacks and adjusted sack rate. You clowns are bottom 3 in both.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 04:46 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
You're such a ****ing homer. Baltimore is top 10 in total sacks and adjusted sack rate. You clowns are bottom 3 in both.
It's a good thing that sacks aren't the only thing that factor into QB pressure. For example, on both of Mahomes' INTs in week 6, he was under pressure despite not getting sacked. I'll take a turnover as a result of the opposing QB being under duress over a sack any day of the week.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 04:48 PM 01-15-2019
It's a good thing that sacks aren't the only thing that factor into QB pressure. For example, on both of Mahomes' INTs in week 6, he was under pressure despite not getting sacked. I'll take a turnover as a result of the opposing QB being under duress over a sack any day of the week.
Cherry-pick stats all you want. It is beyond debate that the Patriots' defensive line is among the weaker units in the league.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 04:50 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Cherry-pick stats all you want. It is beyond debate that the Patriots' defensive line is among the weaker units in the league.
That's not cherry-picking stats. We were talking about pressure, and I literally brought up facts about QB pressure. I'm sorry if this doesn't fit your narrative.
[Reply]
SupDock 04:52 PM 01-15-2019
That's not cherry-picking stats. We were talking about pressure, and I literally brought up facts about QB pressure. I'm sorry if this doesn't fit your narrative.
Mahomes is one of the best scrambling QBs in the NFL. Will he turn the ball over? Sure, but I don't think this supports your argument
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 04:53 PM 01-15-2019
Actually, what you said was:

and our pass rush has been more productive [than Baltimore's]
Then you backed it up with cherry-picked stats that fit your narrative that somehow the Patriots' pass rush has been "more productive" than Baltimore's, even though anyone who watches the games would take the Ravens' D-line over New England's 10 times out of 10.

But you do you, Homer Simpson.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 142
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up