ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 338 of 469
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342348388438 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:22 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Don’t you want to see if Isbel is an actual MLB player?

Can’t find that out on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. Rather have a gold glove CF. That helps the young pitchers more than anything.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Well that's a relief if it's the truth
When I saw he finished the AB I figured that might be the case.

If it's an oblique or intercostal, letting him take another swing could've taken it from a 3 week injury to an 8 week injury. You do NOT play around with those.

Then again, Matheny is an idiot...
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:41 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When I saw he finished the AB I figured that might be the case.

If it's an oblique or intercostal, letting him take another swing could've taken it from a 3 week injury to an 8 week injury. You do NOT play around with those.

Then again, Matheny is an idiot...
I was pretty pissed last night when they had runners on 2nd and 3rd and Matheny pinch hit with Rooker for Pratto and then Taylor for Isbel.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:01 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I was pretty pissed last night when they had runners on 2nd and 3rd and Matheny pinch hit with Rooker for Pratto and then Taylor for Isbel.
Look, I hate Matheny as much as most on here, but in all fairness to him the Twins brought in a lefty who typically shuts down lefties hard (only hitting .173 against him) and Pratto is a big K candidate right there. Don't have a huge issue with him PHing Rooker for Pratto there and honestly, Taylor vs. Thielbar is a much better matchup for the Royals than Isbel there.

Those moves are both defensible.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:16 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Look, I hate Matheny as much as most on here, but in all fairness to him the Twins brought in a lefty who typically shuts down lefties hard (only hitting .173 against him) and Pratto is a big K candidate right there. Don't have a huge issue with him PHing Rooker for Pratto there and honestly, Taylor vs. Thielbar is a much better matchup for the Royals than Isbel there.

Those moves are both defensible.
Our goal is not to win, its to get the young guys experience. Like when Ned used to leave Esky in instead of using a PH in a high leverage at bat. To win the game that's the wrong call, but in the long term with a locker room full of young guys its smart.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:19 AM 08-16-2022
Nate Eaton has been more valuable for this team in 39 ABs than Witt Jr has been in 411 ABs.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:47 AM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Our goal is not to win, its to get the young guys experience. Like when Ned used to leave Esky in instead of using a PH in a high leverage at bat. To win the game that's the wrong call, but in the long term with a locker room full of young guys its smart.
Disagree.

Now that the young guys are all up (for the most part) and the youth movement has clearly taken hold, you have 2 goals: get them experience and establish a winning culture. You don't have to sacrifice one to accomplish the other. Now, is Matheny the guy to do that? I would argue no. But he's here and we're stuck with him for now (at least till end of season), so try to accomplish both of those goals the best way that you can.

I would not have had an issue had he left Pratto in there (get him more experience against lefties in a 'clutch' situation) to hit, but Isbel is a part time player (4th/5th OF type). We pretty much know what he is. If Taylor gets a hit there and ties up the game (or takes the lead), to me the chance to win that game for all the young guys that are up here playing and trying to establish a winning culture is worth more than one more Isbel at bat.

If we were talking someone like Melendez or Vinnie (or even Pratto, for that matter) then I get it. But you don't sacrifice potential wins for a guy like Isbel. (Nothing against him personally)
[Reply]
PHOG 12:07 PM 08-16-2022
I understood both moves, the guy is deadly vs LH batters. I didn't like it, but understood it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:16 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Nate Eaton has been more valuable for this team in 39 ABs than Witt Jr has been in 411 ABs.
He’s hitting .205 and striking out 1/3 of the time :-)
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:21 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He's a fucking idiot.

Did you see where he asked how we know that Witt Jr. has a higher ceiling than the other rookies, because he's convinced now that Witt is our worst rookie and has less talent than every other rookie on the team.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:24 PM 08-16-2022
He's a fucking idiot.

Did you see where he asked how we know that Witt Jr. has a higher ceiling than the other rookies, because he's convinced now that Witt is our worst rookie and has less talent than every other rookie on the team.
Sadly he made me look up Witts FG page. He’s likely ending up 2.5-3.0 fWAR as a 22 year old. FG scouting report said he’s a Trevor Story clone and looking at his page too, it’s essentially a carbon copy

Story is a consistent 3-5 war guy so yeah, I’ll take that anyway.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:55 PM 08-16-2022
Hoz contract is bad but let’s talk Mike Moustinkas. 4/64 deal with Cinci. In year 3 he’s combined to return -0.5 fWAR, or worth -$3.9M. Good signing.

After he’s cut, I believe Hoz and Sal will be the only major leaguers left from 2015. If we include late add Cueto possibly a third, but he will be 37 and a FA. Likely retiring.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:21 PM 08-16-2022
Big Vin is back in the lineup!

#Royals and Twins game 2 with Greinke and Gray on the hill. Pregame at 6. pic.twitter.com/3gP7YWziB2

— Joel Goldberg (@goldbergkc) August 16, 2022

[Reply]
BWillie 03:10 PM 08-16-2022
He's a ****ing idiot.

Then you are in disagreement in wins above replacement. Eaton is out performing Witt Jr so far this year. I expect if Witt Jr gets moved to 3B his dwar would not suffer as much but as of this season, it is what it is. No reason to get upset over it. Witt Jr has alot of offensive potential.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:11 PM 08-16-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He is. But he's been a defensive wizard in the OF.
[Reply]
Page 338 of 469
« First < 238288328334335336337338 339340341342348388438 > Last »
Up