ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 125
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:48 AM 08-08-2022
I want to see him break tackles. Sounds like Andy Reid does too.

It was about the only negative that stood out to me when watching his college stuff. He wasn't much of a tackle breaker or a pile mover.

Maybe he is though. Maybe he's changed or maybe i'm just flat out wrong. But it's what i'll be watching for in PS wk 1.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:58 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

It was about the only negative that stood out to me when watching his college stuff. He wasn't much of a tackle breaker or a pile mover.

Maybe he is though. Maybe he's changed or maybe i'm just flat out wrong. But it's what i'll be watching for in PS wk 1.
Here’s what I wonder.

Have we seen him have much of a chance to break tackles passed the LOS? Like in the open field?

Or was he just getting swarmed immediately in college?

I think I remember reading that our backs averaged like 3 yards before first contact. That might not be the right number, but I know we were about the best in the league.

So is it that he doesn’t break tackles? Or was he just facing unrealistic situations?

I’ve only watched the highlights, so I don’t really know.
[Reply]
el borracho 10:06 AM 08-08-2022
I've realized there are no circumstances in which I would offer CEH another contract with the Chiefs. If CEH has another meh year (likely), he won't have earned another contract. If CEH has a career year, it would only be an outlier and I wouldn't trust in him enough to offer another contract. CEH will most likely be a backup in another city in two years.

All that in mind- GO PACHECO!
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:09 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Here’s what I wonder.

Have we seen him have much of a chance to break tackles passed the LOS? Like in the open field?

I think I remember reading that our backs averaged like 3 yards before first contact. That might not be the right number, but I know we were about the best in the league.

So is it that he doesn’t break tackles? Or was he just facing unrealistic situations?

From what I saw his line was absolutely s*****y. But what I like to see is if a back can overcome that. It's just so weird to me that his best stats came against better competition. I'm truly in wait and see mode with this guy
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:16 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Here’s what I wonder.

The 3rd video from the top in the OP is probably the best we have in trying to determine what he is.

I'm leaning towards my latest evaluation of him being dead ass wrong and this kid is gonna start plowing mofos, lol.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:21 AM 08-08-2022
If Andy and company are talking up a rookie in TC, then chances for success are really high and he will likely be a good player. Look back on past TC's and look at the rookies that got high praise. They all turned out really damn good.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:33 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
No. Just no.

Never before round 2. Ever.

There's just too many good ones found way later, it's not worth it. Especially when you have a force multiplier at QB.
If we traded down one spot that year and took a RB with the 1st pick in the 2nd round, is THAT okay with you?

The 1st/2nd round threshold is so bizarre and stupid. It was the last pick of the first round. If that's too high, then great, but then let's get specific. One pick later I'm going to assume STILL is a big no-no in your book. When does that change in the 2nd round, exactly?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:35 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Dontari Poe looked and played like utter dog crap in college because of his coaches, team, etc.

It happens. And as we all know, Rutgers may as well be Memphis football with how fucking bad it is.

No, doesn't mean he's an automatic shoo-in, but it does downplay a lot of his issues on the college tape.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:39 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dontari Poe looked and played like utter dog crap in college because of his coaches, team, etc.

It happens. And as we all know, Rutgers may as well be Memphis football with how fucking bad it is.

No, doesn't mean he's an automatic shoo-in, but it does downplay a lot of his issues on the college tape.
Yeah, exactly.

Which is why i'm not buying the whole "vision" thing. Sounds made up.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 08-08-2022
If we traded down one spot that year and took a RB with the 1st pick in the 2nd round, is THAT okay with you?

The 1st/2nd round threshold is so bizarre and stupid. It was the last pick of the first round. If that's too high, then great, but then let's get specific. One pick later I'm going to assume STILL is a big no-no in your book. When does that change in the 2nd round, exactly?
That fifth year option makes such a difference in the time you have said player before you have to make a decision on a contract. Having a cheap rookie DE or WR on a 5 year contract seems appetizing, no?

I woudn't take one in the 2nd either, but that seems to be a bit more of a sweat spot.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 AM 08-08-2022
Yea, it would really suck if the Chiefs had Jonathan Taylor with a 5th year option...
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:47 AM 08-08-2022

Middle of the 3rd round is my limit for RBs. You can get an elite RB in the 3rd or later. Absolutely no reason to spend more draft capital than that, especially if you are the Chiefs and rarely run.

Fuck I think we'd be just fine with Burton getting a majority of the carries, that's how unimportant RB is for the offense. Also I think he'd be more reliable than any of the other backs to get a 1st on 3rd/4th and 1 or get a TD from the goal line.

However is Pacheco can be a home run threat then that is pretty valuable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, it would really suck if the Chiefs has Jonathan Taylor with a 5th year option...
Or Tee Higgins. Or Diggs.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or Tee Higgins. Or Diggs.
Never said there weren't better options outside of RBs.

They could've just as easily drafted Laviska Shenault, who obviously wasn't a better option than Taylor.

I'm not overly concerned with the position at 32. If it's a hit, it's a hit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:55 AM 08-08-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Middle of the 3rd round is my limit for RBs. You can get an elite RB in the 3rd or later. Absolutely no reason to spend more draft capital than that, especially if you are the Chiefs and rarely run.

Fuck I think we'd be just fine with Burton getting a majority of the carries, that's how unimportant RB is for the offense. Also I think he'd be more reliable than any of the other backs to get a 1st on 3rd/4th and 1 or get a TD from the goal line.

However is Pacheco can be a home run threat then that is pretty valuable.
Okay that's pushing it. Just because we could still win games with Burton as the RB doesn't make it acceptable. We won the majority of our games when Cameron Erving had to be our starting LT, too.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 125
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up