ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 44
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:12 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, that's one Area where the Tesla would supposedly blow this Away. 500 miles is the claim for the cyber truck
Actually every metric other than looks and regular bed...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
[Reply]
aturnis 04:15 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Once they figure out range and fast charging the sky is the limit.

After seeing the Ford there's no way I'd get a Tesla. I actually use my truck to tow and work, not tool around town shopping at Target.
Which is why you should get the Tesla and not the Ford. The Ford range is incredibly limited, asking with payload and towing capacity. Tesla is designed to make those things plausible. F150 is designed to beat pavement princess or non hauling work truck.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:18 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Electric Hummer EV blows them both away.

https://www.gmc.com/electric/hummer-ev
Hummer is a sitting duck at I've 9,000 pounds. TERRIBLY designed. Goes to show there's nothing to their ULTIUM Battery platform except a can that will accept a prismatic cell "placed like this OR like this".

GM is screwing the pooch. Just the battery weighs more than a Honda Civic.

Wouldn't buy any stock!

[Reply]
aturnis 04:19 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
How do these other elect vehicles go cross country? Tesla has the Supercharger Network that makes it possible but what are you supposed to do with other EVs?
Use terrible 3rd party chargers that are slow and don't work more than half the time!

[Reply]
aturnis 04:21 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Did you have a .50 cal gun mounted on the back? Because I'd definitely add that as an option.
More fitting if the Cybertruck isn't it? Looks like the Halo Warthog and would more than fit in on any battlefield.

[Reply]
backinblack 04:22 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by aturnis:
They don't have a choice. It's 100% electric by 2030 or cease to exist. They are doing the right thing. Unfortunately range and cost will be big issues. Not to mention negative margins.

No automaker that is currently making ICE vehicles will be 100% electric by 2030, that’s foolishness.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:23 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This Ford truck is actually something that could get me into a truck. I don’t need heavy towing but I do need carrying capacity for my woodworking hobby and other various household projects. So the range wouldn’t bother me and a major reason I haven’t gone truck is the gas usage so this could be just what gets me in a truck.
Same. Never owned a truck due to economics and conscience of pollution. Couldn't deal with the restrictions and price if the F150 Lightning though

[Reply]
aturnis 04:30 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

The difference in purchase price is far more than fuel mileage. And that part won’t change with an electric.
Yes it will. Cost to drive my Model 3 300 miles is less than $10, and that's with marked up electricity from a supercharger. Charging at home, which comes with 100% range every morning and so the gas station is even less. Maybe $9?

Even if the Cybertruck has a 200kWh battery pack, it should cost $24 for those 500+ miles.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:35 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I could be wrong but I think Tesla is going to surprise people with a different design truck they will unveil just before launch that won't look like it was recycled from Robocop
Doubtful. They'll wait for you to change your mind like most did when Dodge Rams first changed their stilling drastically.

It won't take long for men to realize a Cybertruck beats an F150 and approaches F250 in every category, drives like a Porsche, has options you've never thought of, cheaper to own and looks like a damned military vehicle.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:39 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
No automaker that is currently making ICE vehicles will be 100% electric by 2030, that’s foolishness.
Not at The scale they are currently. They've all been contracting in size since 2017 though, so that will accelerate eventually. If they can figure out how to build electric cars that won't bea nightmare to warranty(big if), they should be fine. Less unit volume, but if they are talented engineers, their margins should go up substantially.

[Reply]
Lzen 04:52 PM 04-15-2022
aturnis, did you just get a job as a tesla salesman?
[Reply]
backinblack 04:55 PM 04-15-2022
Not at The scale they are currently. They've all been contracting in size since 2017 though, so that will accelerate eventually. If they can figure out how to build electric cars that won't bea nightmare to warranty(big if), they should be fine. Less unit volume, but if they are talented engineers, their margins should go up substantially.

Most of the reason why electric cars won’t be dominant over ICE cars for more than a decade at the very least are out of the automakers control. Infrastructure to support a majority of electric cars for one.

I know people really want ICE cars dead, but it’s not as close as you are praying for.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:59 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
aturnis, did you just get a job as a tesla salesman?
Lol. No, but they do have me rock hard and rich! Just ready for the age of abundance.

[Reply]
aturnis 05:01 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by backinblack:
Most of the reason why electric cars won’t be dominant over ICE cars for more than a decade at the very least are out of the automakers control. Infrastructure to support a majority of electric cars for one.

I know people really want ICE cars dead, but it’s not as close as you are praying for.
Infrastructure claims are oversold. 90% of charging will happen in garage. Literally the biggest hurdle is charging for apartment dwellers.

[Reply]
backinblack 05:06 PM 04-15-2022
Infrastructure claims are oversold. 90% of charging will happen in garage. Literally the biggest hurdle is charging for diamante dwellers.

and what happens when 300 million electric cars are simultaneously charging over night on our current electrical grid?
[Reply]
Page 33 of 44
« First < 232930313233 3435363743 > Last »
Up