ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 88
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:12 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I have been burned too many times on this to count Tom gone until the moment he hangs up the cleats and doesn't report for Weeks 1-18 of a football season.

The dude lost 3-34 against the Saints his first year in TB and threw a worse interception than Tebow or Palko EVER did. I stood sentry as Mahomes guided him to retirement when Hill got 269 yards in that season while we laughed at Romo saying that TB "finally figured it out" in garbage time after falling to like, 6-5 or whatever they were.

No. I will not count out what super HGH, a blood seance, and help from the refs could still do for Tom at this stage. I mean, how many threads have we made here in the last ten years dancing on Tom's NFL grave and saying he is finally done.

It is not over for this guy until it is OVER.
Fine! I'll go murder him! Jeez!!!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:31 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Fine! I'll go murder him! Jeez!!!
Tom Brady is really Tom Cruise from Interview with a Vampire.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:27 AM 10-24-2022
Bucs are still the 4th favorite to win the SB right now after the Bills, Eagles, and Chiefs. Vegas knows what the refs are capable of when he gets in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:43 AM 10-24-2022
Tom won't quit unless the Bucs say no thanks and every team does the same to a 46 year old QB next year.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:44 AM 10-24-2022
Tom won't quit unless the Bucs say no thanks and every team does the same to a 46 year old QB next year.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:21 AM 10-24-2022
Maybe Brady needs a redass head coach to keep him humming
[Reply]
scho63 05:24 AM 10-24-2022
Brady and Rogers both look like they missed the retirement limo and now are waiting for the city bus.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:40 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Brady and Rogers both look like they missed the retirement limo and now are waiting for the city bus.
It's Grumpy Old Men NFL Version.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:40 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He doesn't look washed to me. But TB has no run game at all. The OL is a shell of its former self. And his receivers aren't Gronk/Edelmann.

Note: Brady doesn't look right. Like he's aging right before my eyes.
Perhaps God is finally sick of his shit.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:59 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He did hit Mike Evans today with a perfect pass that would have changed the complexion of the game had he caught it, but he has been worse than usual.

I'm not convinced he's hit the Father Time wall just yet, but.. idk.

Still a lot of time to correct their issues. We'll see.
Still convinced that he didn’t need the preseason? :-) You idiots that were acting like he could just coast with his “superior talent” and didn’t need training camp are looking pretty dumb now. Anyone who understands how much work goes into each game knew this was coming. If Brady thinks he’s good enough to coast to the playoffs without putting in the effort he used to put in, he’ll continue to get owned by XFL level QB’s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:16 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Still convinced that he didn’t need the preseason? :-) You idiots that were acting like he could just coast with his “superior talent” and didn’t need training camp are looking pretty dumb now. Anyone who understands how much work goes into each game knew this was coming. If Brady thinks he’s good enough to coast to the playoffs without putting in the effort he used to put in, he’ll continue to get owned by XFL level QB’s.
Right. But he still has the easiest schedule known to mankind and are still winning their division. If he shows up for work and puts in a Peter Gibbons level effort he’s still going to the playoffs and will then show up for work in a real way.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 06:20 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. But he still has the easiest schedule known to mankind and are still winning their division. If he shows up for work and puts in a Peter Gibbons level effort he’s still going to the playoffs and will then show up for work in a real way.
I’m looking at the schedule…when does it get easier than a last place team using a 3rd string QB, and an interim head coach, the same week they put out flyers to the rest of the league that they were having a fire sale? I don’t think you all have been watching much of this Bucs team this season. It looks like a team with a QB uninterested in practicing during the week. They should not be favorites against anyone the rest of the way. They’ll win some, but they are not clear favorites over anyone. If losing to the Steelers and Panthers in back to back weeks hasn’t shown some of you that, I don’t know what will.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:44 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I’m looking at the schedule…when does it get easier than a last place team using a 3rd string QB, and an interim head coach, the same week they put out flyers to the rest of the league that they were having a fire sale? I don’t think you all have been watching much of this Bucs team this season. It looks like a team with a QB uninterested in practicing during the week. They should not be favorites against anyone the rest of the way. They’ll win some, but they are not clear favorites over anyone. If losing to the Steelers and Panthers in back to back weeks hasn’t shown some of you that, I don’t know what will.
I cant imagine the offensive line likes getting bawled out by Tom consistantly, no matter how famous he is!
[Reply]
Spott 06:55 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Perhaps God is finally sick of his shit.

His entire existence makes me question if there really is a God.
[Reply]
scho63 07:02 AM 10-24-2022
Imagine throwing away your marriage to a supermodel and being 3-4.

Oh the fucking joy as a Chief's fan.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 88
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up