ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 378
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:22 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
What organization is going to want to bring in LeBron James to be their #2 on a championship contender? Uh, maybe all of them?
Highly doubtful when the organizations start to factor in Klutch and how poisonous they are.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:26 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Highly doubtful when the organizations start to factor in Klutch and how poisonous they are.
So owners are just going to pass up a top 10 player in the NBA and the strong likelihood of a NBA title with his addition to a contender because of Klutch. Yeah, that's not happening.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:26 PM 02-08-2023
Irving will be a major distraction for whatever team has him until he goes full crazy and forces his way out. Lebron and Klutch will systematically destroy the teams long term prospects for literal years after he's gone with abhorrent trades and roster moves they pressure the organization into doing to placate him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:28 PM 02-08-2023
Irving will be a major distraction for whatever team has him until he goes full crazy and forces his way out. Lebron and Klutch will systematically destroy the teams long term prospects for literal years after he's gone with abhorrent trades and roster moves they pressure the organization into doing to placate him.
If you're an owner bringing in a 40-year-old LeBron as a secondary player on a contender, your goals are clearly much more short-term oriented anyway. This is inevitably going to happen and I'm interested to see which team/star he latches on with.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:30 PM 02-08-2023
If you're an owner bringing in a 40-year-old LeBron as a secondary player on a contender, your goals are clearly much more short-term oriented anyway. This is inevitably going to happen and I'm interested to see which team/star he latches on with.
Latching on to other stars to win championships is definitely something he's familiar with.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:31 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Latching on to other stars to win championships is definitely something he's familiar with.
It's something you generally have to be familiar with to win titles in this league over the past two decades, yeah (which again makes the rings argument even more ridiculous). I'm looking forward to when that falls too so we can finally put an end to the charade.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:35 PM 02-08-2023

Michael Jordan sends a message to LeBron James:

“Congratulations to LeBron on this incredible achievement. It’s a testament to his hard work, longevity, and his great skill.”

(h/t @mikejbabcock ) pic.twitter.com/NaSGdmdMGQ

— NBACentral (@TheNBACentral) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 01:40 PM 02-08-2023
You should be arguing statistical peak, not something as silly as team titles. Even though LeBron's peak was similarly high, at least there's a semblance of an argument to be made there.

Of course it comes crashing down too when you look at the totality of their careers now.
No reason to really argue. For the overwhelming majority, that argument ended a long time ago for everybody that isn't under 30 and/or a Lebron stan.

That's why you feel the need to overcompensate, because deep down you know you're in the minority and always will be.

And before you jump your usual "fans don't know any better", this goes for players and coaches (former and current) too along with the media.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 02-08-2023
A team just gave up decent assets to take on Kyrie Irving.

NBA teams give zero fucks about the future or roster building because it mostly doesn't matter.

Get two stars or GTFO. So much of the league is fungible and overpaid. Star players, old or crazy, move the needle.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:41 PM 02-08-2023
It's something you generally have to be familiar with to win titles in this league over the past two decades, yeah (which again makes the rings argument even more ridiculous). I'm looking forward to when that falls too so we can finally put an end to the charade.
Cop out. Giannis Antetokoumpo says hi
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:41 PM 02-08-2023

.@KingJames, congratulations.

You broke a hallowed record and elevated the game forever. Keep it going and keep the faith. pic.twitter.com/PwRdF050Qp

— President Biden (@POTUS) February 8, 2023

[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:42 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yup. I don't even argue about the titles. The eye ball test is all I've ever needed with MJ.
LeBronists think it's the titles. No it's when you name all the greats Lebrons will and determination doesn't measure up. Like i said before his combination of size skills athleticism and IQ and work ethic are unprecedented. That hasn't translated in the finals and I think it's because he doesn't have the same heart as the true greats. I'm sure he tells himself he does
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:44 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No reason to really argue.
I agree. LeBron's career surpassed MJ a long time ago. Even without the numbers, we're probably at around 5 years or so now where it's been obvious. His finals win over a 72 win team probably solidified it.

Originally Posted by :
And before you jump your usual "fans don't know any better", this goes for players and coaches (former and current) too along with the media.
Players and coaches think Brady is the GOAT in football too because he had the benefit of playing on a ridiculous amount of elite teams, it doesn't make them right.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:46 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
Cop out. Giannis Antetokoumpo says hi
There are always exceptions to the rule (which only happened recently because the Warriors fell off). Kawhi Leonard and the Raptors would be a far better one though.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:46 PM 02-08-2023
Meeting Jordan’s expectations are just not possible. It’s likely never gonna be done again. Even the Warriors can’t match the Bulls dynasty and they have 4 in the last 8 seasons.

It’s just too high of a bar to clear. The same can be said about Tom Brady.

I don’t expect Mahomes to ever win 7 Super Bowl’s. 2 is the bar, 3 is puts him right there with Brady and anything more is house money.

LeBron was the best player of his generation. He’s top 10 all time for sure. I’d say top 5 but that’s debateable
[Reply]
Page 33 of 378
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up