View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 336 of 343
« First < 236286326332333334335336 337338339340 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Holladay 11:11 PM 03-14-2023
Yep, his dad told him to play LT for the money.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:12 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Schefter said you better get your money on the first day of free agency or the price starts going down over time. Gonna be hilarious if Orlando ends up with less money than the Chiefs offered him. What a dipshit.
I was just going to post something along these lines.

Guys that get TOP money are signed or "agree" to sign before the official opening of FA. Very unlikely he gets anywhere near what the Chiefs offered to be our LT.

Sounds like he may not even get an offer to be a LT. If he is eventually signed as a RT he may not get a better offer than Jawaan Taylor did.

Ooof!

I liked the guy, the team liked the guy. For a very nice but reasonable contract, most of us would have been good with him staying.
He could have played the "I took less to stay" card and been a Chiefs legend.

Fact is, he wasnt good enough to command the top money. BUT he was good enough.

Great move by Veach and we will end up better for less!! Boom
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't see it happening.
Neither do I, but there's a shot.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:25 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Neither do I, but there's a shot.
It would be the biggest slice of humble pie ever. I would be impressed if Orlando is able to set aside his ego and stay with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:25 PM 03-14-2023
brown is a Big pIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!
[Reply]
JPH83 01:44 AM 03-15-2023
He's f***ed himself hasn't he? I actually think it's a shame. As much as I hated him at the start of the year he came on strong. I don't think Taylor ends up being a better LT at all, at least I don't think it's likely. I did think he'd be cheaper, and that would be the win. I dunno now. But this is on OBJ not Veach. He inflated his value and asked for too much. OK, bye, let's see what you get elsewhere. I like Brown, seems a good dude and played better than he's given credit for...but what a dipshit.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:27 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's f***ed himself hasn't he? I actually think it's a shame. As much as I hated him at the start of the year he came on strong. I don't think Taylor ends up being a better LT at all, at least I don't think it's likely. I did think he'd be cheaper, and that would be the win. I dunno now. But this is on OBJ not Veach. He inflated his value and asked for too much. OK, bye, let's see what you get elsewhere. I like Brown, seems a good dude and played better than he's given credit for...but what a dipshit.
He did not hold out though. He signed the tag perhaps even against the advice of his agent. He also was not a distraction. He balked at the Chiefs offer last year and clearly that struck a chord with Veach. It is clear a bridge appears to be burned. That's a shame. Good player, good teammate, and that's all she wrote.

Orlando played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. Don't mess with the wizard that is Brett Veach. He knows more than anyone.

(It does crack me up the other GM's sided with Veach though. They weren't about to let Veach make them look stupid like he so often has. The wizard!)
[Reply]
Warpaint69 05:33 AM 03-15-2023
OBJ came on strong only after they made an adjustment to widened his split and started sending chip help. Much of the season he and Wylie were hot garbage against speed rushers.
[Reply]
JPH83 05:58 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
OBJ came on strong only after they made an adjustment to widened his split and started sending chip help. Much of the season he and Wylie were hot garbage against speed rushers.
He's never been great against speed, he never will be, no doubt. But with that occasional help he was more than passable imo, and excellent against power. If I was a betting man i wouldn't bet on Taylor being better at LT. But if he's above average and we improve at RT without breaking the bank, it seems a win
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 AM 03-15-2023
Way back when we first heard he was going to be available, I scoffed at the idea. I didn't think he was a good fit at all.

I still don't. He was always a bit of a square peg in KC.

Then the fiasco last off-season where he waited until the last minute to hire a newbie agent and made the comment that he was confident a deal would get done because, " This isn't the year to go into the season with a back-up at left tackle" really pissed me off. He really thought he had Veach over a barrel.

Business is business, but he wasn't operating in good faith and that kind of shit doesn't sit right with me. Be straight up with people. That was shitty.

I'm glad Veach stuck to his guns, and I hate to say I told you so, but...(wait, no I'm not. What is CP FOR, except to say I told you so?! LOL)
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:10 AM 03-15-2023
I can't remember anyone fumbling the bag quite this bad.

15 helped him out tremendously with scrambling ability, because if he was a statue, Orlando would have had horrific sack numbers.

The league clearly views him as a right tackle. His stance that he's a left tackle is likely going to change over the next few weeks while he tries to get some type of bag.

Veach handled this beautifully. He knew the landscape and wasn't going to be a prisoner of the moment because of the Super Bowl.

Regardless, I'd have massive concerns that the guy who had one of the worst athletic profiles coming out of college stayed hungry when already has won a Super Bowl and got paid. I don't think he's going to age well in the NFL.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:23 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Way back when we first heard he was going to be available, I scoffed at the idea. I didn't think he was a good fit at all.

I still don't. He was always a bit of a square peg in KC.

Then the fiasco last off-season where he waited until the last minute to hire a newbie agent and made the comment that he was confident a deal would get done because, " This isn't the year to go into the season with a back-up at left tackle" really pissed me off. He really thought he had Veach over a barrel.

Business is business, but he wasn't operating in good faith and that kind of shit doesn't sit right with me. Be straight up with people. That was shitty.

I'm glad Veach stuck to his guns, and I hate to say I told you so, but...(wait, no I'm not. What is CP FOR, except to say I told you so?! LOL)
No chance the rest of the league didn't take that into account as well. Legit think the best path forward is to get rid of that agent while there's still teams with holes at OT and cap space to give him.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 06:42 AM 03-15-2023
He's never been great against speed, he never will be, no doubt. But with that occasional help he was more than passable imo, and excellent against power. If I was a betting man i wouldn't bet on Taylor being better at LT. But if he's above average and we improve at RT without breaking the bank, it seems a win
I have to disagree with passable, you also don't pay out big money for passable play. Andy and Pat did as good as job as possible to help OBJ with his obvious warts as a pass protector. In the grand scope of things those issues were really limiting on game planning to push the ball down the field. If Brown wasn't giving up a quick pressure it was Wylie. He's a right tackle and as someone else said he's going to continue to struggle with speed rushers. As far as Taylor he has the athletic ability to play the position, he has wayyy more ability to get out into space in blocking concepts.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:45 AM 03-15-2023
Juwan Taylor is AT LEAST as good as OBJ at left tackle and a far more athletic player. If you need scheme and a RB chip to handle a type of player - not a specific player mind you, just one TYPE - then you aren’t worth top money. Period.

Taylor is BETTER than OBJ by simply not drawing a line in the sand about playing left tackle. If a better Lt option comes up, we have a very reasonably priced right tackle. By the time Taylor’s cap hit gets big, either he will have proved himself and Thuney is off the books or we can move on with little penalty.

Great signing.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 06:48 AM 03-15-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Juwan Taylor is AT LEAST as good as OBJ at left tackle and a far more athletic player. If you need scheme and a RB chip to handle a type of player - not a specific player mind you, just one TYPE - then you aren’t worth top money. Period.

Taylor is BETTER than OBJ by simply not drawing a line in the sand about playing left tackle. If a better Lt option comes up, we have a very reasonably priced right tackle. By the time Taylor’s cap hit gets big, either he will have proved himself and Thuney is off the books or we can move on with little penalty.

Great signing.
Totally agree. Gives Veach his draft flexibility to go BPA.
[Reply]
Page 336 of 343
« First < 236286326332333334335336 337338339340 > Last »
Up