Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
Chieftain 07:15 AM 03-09-2022
Wilson would still be the 3rd best qb in the division. Nobody can dispute this. Donk show still have many holes on the O Line and D Line, something they can't fix in the draft because they won't have high round picks in the next couple of years. They will be more competitive and even sneak into the playoffs but that's as far as it gets.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:18 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Wilson would still be the 3rd best qb in the division. Nobody can dispute this. Donk show still have many holes on the O Line and D Line, something they can't fix in the draft because they won't have high round picks in the next couple of years. They will be more competitive and even sneak into the playoffs but that's as far as it gets.
Wilson is number one or number two get that Herbert/Carr s*** out of here.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:22 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Herbert has certainly had a hell of a start to his career... hell, he's my dynasty QB. That being said, it's silly to just paint Wilson as the default #3.

I mean, if we're just judging by passing yards and passing TDs ... fine, I'll give Herbert the edge. The deal with these QBs is more than stats, it's their ability to get wins - that's what matters.

Chargers are improving and Herbert has a hell of a future... 3rd best in this division is still going to be better than most out there. Chargers are still in the prove it phase.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 07:31 AM 03-09-2022
The typical career path of a good NFL quarterback has him improving in his first years, maintaining a high level in his middle years, then declining in his final years.

Wilson is not still in his improvement years. He may be in his middle years, but the decline phase is approaching if he is still in those middle years.

Herbert is almost certainly still in his improvement years.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 07:33 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly my point. Since he was brought in to counter Mahomes.
That’s a weird way of looking at it, IMHO. If Wilson was brought in to counter anyone other than opposing defenses, I’d have to question the experience of those who brought him in.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:37 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The typical career path of a good NFL quarterback has him improving in his first years, maintaining a high level in his middle years, then declining in his final years.

Wilson is not still in his improvement years. He may be in his middle years, but the decline phase is approaching if he is still in those middle years.

He's definitely in the "2nd 10 years" of his career... doesn't mean he sucks. :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:56 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:

Yeah Tom Brady really declined Aaron Rodgers is really in decline. Peyton Manning really declined that last year when he won a Super Bowl with a great defense. John Elway really decline those last two years of his career where he won back-to-back Super Bowls. Respectfully your post is b*******
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:58 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
That’s a weird way of looking at it, IMHO. If Wilson was brought in to counter anyone other than opposing defenses, I’d have to question the experience of those who brought him in.
It's like a bomb went off and some of them were too close to the blast and they are in a daze
[Reply]
TEX 08:24 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
Believe what you want.
[Reply]
TEX 08:28 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It's like a bomb went off and some of them were too close to the blast and they are in a daze
Not really. It's more like some think it's a much bigger blast than what it is. There are good bomb shelters out there and KC has one.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:42 AM 03-09-2022
Yeah Tom Brady really declined Aaron Rodgers is really in decline. Peyton Manning really declined that last year when he won a Super Bowl with a great defense. John Elway really decline those last two years of his career where he won back-to-back Super Bowls. Respectfully your post is b*******

Uhh yeah, Manning and Elway were downright Dilfer-like when they won Super Bowls
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:48 AM 03-09-2022
Jeff Chadiha was on the radio this morning talking about how the broncos are now super bowl contenders. He was gushing about their defense, receivers, running backs, and offensive line. I think he loves being the anti-chiefs guy on the radio in KC.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:49 AM 03-09-2022
Respectfully kill yourself
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:50 AM 03-09-2022
Well, you all were shooting for Rodgers and that fell through and right after that the announcement came on Wilson, so you settled on him for the backup plan.

I think it kind of caught everyone off guard a bit, but I actually suggested it in the Donk repository back in the beg. of Feb. and stated it made more sense than going after Rodgers, but Denver seemed committed to chasing him.

Short term you would be better with Rodgers, but long term Wilson is probably the better play. The contract is certainly more attractive as well.

And he's CLEARLY the best thing you all have had at QB since pre-2015 Manning.

At least our games will be interesting again . . . . .
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:50 AM 03-09-2022
I'll tell you one thing, Veach is going to have to work some magic this offseason. The Chiefs won't have a single easy win in the division next year, which will be a good thing come playoff time but also requires the roster to be in tip top condition. We also need the coaching staff on the same page which they clearly weren't for a large portion of last year. That's not going to fly again.

We're not head and shoulders above everyone anymore. We need to land a legit top flight edge rusher and dangerous #2 WR to keep ourselves on top of things. I'm baffled that some of you are trying to pretend Denver trading for Russell Wilson is no big deal. This division is now without question the most brutal in all of football by a wide margin. Chiefs need to go out and get a few more big time playmakers on both sides of the ball.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 66
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up