ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 335 of 352
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:29 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
So who would everyone say is their favorite Jayhawk of all time? Favorite, top 3, top 5 top 10, whatever.

1. Sherron Collins
2. Frank Mason
3. Thomas Robinson
4. Wayne Simien
5. Raef LaFrentz
Mason - I just loved watching that dude play. End.

Chalmers - Dude could make the most surprising plays. It shouldn't have been a surprise when he made the shot. But Jesus dude. That shot.

TROB - Dude took an average 6'9 body and through effort alone made himself the best player in the country not named Davis. You put Robinson in an NBA body....

Aldrich - I'm a sucker for skilled big men. Fuck off. Plus the embarrassment of Handsjob unassailable.

Vaughn - Probably a nostalgia pick here as I was just getting into basketball when he played, so it might be a warped perspective but I'd never seen anyone so smooth with the ball.

I reserve the right to change it. It was really REALLY goddamned hard to get it to 5.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:51 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hard to argue with Roy's team. I'm a sucker for Boschee, but objectively Vaughn is probably better.
Probably unpopular opinion, but I wasn't a huge Vaughn fan. He was a great true point guard, but terrible shooter.
[Reply]
sedated 08:56 AM 04-14-2022
I can't put them in any order so just call it a general top 5, and this has a lot to do with when I was attending KU (1999-2003).

Frank Mason
Thomas Robinson
Sherron Collins
Kirk Hinrich
Nick Collison
Honorable mention to Brandon Rush
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 04-14-2022
Hinrich
Collison
LaFrentz
Collins
Pierce
The Morris Twins
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:18 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Probably unpopular opinion, but I wasn't a huge Vaughn fan. He was a great true point guard, but terrible shooter.
Vaughn was severely overrated. Coming out of HS he was a Parade All-American, so the expectations were that he was one of the best players. He was also the Starting PG on very good KU basketball teams, so he was given accolades out of respect for the team more than anything. He was a good player, but didn't deserve 2nd team All-American honors 2 years in a row.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:39 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Vaughn was severely overrated. Coming out of HS he was a Parade All-American, so the expectations were that he was one of the best players. He was also the Starting PG on very good KU basketball teams, so he was given accolades out of respect for the team more than anything. He was a good player, but didn't deserve 2nd team All-American honors 2 years in a row.
On that topic. Name 1 overrated player and 1 underrated player.

Probably have to base this on the opinions of average fans. Most of us follow the team closely enough that we have pretty strong justification for our opinions.

For me, it’s:

Overrated: Perry Ellis. He was fine, but very limited and not really great at anything. Super soft rebounder. Always struggled with great athletes.

Underrated: Tyshawn Taylor. The turnovers were bad, but when he was under control he was unstoppable at attacking the basket. Underrated defender too. When he left Kansas, only Tyshawn, Kirk Hinrich, and Darnell Valentine had 1,400 points, 500 assists, and 150 steals in their KU careers.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:42 AM 04-14-2022
Favorites:

Mason
Pierce
Gooden
Embiid
Remy Martin

If I were a little older, Manning would definitely be on the list.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 09:48 AM 04-14-2022
In defense of Vaughn, it was a completely different era where different things were expected out of different guys. You found far more guys shoved into a specific role rather than everyone being able to do everything. He's being sold a little bit short, as his Junior year he shot 42% from three(better than mason and graham did their junior years fyi) and his senior year he got injured which hurt his numbers across the board. I'm not saying I would take him over the more modern PGs we have had that can do it all, but criticizing him for his role is kind of like criticizing MJ for being a poor three point shooter. Yes it's technically something you can criticize him for but it was a completely different era that didn't emphasize it, just like players back then rarely did everything at all times.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:54 AM 04-14-2022
Mason was the man.

I went to an ISU game at Allen when Julian Wright played. He made an incredible super athletic move under the basket for a reverse lay-in. I swear I heard the whole field house inhaling in unison to scream - but the ball didn't go in. The roof would have come off if it did.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:01 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Probably right. And objectively Pierce is the play there. He drove the boat on those teams.

But I was a young dumb kid in awe of the way he moved with the ball.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:55 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Probably right. And objectively Pierce is the play there. He drove the boat on those teams.

But I was a young dumb kid in awe of the way he moved with the ball.
Vaughn was super smooth, and a damn good defender. But that shot. :-)

Bill would have loved him.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:22 PM 04-14-2022
No love for Aaron Miles? loved that dude
[Reply]
BWillie 05:35 PM 04-14-2022
Dick vitale love fueled that
[Reply]
BWillie 05:49 PM 04-14-2022
1. Frank Mason and it isnt even close. I hope that guy wants to coach at KU someday
2. Pierce
3. Chalmers
4. Collins
5. Ochai
6. Hinrich

Overrated
1. Joel Embiid. Great NBA player and got alot better but id rather have sooo many guys IN COLLEGE over him.
2. Vaughn
3. Sean Pearson. Shooter who couldn't shoot
4. Dedric Lawson
5. Devonte Graham. Took so many terrible 2-pt shots and always got a free pass.
[Reply]
TLO 05:58 PM 04-14-2022
1. Perry Ellis
2. JR Giddens
3. Nadir Tharpe
4. Xavier Henry
5. Cliff Alexander
[Reply]
Page 335 of 352
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345 > Last »
Up