ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 36
« First < 232930313233 343536 >
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
crayzkirk 04:50 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Do we have to use spoilers?

Fuck it, you know damn well it’s fried squid, and jamming the rod into her brain is like drugs.

Pretty hilarious when you think about it.
Some of the funniest moments have been with The Deep, and I can understand why HomeLander is so messed up. I can tune out the political crap because this is an alternate reality. Most of the time, I am entertained and at others, I just roll my eyes.
[Reply]
notorious 05:21 PM 06-18-2024
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Some of the funniest moments have been with The Deep, and I can understand why HomeLander is so messed up. I can tune out the political crap because this is an alternate reality. Most of the time, I am entertained and at others, I just roll my eyes.
I wouldn't mind an episode showing Homelander while growing up.

They flashed to this innocent baby locked in a vault assuming it was him in a past episode.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:38 AM 06-21-2024
Last night was the first time I sided with Homelander.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:55 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Last night was the first time I sided with Homelander.

Spoiler!
If Kripke didn't ram Firecracker down the audience's throat the story would be exponentially more interesting but He's just too obvious with his hate for conservatives this season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:56 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If Kripke didn't ram Firecracker down the audience's throat the story would be exponentially more interesting but He's just too obvious with his hate for conservatives this season.
I literally cannot stand firecracker. It's almost too over the top even for me lol
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:59 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I literally cannot stand firecracker. It's almost too over the top even for me lol
Yeah,

This is when a executive producer is supposed to step in and say knock that shit off.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:00 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Agreed, the same thing could be accomplished without repeatedly using the same boring character.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:03 PM 06-21-2024
Agreed, the same thing could be accomplished without repeatedly using the same boring character.
I can roll my eyes at stuff like this typically if the story is good. But she feels tired.....

Season one was fine with that one dude, which oh just happens to be a damn carbon copy.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:09 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I can roll my eyes at stuff like this typically if the story is good. But she feels tired.....

Season one was fine with that one dude, which oh just happens to be a damn carbon copy.
A city full of mentally unstable superhumans, and politics is a feature of the show? Jesus.

Hopefully Homelander will shed his need for outside validation, and completely disregard the rule of law.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM 06-21-2024
A city full of mentally unstable superhumans, and politics is a feature of the show? Jesus.

Hopefully Homelander will shed his need for outside validation, and completely disregard the rule of law.
The Boys has basically always been a show that is heavily critical of American government. It's just way more on the nose than it was because the actor that plays Homelander and the showrunner got super pissed people were missing the message.

When Antony Starr is doing interviews basically saying if you love Homelander you're a moron that is missing the point of the character and the show..yea.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Boys has basically always been a show that is heavily critical of American government. It's just way more on the nose than it was because the actor that plays Homelander and the showrunner got super pissed people were missing the message.

When Antony Starr is doing interviews basically saying if you love Homelander you're a moron that is missing the point of the character and the show..yea.
It's the viewers fault that Homelander is by far and objectively the best character on the show?

It's like these people don't understand that audiences love villains. Was Christopher Nolan complaining that people loved Heath Ledger's Joker more than Batman? Was QT complaining that everybody loved Hans Landa?

Butcher is a great character too, and easily the 2nd best, and he's far more anti-hero than hero.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 06-21-2024
Who the fuck do these idiots think people are watching the show for?

Starlight? Hughie?

:-) :-) :-)

Of course this dumbass Mecca doesn't get it either.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:55 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who the fuck do these idiots think people are watching the show for?

Starlight? Hughie?

:-) :-) :-)

Of course this dumbass Mecca doesn't get it either.
I'm sorry you missed my point, oh well.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:58 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm sorry you missed my point, oh well.
I did not at all miss your point.

The writers are pissed because Homelander is supposed to represent Trump/MAGA and people love him anyways. I totally understand that point.

But they don't understand that nobody loves a great hero more than a great villain, and you don't seem to get that either based on you agreeing with Starr.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I did not at all miss your point.

The writers are pissed because Homelander is supposed to represent Trump/MAGA and people love him anyways. I totally understand that point.

But they don't understand that nobody loves a great hero more than a great villain, and you don't seem to get that either based on your defense of them.
What I said wasn't even a defense of the show, it's what happened. If you take that as a defense, that's on you.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 36
« First < 232930313233 343536 >
Up