ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's wrong with Mecole Hardman - Part 2
dlphg9 05:43 AM 02-17-2021
Spoiler alert!

Nothing is wrong with him! Unless you consider Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce as being a problem.

Mecole was 3rd on the team in targets (62), rec yards (560), and rec TDs (4). Those stats are right in line with any other teams 3rd most productive receiver and none of those other teams had 2 guys that were 1st team AP in front of that guy.

Green Bay Packers #1 ranked scoring offense
3rd most productive receiving option
Robert Tonyan - 59 targets, 52 rec, 586 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 212
Rec - 148
Yards - 2064

Buffalo Bills #2 ranked scoring offense
Gabriel Davis - 62 targets, 35 rec, 599 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 273
Rec - 209
Yards - 2502

Tampa Bay Buccaneers #3 ranked scoring offense
Rob Gronkowski - 77 targets, 45 rec, 623 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 193
Rec - 135
Yards - 1846

Tennessee Titans #4 ranked scoring offense
Jonnu Smith - 65 targets, 41 rec, 448 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 198
Rec - 135
Yards - 2059

New Orleans Saints #5 ranked scoring offense
Jared Cook - 60 targets, 37 rec, 504 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 189
Rec - 144
Yards - 1482

Baltimore Ravens #7 ranked scoring offense
Willie Snead - 48 targets, 33 rec, 432 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 188
Rec - 116
Yards - 1470

Seattle Seahawks #8 ranked scoring offense
David Moore - 47 targets, 35 rec, 417 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 261
Rec - 183
Yards - 2357

Indianapolis Colts #9 ranked scoring offense
Michael Pittman Jr. - 61 targets, 40 rec, 503 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 164
Rec - 99
Yards - 1391

Las Vegas Raiders #10 ranked scoring offense
Hunter Renfrow - 77 targets, 56 rec, 656 yds

Top 2 options
Targets - 227
Rec - 155
Yards - 2092

Average for top 10 scoring offense's 3rd most productive receiving option :

Targets - 62
Receptions - 41
Yards - 530

Average for top 10 scoring offense's top 2 most productive receiving options combined :

Targets - 212
Receptions - 147
Yards - 1918

This is how Hardman stacks up against the other teams 3rd receiving option

Targets - 62 (62 avg)
Receptions - 41 (41 avg)
Yards - 560 (530 avg)

Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce combined

Targets - 280 (most in group)
Receptions - 192 (2nd most in group)
Yards - 2692 (most in group)

So what we can see from these stats above is that nothing is up with Mecole Hardman. His targets and reception matched the average of the 9 other top offenses 3rd receiving option and he was above average in yards, but the big huge difference is Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill just happen to be on the same team as him. Those two have 68 more combined targets, 45 more combined receptions, and 774 more combined yards than the others teams top 2 receiving threats.

TLDR;

Nothing is wrong, he's right in line with the other teams 3rd most productive pass catchers. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are monsters and the best pass catching duo in a long ass time.

PS:

Seriously Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are so good! There was only 11 QBs with more TD passes than those 2 had receiving TDs.

PSS:

Fucking Cam Newton started 15 games and had 45 less passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards in the same amount of games!

PSSS:

Fucking MVP Lamar had 65 more passing yards than Hill and Kelce had rec yards and they tied for the same amount of passing TDs to receiving TDs.
[Reply]
eDave 06:10 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's the touchdown - the 'quarterback view' is the best one to demonstrate it. Look at about the 36 second mark how he pivots his hips and sets his feet to turn upfield and deliver a blow before the ball gets there. It's brilliant stuff.

Now again, I'm not saying that Robinson needs to be this good at that sort of thing, but it demonstrates how important those little things can be (and how obscenely good Kelce is at it).
Those were the things he was teaching at his camp. The little stuff.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:10 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yep. He was the perfect #2 for us but God hated him.

No Super Bowl run in 2019 without him.

If the Chiefs were relying on Hardman in 2019 as the #2 WR…they are fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:12 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is just bullshit.

Sammy’s best season was in 2019 when he had 673 yards and 3 TD’s on 90 targets.

Mecole’s best season was also 2019 when he had 538 yards and 6 TD’s on 41 targets.

Sure, Sammy didn’t play in 16 games that year (14), but even when he almost did, he wasn’t THAT much more productive than a rookie Hardman, despite more than double the amount of targets.

How did Sammy do in the playoffs in 2019 dumbass? How did Hardman do in the playoffs in 2020?

You’re such a fucking moron when it comes to Hardman.

[Reply]
staylor26 06:15 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How did Sammy do in the playoffs in 2019 dumbass? How did Hardman do in the playoffs in 2020?

You’re such a fucking moron when it comes to Hardman.

You are imagining things. Hardman was every bit as productive as Sammy. Sammy disappeared more often than not, outside of the playoffs.
Learn to fucking read dumbass.

I’m talking specifically about his regular season production.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:40 PM 09-13-2021
Holy shit this is ****ing stupid.

Let’s just ignore Humphrey, Bolton, Sneed, Thornhill, Smith, Niang, Hughes etc. and focus on the bad huh?

And if you consider the Clark a “waste” then you have very little respect for the role he played in our SB.

Also, Brown is above average. He’s Erich Fisher with a different skill set and a little bit better of a run blocker.
Mike Hughes? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:42 PM 09-13-2021
Compare the guys Dorsey drafted/signed to those squads vs Veach and whoever the cleveland GM is. Not even close.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:48 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Mike Hughes? :-)
Yes, getting what is essentially a starting nickel corner for a late round pick deserves mention.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:52 PM 09-13-2021
Learn to fucking read dumbass.

I’m talking specifically about his regular season production.

Yeah of course because he is shit in the playoffs.

Mecole must give you a helluva reach around when he’s got his cock up your ass.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:53 PM 09-13-2021
Yes, getting what is essentially a starting nickel corner for a late round pick deserves mention.
You reach so hard you mentioned Niang who's played exactly 1 game. Compare that to Dorseys picks and then name 1 good first round pick Veach has made.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:58 PM 09-13-2021
Wrong thread
[Reply]
staylor26 07:14 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You reach so hard you mentioned Niang who's played exactly 1 game. Compare that to Dorseys picks and then name 1 good first round pick Veach has made.
I was clearly talking about the positives from game 1.

Just to be clear, you are also already making judgement off of Brown after 1 game. What’s the difference?

Also, Veach has literally had just 1 1st round pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:16 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yeah of course because he is shit in the playoffs.

Mecole must give you a helluva reach around when he’s got his cock up your ass.

My point was simply about Watkin’s production in comparison to Hardman’s in the regular season. It’s been the Kelce and Hill show during the regular season, and will continue to be regardless of who our 3rd option is.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:40 PM 09-13-2021
I was clearly talking about the positives from game 1.

Just to be clear, you are also already making judgement off of Brown after 1 game. What’s the difference?

Also, Veach has literally had just 1 1st round pick.
Nah I'm hoping Brown will be somewhere between average and really good for conteact purposes
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:00 AM 09-14-2021
You are imagining things. Hardman was every bit as productive as Sammy. Sammy disappeared more often than not, outside of the playoffs.
I have said this a lot, but watching the all-22, defenses just played us differently with Watkins on the field.

So, numbers don't tell the whole story when it comes to the contribution Sammy made to the team.

Even with Hardman's speed, he just doesn't command the attention that Sammy did.

I have defended Hardman because it's his 3rd year, and he didn't have a training camp between his 1st and 2nd year, plus he just wasn't asked to be a bigger part of the offense because we had Sammy.

But, after rewatching the game, I am ready to see Kemp, and even Fountain, getting playing instead of Robinson and Hardman. Because, they really couldn't do any worse than Robinson, Harden, or even Pringle.

How will we even know if they can play on offense if they don't get game reps? I know people have a hard-on for Pringle, but he doesn't really get separation outside of plays when Mahomes scrambles.

I know that Hill and Kelce will always be the 1st, 2nd, and sometimes maybe even the 3rd option, and for very good reason, but we could be even better on offense if we could develop a legitimate WR2.

Or hell, even a legitimate TE2.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
flinchfree 02:21 AM 09-14-2021
Patrick Mahomes is on the sideline. Andy asks him, 'Who do you want as an option to throw to after we put Kelce and Hill on the field? Watkins or Mecole?'

Regular season, post season, Super Bowl, take your pick of the game.
Both players healthy, Mahomes gets to choose who he thinks is the better option.

Who do you think Patrick asks for?

Now ask the same question of Kelce and Hill, who do THEY want on the field either getting open or just drawing attention to make their lives easier?

Ask anyone in the league, assuming Watkins is healthy enough to take the field, who they want????

Mecole adds a wrinkle. He's not a real extra receiver out on the field.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 39
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up