ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 469
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:56 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
That Dozier 18.5 looks like free money
Agree 100%.

I think the ceiling for him is maybe 15-20 HR, and that's assuming he plays most of the time. I'm not convinced he will at this point.

Obviously, injuries to certain players could change that.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:59 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Royalsreview.com predicts the opening day lineup -

RF Whit Merrifield
2B Nicky Lopez
C Salvador Perez
LF Andrew Benintendi
1B Carlos Santana
DH Hunter Dozier
3B Bobby Witt Jr.
SS Adalberto Mondesi
CF Michael Taylor Jr

Who do you think for the bench?

Cam Gallagher
Sebastian Rivero
Ryan O'Hearn
Emmanuel Rivera
Kyle Isbel
JaCoby Jones
Edward Oliveras

I am thinking -
Cam Gallagher, Edward Oliveras, Kyle Isbel, and Ryan O'Hearn unless the Royals can make a trade.

With a 26-man roster, maybe infielder like Rivera is also there.

When Mondesi gets injured, Witt Jr moves to SS and Emmanuel Rivera or Hunter Dozier moves to 3B.
Someone take Dozier and O'Hearn to the train station.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:03 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That or they leave Witt at 3B, slide Lopez back over to SS, bring Whit back in from RF to play 2B. That opens a spot in RF for either Isbel (better defender) or Olivares (better bat). They could also give some spot starts to Dozier in RF, when he's not at DH. But it keeps your infield defense really strong. Going from Witt to Dozier at 3B is BIG drop off defensively. And we all know how much Dayton and the Royals love defense.
I think that's why Rivera makes the team. They really like his defense at 3B. I would imagine MJ gets some more looks there in Omaha. There are lots of good bats and they have to be creative to get them in. If O'Hearn and Dozier continue to hit that's going to make it even more interesting.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 02:07 PM 03-30-2022
The Dozier dilemma should be easily solved at trade deadline time. Either he or Santana gets traded and Melendez gets the call and whomever doesn't get traded splits time with Salvy at 1B and DH (w/ Melendez DH'ing on days when Salvy and Santozier both play).
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:10 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Contrary to the common fan's opinion, it's not happening. They are going to get their opportunity and as much as I am ready to see Pratto, MJ, Kyle, and Olivares play more, as a Royal's fan I can only hope Doze and O'Hearn can produce the way DM and Matheny think they can. That's going to make KC pretty competitive and fun to cheer for.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:22 PM 03-30-2022
To whom shared the mlb66.jr site to watch MLB games.

First, thank you!

Second, is there a reason why KC vs SF would not be a choice today? It doesn't come up as an option when I go to "select game" in the corner.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:31 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:

First, thank you!

Second, is there a reason why KC vs SF would not be a choice today? It doesn't come up as an option when I go to "select game" in the corner.
Sounds like a fun and effective way to get hacked.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:37 PM 03-30-2022

First, thank you!

They don't usually cover all the spring training games, especially when they are split squad games (not sure if Royals have that today or not).

But it's a betting site, in essence, so that could play into it as well.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:41 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dozier is getting his opportunity because of his contract and the Royals front office still seems to really believe in him.

O'Hearn is getting his opportunity because . . . . . . . . . . . . . . yeah, I got nothing.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:57 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Dozier is getting his opportunity because of his contract and the Royals front office still seems to really believe in him.

O'Hearn is getting his opportunity because . . . . . . . . . . . . . . yeah, I got nothing.
I have heard them talk on broadcast games about a change O'Hearn's approach and noticeable improved timing/hip drive with it. He seems to be driving the ball well.

But it is exhibition. Let's hope it carries over.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:09 PM 03-30-2022
I have heard them talk on broadcast games about a change O'Hearn's approach and noticeable improved timing/hip drive with it. He seems to be driving the ball well.

But it is exhibition. Let's hope it carries over.
My biggest problem with O'Hearn (aside from the fact that he's been mostly awful his entire MLB career) is he's now almost 29 and blocking guys who are younger and better than him and NEED to play.

If this is 2-3 years ago, sure play him, no one cared at that point and it didn't matter.

Now it matters.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:46 PM 03-30-2022
Need to the Royals to get on this for Bobby Witt Jr.

Japan's Tsuyoshi "Big Boss" Shinjo just entered the game on a hover craft for his managerial debut with the Nippon-Ham Fighters pic.twitter.com/3xCWFb2dZR

— Farm To Fame (@FarmToFame_) March 29, 2022

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 04:05 PM 03-30-2022
Contrary to the common fan's opinion, it's not happening. They are going to get their opportunity and as much as I am ready to see Pratto, MJ, Kyle, and Olivares play more, as a Royal's fan I can only hope Doze and O'Hearn can produce the way DM and Matheny think they can. That's going to make KC pretty competitive and fun to cheer for.
It's like back when Frenchy was still getting a stupid amount of at-bats. He was under contract and they didn't have to hurry with anyone. We have better players behind Dozier right now...but they aren't really rotting away until we know what we have for a team this year. Once we know whether we have a shot at the wild card or....gasp...the division, we start trimming the fat and playing anyone that helps us win.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:42 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Need to the Royals to get on this for Bobby Witt Jr.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:14 PM 03-30-2022
Hunter Dozier
How and why was such a contract created?
2022 - $4,750,000
2023 - $7,500,000
2024 - $9,250,000
2025 - $10,000,000
2026 - Free Agent

2018 - 102 games. .229 BA, 11 HR, .278 OBP
2019 - 139 games, .279 BA, 26 HR, .348 OBP
2020 - 44 games, .228 BA, 6 HR, .344 OBP
2021 - 144 games, .216 BA, 16 HR. .285 OBP

He is blocking other players. Royals don't like to throw away money, but they really need to give him one more chance but be prepared to cut their losses.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 469
« First < 232930313233 343536374383133 > Last »
Up