ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 61
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:27 AM 07-02-2017
It's definitely a poverty breakfast, but better than a Mickey Ds biscuit sandwich if those are your options...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:28 AM 07-02-2017
The best of the fast foot chains.

I've been the victim of $3it employees at McD's, Taco Bell, Sonic, et. Hardee's is the one place where it seems they hire kids that actually care about their jobs/work....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:37 AM 07-02-2017
I've actually had good luck with the croissanwiches at BK, usually stay pretty flaky. Nothing mindblowing, but better than I expected.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:47 AM 07-02-2017
I'm too lazy to go look, but I think I said earlier in this thread that the best Hardee's I've been to in quite some time is the one on the turnpike on I-70 to the east of Topeka. Everything is always fresh there.
[Reply]
TLO 11:24 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I've actually had good luck with the croissanwiches at BK, usually stay pretty flaky. Nothing mindblowing, but better than I expected.
Generally anything I ever get at Burger King is a disappointment.
[Reply]
notorious 11:32 AM 07-02-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:35 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
yeah - Honestly ditto'ing this - I'm glad Baby Lee likes it though. I'm not out to tell anyone they're wrong for liking an entree at ANY establishment.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:39 AM 07-02-2017
My issue w/ BK sausage is that they don't brown it (hardly at all) - There needs to be at least a little mystery seared out of sausage IMO.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:46 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I ate at Burger King, even though there's one in the food court across the street from my building.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:49 AM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
My issue w/ BK sausage is that they don't brown it (hardly at all) - There needs to be at least a little mystery seared out of sausage IMO.
Unless it's Goolsby's of course - which you all should try to find - I'm not sure it's in Missouri (according to their website) but heck - give Walmart and Costco a call and see. Who knows...? I remember for a while right here in Georgia - our Walmart carried Zarda's beans - lol - never know...
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:46 PM 07-02-2017
don't let this thread die you fat fucks!
[Reply]
srvy 03:36 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
don't let this thread die you fat fucks!
:-)

Only so much you can talk about Hardees. Right before the 4th we are all thinking more about healthy BBQ :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:52 PM 07-02-2017
basically all i've eaten today is three sausage patties.
[Reply]
bigbucks24 05:33 PM 07-02-2017
AS someone that worked for Hardee's for 18 years and now work at another fast food joint for the past 15 years, I can tell you a few things.

Fries are SELDOM refried. Not that it NEVER happens, but adding the salt back into the oil is a big no-no and breaks down the oil quickly. Besides, they come out crappy when you do that. Fries with no salt are are a pain. And yes, they are generally portioned right out of the basket instead of wiping down the fry station. Most fast food restaurants use some sort of holding system for the meat patties. I can't think of a fast food that doesn't assemble your sandwich to order. So taking off the pickles or ketchup gets you the same same quality as everyone else. Getting a burger with no seasoning is a pain too. It requires meat to be cooked separately from the rest and messes up the flow of the restaurant. When it's working correctly, there is a pretty good rhythm to the restaurant and flows out in a timely manner. When 1 order sits for a long while because we are cooking the meat pattie with no seasoning, it makes it challenging. Everyone will do it, but it is a little irritating. No biggie. And for all those people thinking someone is spitting in their food, it is a pretty serious offense to tamper with food. In my 35 years in the business, I've never seen anyone do it or been involved in a case where it was done. PITA customers just aren't worth it. It's fast food, they'll be gone in a few minutes.

Whoever said that the quality of the service depends on the owner is spot on, though it depends on the GM as well. There are great owners and there are awful ones in every brand. And there are generally multiple owners within a metro area.

Any questions you want answered about the QSR segment?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:56 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by bigbucks24:
AS someone that worked for Hardee's for 18 years and now work at another fast food joint for the past 15 years, I can tell you a few things.

Fries are SELDOM refried. Not that it NEVER happens, but adding the salt back into the oil is a big no-no and breaks down the oil quickly. Besides, they come out crappy when you do that. Fries with no salt are are a pain. And yes, they are generally portioned right out of the basket instead of wiping down the fry station. Most fast food restaurants use some sort of holding system for the meat patties. I can't think of a fast food that doesn't assemble your sandwich to order. So taking off the pickles or ketchup gets you the same same quality as everyone else. Getting a burger with no seasoning is a pain too. It requires meat to be cooked separately from the rest and messes up the flow of the restaurant. When it's working correctly, there is a pretty good rhythm to the restaurant and flows out in a timely manner. When 1 order sits for a long while because we are cooking the meat pattie with no seasoning, it makes it challenging. Everyone will do it, but it is a little irritating. No biggie. And for all those people thinking someone is spitting in their food, it is a pretty serious offense to tamper with food. In my 35 years in the business, I've never seen anyone do it or been involved in a case where it was done. PITA customers just aren't worth it. It's fast food, they'll be gone in a few minutes.

Whoever said that the quality of the service depends on the owner is spot on, though it depends on the GM as well. There are great owners and there are awful ones in every brand. And there are generally multiple owners within a metro area.

Any questions you want answered about the QSR segment?

I almost always order my burger and fries both sans seasoning. Sorry, but it's gotta be done.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 61
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up