ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 352
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:07 PM 04-13-2022
Kelly Oubre
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:28 PM 04-13-2022
Mario Chalmers.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:41 PM 04-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I limit mine to who I really watched. Didn't really start watching until Roy and didn't start following carefully game by game until I went there for school (96/97).
I remember starting watching the games around kindergarten. I had speech classes with a big KU fan as my therapist when I was little. She helped me properly pronounce Ostertag lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:58 PM 04-13-2022
I'm going to have to think on getting it to 5.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:04 PM 04-13-2022
1. Sherron "Ain't No Seats" Collins
2. Thomas Robinson
3. Paul Pierce
4. Ochai Agbaji
5. Devonte Graham
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:13 PM 04-13-2022
Here’s one.

What’s your All Bill Self Kansas Team? Roy Williams Kansas Team? Best players to make the best team, not the most accomplished. Assume everyone is healthy and playing at their college peak.

5 starters, 3 bench players

I’ll go first.

Bill Self (I really like the 4 out-1 in, so I’m going with that)

Starters:

Frank Mason
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Josh Jackson
Joel Embiid

Bench:
Devonte Graham
Marcus Morris
Udoka Azubuike

HM: Wayne Simien, Darrell Arthur, Cole Aldrich, Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson, Sherron Collins, Ochai Agbaji

Roy:

Starters:

Jacque Vaughn
Kirk Hinrich
Paul Pierce
Nick Collison
Raef Lafrentz

Bench:
Jeff Boschee
Drew Gooden
Kenny Gregory
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:27 PM 04-13-2022
Julian Wright is probably my favorite but we've had so many.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:00 AM 04-14-2022
Dont think anyone is beating that All Roy team....sick.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:48 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Here’s one.

What’s your All Bill Self Kansas Team? Roy Williams Kansas Team? Best players to make the best team, not the most accomplished. Assume everyone is healthy and playing at their college peak.

I’ll go first.

Starters:

Frank Mason
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Josh Jackson
Joel Embiid

Bench:
Devonte Graham
Marcus Morris
Udoka Azubuike

HM: Wayne Simien, Darrell Arthur, Cole Aldrich, Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson, Sherron Collins, Ochai Agbaji

Roy:

Starters:

Jacque Vaughn
Kirk Hinrich
Paul Pierce
Nick Collison
Raef Lafrentz

Bench:
Jeff Boschee
Drew Gooden
Kenny Gregory
I'd have to go with DA over JJ, move Graham into the starting PG spot over Mason, and move Sherron onto the bench over Mason. ALlso, I might move Ochai into the "4" spot as the starter if we are really going 4 out 1 in or replace Morris with Ochai.

No arguments on the Roy teams.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:54 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJay23:
So who would everyone say is their favorite Jayhawk of all time? Favorite, top 3, top 5 top 10, whatever.

1. Sherron Collins
2. Frank Mason
3. Thomas Robinson
4. Wayne Simien
5. Raef LaFrentz
LaFrentz in today's game would be an amazing stretch 4. He averaged nearly one 3pt made per game in the NBA while taking about 3. Rarely shot 3's in college. Today that would be very different.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:31 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'd have to go with DA over JJ, move Graham into the starting PG spot over Mason, and move Sherron onto the bench over Mason. ALlso, I might move Ochai into the "4" spot as the starter if we are really going 4 out 1 in or replace Morris with Ochai.

No arguments on the Roy teams.
The Self Team is really tough, because we have so much depth at pretty much every spot.

Like you could make an argument for Aldrich, Withey, Embiid, or Doke at center and be correct.

I think Jackson is pretty much the perfect stretch 4. His only weakness was just some inconsistency from 3. I remember watching him defend like 5 different positions against Baylor. Arthur is probably the best pure 4 that we’ve had, and would probably be my starter in a more traditional lineup.

Sherron, Frank, and Devonte are really toss ups. Any 2 would be great. I leaned Frank, because he shot like 50% from 3 his senior year.

Leaving Ochai off was hard. I was trying not to show recency bias or overvalue him as tourney champion/MOP.

That Roy starting lineup is filthy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:37 AM 04-14-2022
The Self Team is really tough, because we have so much depth at pretty much every spot.

Like you could make an argument for Aldrich, Withey, Embiid, or Doke at center and be correct.

I think Jackson is pretty much the perfect stretch 4. His only weakness was just some inconsistency from 3. I remember watching him defend like 5 different positions against Baylor. Arthur is probably the best pure 4 that we’ve had, and would probably be my starter in a more traditional lineup.

Sherron, Frank, and Devonte are really toss ups. Any 2 would be great. I leaned Frank, because he shot like 50% from 3 his senior year.

Leaving Ochai off was hard. I was trying not to show recency bias or overvalue him as tourney champion/MOP.

That Roy starting lineup is filthy.
Honestly, healthy Embiid is the only answer at C. He is head and shoulders better than those other guys, and all those other guys are amazing college players.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:03 AM 04-14-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Honestly, healthy Embiid is the only answer at C. He is head and shoulders better than those other guys, and all those other guys are amazing college players.
I agree. If you have a perimeter loaded with shooters and guys who can score from anywhere, he would be absolutely dominant with space to operate around the basket. There just isn’t a college kid who can D him up 1-on-1.

That game at Iowa State was incredible. Niang looked helpless.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:16 AM 04-14-2022
Here’s one.

I’ll go first.

Starters:

Frank Mason
Mario Chalmers
Brandon Rush
Josh Jackson
Joel Embiid

Bench:
Devonte Graham
Marcus Morris
Udoka Azubuike

Roy:

Starters:

Jacque Vaughn
Kirk Hinrich
Paul Pierce
Nick Collison
Raef Lafrentz

Bench:
Jeff Boschee
Drew Gooden
Kenny Gregory
Hard to argue with Roy's team. I'm a sucker for Boschee, but objectively Vaughn is probably better.

On Self's team, I'm taking TRob at the 4 and I'll die on that hill. Maybe it's dumb, but I'll never forget how hard he played. Arthur might be the pick there, but I'm taking TRob.

I gotta put Sherron on the bench over Devante, but that leaves you pretty small at guard. Probably be fine. Rio can run the 3, probably fine. But as a thought experiment, stick Garrett in there on the bench. You could have a really REALLY fuck you Defensive squad. If you put Rio at the 1, Garrett at the 2, Rush at the 3, TRob at 4, and Embiid at 5, you can roll out 5 stone cold stoppers with really good length everywhere. That's probably not as good of a team, but we haven't really seen Garrett at full power not need to be the initiator of offense. He's not the offensive monster Sherron was (Especially 40 minute Sherron), but you're not sagging off him, and man could he lock bitches down. You bring Garrett off the bench and say, "you're not scoring motherfucker" would be horrifying.

I like Aldrich off the bench instead of Doke, because he was a more skilled big man, plus dude wasn't hurt. I don't think I could roll out 2 injury prone guys, even though Marcus could play the 5.

You're right. Self's run here is incredibly deep.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:18 AM 04-14-2022
I agree. If you have a perimeter loaded with shooters and guys who can score from anywhere, he would be absolutely dominant with space to operate around the basket. There just isn’t a college kid who can D him up 1-on-1.

That game at Iowa State was incredible. Niang looked helpless.
Let's not forget that Niang is an NBA player. Dudes been in the league 6 years and put up 22 min/game for Philly this year.

Embiid is incredible.
[Reply]
Page 334 of 352
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344 > Last »
Up