ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 86
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 10:33 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Sounds like he would benefit from a locker room like this one. HB has had his own past trials and tribulations that required him to completely turn his life around, Tyreek knows what dealing with negative press is like, and Andy has a history working with players that need some love to get their head right. There's a lot of support available to him if he wants it.

This isn't the Browns, Patriots, or Seahawks we're talking about, the players actually enjoy playing in KC for this team and for someone who seems to struggle with relapsing due to discomfort in tough situations this could be the best decision of his life. It's up to him to commit and convert, but I'd say his first media appearance will be huge in terms of reading his body language and to determine how he'll approach this opportunity.
I'm not so sure. Andy isn't exactly a disciplinarian. We have a good locker room morale, but if there is any place Gordon can probably get away with shit it's in a place like KC with a player friendly coach.

New England put up with it briefly, he had good results and he was still jettisoned. The voluntary part is just PR spin.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:35 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Like I said, he could be ready but I wouldn't expect much in the way of stats.

Maybe 4 catches for 20 yards or something...
Yeah, but I don't care about his stats. it's what he could do for the functionality of the offense that matters. We will see, of course, but the upside is huge and the downside is virtually non-existent.

He's literally a fucking All-pro on the PRACTICE SQUAD.

Why are these people acting like we just traded a first and a third for this guy?
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:37 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Yeah, but I don't care about his stats. it's what he could do for the functionality of the offense that matters. We will see, of course, but the upside is huge and the downside is virtually non-existent.

He's literally a fucking All-pro on the PRACTICE SQUAD.

Why are these people acting like we just traded a first and a third for this guy?
You missed the joke...
[Reply]
penguinz 10:39 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You missed the joke...
It's a really poor joke. ;-)
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:40 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You missed the joke...
We're playing fast and loose with the term "joke" these days

but yes. Yes, I did.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:40 AM 09-28-2021
If Gordon were signed by almost any other team nobody here would be predicting anything more than 200-500 yards and < 5 TDs.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:44 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If Gordon were signed by almost any other team nobody here would be predicting anything more than 200-500 yards and < 5 TDs.
Those teams don't have Reid as a HC and Mahomes as a QB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:45 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It's a really poor joke. ;-)
Just like my life.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:45 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
yup

my concern from a career perspective he is 50% when targeted. However I don't know if that stat factors in bad throws

Lot of bad teams and bad QBs. He’s also been a deep threat type, and catch rate on those is usually lower.

If he still has the goods physically, I’d expect his catch rate to be better in KC.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:48 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Suggs helped, without question. McCoy and Bell came into a situation at RB that is debatably different from what Gordon is entering with the Chiefs WR situation.

The Chiefs have a self-proclaimed "WR2 by committee" right now. That's not gonna cut it, especially when it appears teams have solved Tyreek and it's become apparent the offense is going to need 40+ points per game if February is the goal. If you have a guy like Gordon sitting there who can be had for cheap and possibly seize full control of that WR2 spot, then you have to take that chance. Period.
They need to get creative and scheme Hill's routes different, move him more inside and do crossers and outs more where he can't be double teamed as easily. They started doing that late in the game Sunday and it worked really well. They need to put him the backfield as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:48 AM 09-28-2021
Bust the pothead out against Buffalo.

Just have him run a streak route or a drag route in certain formations, 30 snaps.

I bet he goes off.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:49 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lot of bad teams and bad QBs. He’s also been a deep threat type, and catch rate on those is usually lower.

If he still has the goods physically, I’d expect his catch rate to be better in KC.
With Kelce and Hill taking so much attention, he should get favorable matchups often.

If his stats equate to 750 yards and 6 TDs over a full season, then that’s good enough for me. That would be 530 and 4 over 12 games, which I think is reasonable. Anything over that is just gravy.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:55 AM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
GORDON GONNA BALL OUT
O
R
D
O
N

G
O
N
N
A

B
A
L
L

O
U
T
SHE TOUCHED MY PEPE STEVE
H
E

T
O
U
C
H
E
D

M
Y

P
E
P
E

S
T
E
V
E

[Reply]
Dante84 10:56 AM 09-28-2021

#Chiefs WR Josh Gordon has passed his physical and signed his contract, source said. Officially official.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 28, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 09-28-2021
Gordon is going to ball out.

Single coverage against the #3 CB all day bitches.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 86
« First < 232930313233 343536374383 > Last »
Up