ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 88
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
oldman 07:24 AM 10-24-2022
I saw a little of his presser last night. He looks like a guy that just doesn't want to be there. Too bad Tommyboy, your supermodel wife, worth more money than you, will soon be swapping body fluids with (name a celeb or celebs).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:26 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol, they just lost to the Steelers and Panthers in back to back weeks.

They're done.
This is definitely worse, but I thought they were pretty bad after that Bears loss back in 2020.

Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I have been burned too many times on this to count Tom gone until the moment he hangs up the cleats and doesn't report for Weeks 1-18 of a football season.

The dude lost 3-34 against the Saints his first year in TB and threw a worse interception than Tebow or Palko EVER did. I stood sentry as Mahomes guided him to retirement when Hill got 269 yards in that season while we laughed at Romo saying that TB "finally figured it out" in garbage time after falling to like, 6-5 or whatever they were.

No. I will not count out what super HGH, a blood seance, and help from the refs could still do for Tom at this stage. I mean, how many threads have we made here in the last ten years dancing on Tom's NFL grave and saying he is finally done.

It is not over for this guy until it is OVER.
Yeah, the NFC is horrible this year. The Bucs will likely still win their division, and who will stop them in the playoffs? The Seahawks? Vikings? Eagles look to be the best bet but if the Bucs can somehow steal the #2 seed, they may not have to face them until the NFCCG.

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Still convinced that he didn’t need the preseason? :-) You idiots that were acting like he could just coast with his “superior talent” and didn’t need training camp are looking pretty dumb now. Anyone who understands how much work goes into each game knew this was coming. If Brady thinks he’s good enough to coast to the playoffs without putting in the effort he used to put in, he’ll continue to get owned by XFL level QB’s.
We're 8 weeks into the season. The whole "they needed to make use of preseason" arguments die out by week 4 at the absolute latest.

It appears to be more than that. It's the missing every Wednesday, missing Friday before gameday to go to Kraft's wedding, WR injuries, OL sucks, defense is not nearly as good as advertised, maybe the divorce is affecting Tom in some way..
[Reply]
oldman 07:38 AM 10-24-2022
Forgotten in the mix are the Giants and Cowboys. G-men are 6-1 and the Boys are 5-2.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:46 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. But he still has the easiest schedule known to mankind and are still winning their division. If he shows up for work and puts in a Peter Gibbons level effort he’s still going to the playoffs and will then show up for work in a real way.
Ironic how he feasted for years on a weak ass AFC East and then as soon as the division started to get tough he bailed for a team in another weak ass division.

At least it's not working out so well for him now with a fading team and his fading skills and his apparent fading interest.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:00 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Forgotten in the mix are the Giants and Cowboys. G-men are 6-1 and the Boys are 5-2.
Yeah, they look solid thus far, but only one team can win that division and that team will likely take the #1 seed. The others will be fighting for the #5 and #6 seeds.

Plus the Cowboys have played the Bucs twice in the last two years, with a healthy Dak, and have not been able to beat them. Maybe next time will be different, but I won't hold my breath.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:02 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, they look solid thus far, but only one team can win that division and that team will likely take the #1 seed. The others will be fighting for the #5 and #6 seeds.

Plus the Cowboys have played the Bucs twice in the last two years, with a healthy Dak, and have not been able to beat them. Maybe next time will be different, but I won't hold my breath.
Dallas Defense is legit.. They get fucking sacks. Offense shouldn't of let Amari go tho.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:06 AM 10-24-2022
And, yeah, I will just never discount how unfathomably lucky this man is.

Guy's played in 3 seasons worth of postseason games and his defenses have only given up more than 30 points 5 times.

The Tuck Rule, 28-3, coin flip in the AFCCG @ KC, Malcolm Butler's goal line INT, Jared Cook's fumble in the 2020 Divisional , defense only gives up 3 points vs the Rams in the 2018 SB, Chiefs entire OL dies before the 2020 SB, Cam Akers trying to fumble the game away in the 2021 Divisional.

He's rarely been on the losing side of lucky postseason plays. Only ones I can think of are whenever he plays against Eli and the Brandon Graham FF in the 2017 SB.
[Reply]
Spott 08:19 AM 10-24-2022
And, yeah, I will just never discount how unfathomably lucky this man is.

Guy's played in 3 seasons worth of postseason games and his defenses have only given up more than 30 points 5 times.

The Tuck Rule, 28-3, coin flip in the AFCCG @ KC, Malcolm Butler's goal line INT, Jared Cook's fumble in the 2020 Divisional , defense only gives up 3 points vs the Rams in the 2018 SB, Chiefs entire OL dies before the 2020 SB, Cam Akers trying to fumble the game away in the 2021 Divisional.

He's rarely been on the losing side of lucky postseason plays. Only ones I can think of are whenever he plays against Eli and the Brandon Graham FF in the 2017 SB.
There was another playoff game when the Ravens WR dropped a perfect pass from Flacco in the end zone that would have won them the game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:22 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
There was another playoff game when the Ravens WR dropped a perfect pass from Flacco in the end zone that would have won them the game.
Was that the Lee Evans game? IIRC, I believe he dropped two TDs that day, but I could be remembering wrong.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:23 AM 10-24-2022
And I even forgot about the Dee Ford offsides/Chris Jones RTP calls in the AFCCG A KC lol

Guy has a fucking horseshoe lodged firmly up his ass.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:29 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Dallas Defense is legit.. They get fucking sacks. Offense shouldn't of let Amari go tho.
Dallas defense is really good, I agree. Their team is solid.

I'm not sure about the Giants yet. I think I've read that all of their wins are by one score. That sort of luck is likely to run out at some point.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:01 AM 10-24-2022
Dallas defense is really good, I agree. Their team is solid.

I'm not sure about the Giants yet. I think I've read that all of their wins are by one score. That sort of luck is likely to run out at some point.
Damn they for stealing Kafka away from us!
[Reply]
scho63 10:29 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't trust the Cowboys and the Giants have played weak teams.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 10-24-2022
oh nice

#putthatshiton with me

Proceeds going to charities supporting America’s fatherless kidshttps://t.co/ZLJLxiiQXg pic.twitter.com/NnTmbiUtYb

— AB (@AB84) October 25, 2022

[Reply]
jd1020 08:12 PM 10-24-2022
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 34 of 88
« First < 243031323334 353637384484 > Last »
Up