ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 336 of 352
« First < 236286326332333334335336 337338339340346 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:07 PM 04-14-2022
The x man
[Reply]
DJay23 06:27 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
On that topic. Name 1 overrated player and 1 underrated player.

Probably have to base this on the opinions of average fans. Most of us follow the team closely enough that we have pretty strong justification for our opinions.

For me, it’s:

Overrated: Perry Ellis. He was fine, but very limited and not really great at anything. Super soft rebounder. Always struggled with great athletes.

Underrated: Tyshawn Taylor. The turnovers were bad, but when he was under control he was unstoppable at attacking the basket. Underrated defender too. When he left Kansas, only Tyshawn, Kirk Hinrich, and Darnell Valentine had 1,400 points, 500 assists, and 150 steals in their KU careers.
Underrated: Aaron Miles. Can the school's all time assist leader be underrated? I feel like you don't hear his name very often when talking about great KU players. He was a tremendous pass first point guard, which I appreciate.

Overrated: Kelly Oubre. He had a ton of hype surrounding him and I never felt like he lived up to it. Admittedly I barely remember him or when he even played at KU.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:01 PM 04-14-2022
Luke Axtell
Lester Earl
Bryant Nash
Moulaye Niang
Alex Galindo

In no particular order
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:03 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
1. Perry Ellis
2. JR Giddens
3. Nadir Tharpe
4. Xavier Henry
5. Cliff Alexander
I know you're trolling, but Perry, Tharpe and Henry were good productive players for KU.

Especially Perry. We bag on him hard, but he was a goddamned good player for us.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:28 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Especially Perry. We bag on him hard, but he was a goddamned good player for us.

[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:33 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
1. Perry Ellis
2. JR Giddens
3. Nadir Tharpe
4. Xavier Henry
5. Cliff Alexander
How could you leave CJ Giles off the list?
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:37 PM 04-14-2022
You are all way too young or every one of you would be saying Danny Manning.

Originally Posted by BDj23:
Luke Axtell
Lester Earl
Bryant Nash
Moulaye Niang
Alex Galindo

In no particular order

my first class at KU was a summer Composition class and Lester Earl was in it and in less than one day he cracked me up about ten times. I didn't know who he was, he was hilarious. too bad he threw that weed out the window when the cops were chasing him.

Luke Axtell was an insane drunk and I saw him get kicked out of the Yacht Club numerous times. Strong rumors he got a bad STD
[Reply]
BWillie 08:00 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I know you're trolling, but Perry, Tharpe and Henry were good productive players for KU.

Xavier Henry was really, really good. I'd say arguably better than Wiggins (at least in college).

Henry EFG% at KU was 55.5% vs Wiggins who was 49.9%.

13.4 PPG, 42% from 3, 46% from the field.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:02 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Xavier Henry was really, really good. I'd say arguably better than Wiggins (at least in college).

Henry EFG% at KU was 55.5% vs Wiggins who was 49.9%.

13.4 PPG, 42% from 3, 46% from the field.
There's no arguably about it. He was much better. Good defender too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:07 PM 04-14-2022
I still think of the Perry Ellis era as basically the dark ages of Self's tenure at KU. Guy was as soft as it gets. Though I can admit that he was quite a good offensive player and if he was put around other complementary players that defended at a high level, I think they would have won more.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:30 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Luke Axtell
Lester Earl
Bryant Nash
Moulaye Niang
Alex Galindo

In no particular order
Ooooohhhh, Luke Axtell, thats a good one.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:35 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

my first class at KU was a summer Composition class and Lester Earl was in it and in less than one day he cracked me up about ten times. I didn't know who he was, he was hilarious. too bad he threw that weed out the window when the cops were chasing him.

Luke Axtell was an insane drunk and I saw him get kicked out of the Yacht Club numerous times. Strong rumors he got a bad STD
Forgot about Luke Axtell. What a waste of talent. Started off so promising and then did the most puzzling transfer ever after growing up in Austin and then coming to KU to get half as many minutes and get worse every single year. Dude had to have a screw loose in the head.

Luke Axtell could have been good. Eric Chenowith never was - it wasn't Chenowiths fault. He never was a efficient scorer. His 2FG was always shit but the media wanted to anoint him as this up and coming center. It had nothing to do with Dave Matthews Band.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:22 PM 04-14-2022
I've told this story before but recently, okay in the last decade, I saw Danny Carey at a bar watching party for KU and went up to him to tell him I love Tool. He was the nicest guy. Eric Chenowith was there as he's friends with Danny. He told everyone at the bar that he was Jeff Carey, trying to hide his true identity. I looked at him with a half cocked smile and was like okay man. Like I didn't see him ALSO get kicked out of numerous bars. You can't hide, dude. We know what Jeff Carey looks like. Soft. To this day.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:28 PM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

I mean if we can go further back than Roy, what about Wilt?
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:37 PM 04-14-2022
Excellent because I'm drunk and telling stories I worked at Alvamar as a waiter when Wilt came back.

EVERYONE was there. When I walked in my idiot manager said okay James you are going to wait on Wilt tonight but if you actually call him Bombaata you're fired.

I talked a lot of game how funny it would be to call him that but I pussed out in the end. That was a great weekend for Kansas btw

edit: seeing him say Rock Chalk Jayhawk in that pregame footage still gives me chills
[Reply]
Page 336 of 352
« First < 236286326332333334335336 337338339340346 > Last »
Up